Meet the Renegade Remade!

DonArkanio.6419

@"Aeolus.3615" said:It actually sounds nice but I would use the utilities to improve sword just like ritualistic did on gw1, each ghost from each utility would be a weapon spell based on upkeep.This would avoid follow a.i or like we have that ended in aoe spam stuff...that gets killed easily.

For those who missed gw1:https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Weapon_spell

A.i can work o gw2 if Anet approach diablo3 mechanics, just check how it works with guardian summons, or anybother summon....

Note: d3 necro is more than broken...due how A.i works.

Yeah, I agree that the AI in GW2 doesn't do its job. I was mostly aiming for the concept and feel of the ESpec. I actually think Renegade's AI could work if done properly.

One of the best ways to make these work is to give the AI just one purpose, without letting it follow the PC or do some random stuff like Mesmer's clones do. I decided to make them appear but I think it could be cool if they were something untargetable, so their purpose is being the extra animation of the skill they're tied to.

• 2 months later...

I agree. short bow/longbow for Pyre, Great sword for Kalla. Even Kalla's statue shows her wielding a great sword, so why not just make Renegade great sword wielder. Kalla comes more into the idea of a great sword wielder. Pyre comes into the idea of a short bow/longbow wielder.

@Drizzt.1796 said:I agree. short bow/longbow for Pyre, Great sword for Kalla. Even Kalla's statue shows her wielding a great sword, so why not just make Renegade great sword wielder. Kalla comes more into the idea of a great sword wielder. Pyre comes into the idea of a short bow/longbow wielder.

Yup, that's just common sense looking at the in-game example. And I think that it could be really interesting having Greatsword as a condi-weapon.On a side note. A charr legend.. with a shortbow? I mean, you could do this but I'm 100% sure people at ANet were like wth when they heard the Shortbow idea.

@DonArkanio.6419 said:

@Drizzt.1796 said:I agree. short bow/longbow for Pyre, Great sword for Kalla. Even Kalla's statue shows her wielding a great sword, so why not just make Renegade great sword wielder. Kalla comes more into the idea of a great sword wielder. Pyre comes into the idea of a short bow/longbow wielder.

Yup, that's just common sense looking at the in-game example. And I think that it could be really interesting having Greatsword as a condi-weapon.On a side note. A charr legend.. with a shortbow? I mean, you could do this but I'm 100% sure people at ANet were like wth when they heard the Shortbow idea.

Lol. ok

When it comes to rev anet derps like never before. Renegade and its shortbow was a dire mistake. V needed a Solid rework and a condi ranged weapon that works well. Kalla has a gs, loooks good with gs, lore wise uses a gs. Rev Prime (Rytlock) uses a gs. Hell this all balthazar problem started with a gs. And they gave rev a shortbow that Has meh skills. Did they finish the class one night before the release? I know that they can do better because they made really cool Elite specs for others.

@alain.1659 said:When it comes to rev anet derps like never before. Renegade and its shortbow was a dire mistake. V needed a Solid rework and a condi ranged weapon that works well. Kalla has a gs, loooks good with gs, lore wise uses a gs. Rev Prime (Rytlock) uses a gs. Hell this all balthazar problem started with a gs. And they gave rev a shortbow that Has meh skills. Did they finish the class one night before the release? I know that they can do better because they made really cool Elite specs for others.

@DonArkanio.6419 said:

You know..... they could of made it a ranged, condition weapon? We have no Condi-greatsword in game, and it would of subverted what is expected of a greatsword spec. Ranged, conditions this is all stuff that we don't associate with greatsword. (Outside of ranged on messmer but even then its a power weapon.) So it would set rev apart, make it mid-range with balth animations and give it better skills.... Kalla could of been really cool.

• 3 weeks later...

There is a lot of effort put into this redesign, but at this point it's probably better for Anet to take any decent suggestions and instead apply them to the new E-spec for the upcoming Canthan expansion. Thanks to various balance changes Renegade is currently in a good state for PvE, and while not "meta" it's very playable in PvP.

• 1 month later...