Why are we missing a Path of Fire event portal?

Ive been wondering that aswell. I bought the HoT one recently when it was on sale although it doesnt give me that much value because i know all the event times of HoT-events. For PoF on the other side i dont know all the event times so such a device would make me do them more. I know i could just look on wiki, but thats just not the same. If im bored in the game, i just wanna be like "oh, what might be up right now?" and double click the device that will teleport me there immediately, instead of alt-tabbing out of the game and open the event-timer on the wiki.

My guess, the HoT portal device did not sell well. Or they were waiting to finish ls3 and bundle pof metas with with episode 1 3 and 4 metas. This would be similar to how HoT had the ls2 meta bundled with it.Now for my prediction. They will release a pof portal device this summer at the same time as a community meta event rush.

@Shadowmoon.7986 said:My guess, the HoT portal device did not sell well. Or they were waiting to finish ls3 and bundle pof metas with with episode 1 3 and 4 metas. This would be similar to how HoT had the ls2 meta bundled with it.Now for my prediction. They will release a pof portal device this summer at the same time as a community meta event rush.It did sell well, or they wouldn't've brought it back, since this is the 2nd time its been listed.

The reason they don't make one for PoF is that almost no one does the metas there, even the bounties are rarely done now. Heart of Thorns has stood the test of time while people have mostly forgotten about Path of Fire beyond Dragonfall.

Alot of it comes down to bad meta design in Crystal Desert, especially Serpent's Ire. In HoT you can constantly cycle between the metas on all four maps plus the occasional Silverwastes run and nothing like that exists for PoF, the metas are either too hard, too unrewarding, on random timers, limited to once per day or require mechanics that no one wants to bother with because its casual-not-casual.

Heart of Thorns knew what it was, and stuck to it. PoF tried to be too many things, and failed at most of them.

@Hannelore.8153 said:

@"Shadowmoon.7986" said:My guess, the HoT portal device did not sell well. Or they were waiting to finish ls3 and bundle pof metas with with episode 1 3 and 4 metas. This would be similar to how HoT had the ls2 meta bundled with it.Now for my prediction. They will release a pof portal device this summer at the same time as a community meta event rush.It did sell well, or they wouldn't've brought it back, since this is the 2nd time its been listed.

The reason they don't make one for PoF is that almost no one does the metas there, even the bounties are rarely done now. Heart of Thorns has stood the test of time while people have mostly forgotten about Path of Fire beyond Dragonfall.

Alot of it comes down to bad meta design in Crystal Desert, especially Serpent's Ire. In HoT you can constantly cycle between the metas on all four maps plus the occasional Silverwastes run and nothing like that exists for PoF, the metas are either too hard, too unrewarding, on random timers, limited to once per day or require mechanics that no one wants to bother with because its casual-not-casual.

Heart of Thorns knew what it was, and stuck to it. PoF tried to be too many things, and failed at most of them.

Correction to a portion of your post: the rewards are limited to once per day(for a select few), they're not however on random timers(though the wiki's Event Timer page is currently not working, probably something to do with the update). Unrewarding is selective and up to an individual to decide, there's also a "fun" factor, HoT meta's are slightly more fun that PoF meta's. There's also the fact that none of the PoF meta's are MAP wide, except for the Treasure Hunt in Desert Highlands, the others are all located in specific regions of their respective maps, the HoT ones basically encompass the entire map.