Plague signet is a bad idea?

blp.3489

The Core Signet Roamer build on Metabattle uses the Plague Signet but after trying it out I'm not sure why one would want to. Yes, you get a condition clear/transfer every 45s but you also soak up all the conditions from allies. I thought that was kind of a nice support role for group play, but in my experience was just a recipe for spontaneous combustion and movement impairment, usually ending in death due to getting caught and beat upon by the enemy. While there is some satisfaction to the condition transfer, the 45s cool down means I'm usually dead before I can use it a second time. Am I missing something?

Its incredible support, because you can dedicate your build entirely to cleansing conditions and essentially make your allies immune to them, and as long as you can keep up with clears that'll make your team win in almost every conceivable scenario.

But its not something you take unless you're specifically built for it, or you'll melt fast.

Unholy Martyr + Shrouded Removal.

Toss a Cleansing sigil in there if you like and you're basically a Condition sponge for your allies with the benefit of being able to use those Conditions as an attack by sending them back or converting them to Life Force. You'll need to do a lot of Shroud camping and be cautious about when you exit for maximum conversion from Shrouded Removal but you can be an asset with these things on hand.

We are talking about this, right?https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Necromancer_-_Core_Signet_Roamer

The build on metabattle is marked as "duelist" for a reason. Traited plague signet only works well in 1v1 (low cooldown stunbreak and condi cleanse).

@"SpellOfIniquity.1780" said:Unholy Martyr + Shrouded Removal.

Toss a Cleansing sigil in there if you like and you're basically a Condition sponge for your allies with the benefit of being able to use those Conditions as an attack by sending them back or converting them to Life Force. You'll need to do a lot of Shroud camping and be cautious about when you exit for maximum conversion from Shrouded Removal but you can be an asset with these things on hand.

Bunker necro in general is bad in smallscale. That tiny bit of condi cleanse support cripples you more than it helps your teammates. You become even more useless. The rez signet is the only meaningful support, but skilled encounters will see it coming (target switch to the necro as soon as someone goes down) and interrupt it. Playing any other build will contribute a lot more to the team.

And of course you can't have all of it. Signets are only good when picking spite. Your combo requires picking BM+DM. You have to drop SR then when you still want to pick spite. At the end of the day you don't play the build, the OP was talking about, anymore.

@"KrHome.1920" said:We are talking about this, right?https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Necromancer_-_Core_Signet_Roamer

The build on metabattle is marked as "duelist" for a reason. Traited plague signet only works well in 1v1 (low cooldown stunbreak and condi cleanse).

@"SpellOfIniquity.1780" said:
+

Bunker necro in general is bad in smallscale. That tiny bit of condi cleanse support cripples you more than it helps your teammates. You become even more useless. The rez signet is the only meaningful support, but skilled encounters will see it coming (target switch to the necro as soon as someone goes down) and interrupt it. Playing any other build will contribute a lot more to the team.

And of course you can't have all of it. Signets are only good when picking spite. Your combo requires picking BM+DM. You have to drop SR then when you still want to pick spite. At the end of the day you don't play the build, the OP was talking about, anymore.

I have stated almost exactly this numerous times so yes, it is true and I agree. Was just explaining how it can be beneficial and how to use it if OP so chooses to do so.

Core Necro is in general not a good choice for anything outside of roaming or very small scale. Core Condition is a little better for single target corrupt pressure, but core Power or a Signet build could have it's role fulfilled by the other elite specs with much greater utility.

The Signet build is a meme but a lot of people play it to compensate for what ever reasons they have that cause them difficulty with playing other options Necro has. And then a handful just play it because it can "compete", but I use that word loosely because I don't think a sponge qualifies as being competitive.

@"SpellOfIniquity.1780" said:Core Necro is in general not a good choice for anything outside of roaming or very small scale. Core Condition is a little better for single target corrupt pressure, but core Power or a Signet build could have it's role fulfilled by the other elite specs with much greater utility.

I saw a few top guilds like DED and LATE using Core Necros in their 15-20 men GvGs.I think they use the Lich Elite to spike targets down.

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:

@"SpellOfIniquity.1780" said:Core Necro is in general not a good choice for anything outside of roaming or very small scale. Core Condition is a little better for single target corrupt pressure, but core Power or a Signet build could have it's role fulfilled by the other elite specs with much greater utility.

I saw a few top guilds like DED and LATE using Core Necros in their 15-20 men GvGs.I think they use the Lich Elite to spike targets down.

Interesting, I could see that having value with co-ordination. I often talk pugs when referring to value in groups though, just because it's the norm of WvW. At least on NA anyway, where the majority of fights are open squads with 10 people that actually have any clue about what they're doing.