Pls Bring 2v2 back

I rarely post but I have to give my grain of sand and support 2v2.

It has been really addictive and fun, I really liked it and there is no reason for it to not be our next game mode.

It is easy and straightforward to fix any bugs and devs dont need to spend lots of time or effort into it, just release it like it is right now and maybe add a map per year, not too much asking, but please. Let us have 2v2 ranked game mode as solo Q

@"Vornollo.5182" said:It is a separate game mode, use the PvP browser to find some 2v2 arenas..?Anyhow, I like it as an off-season thing, but I'd rather not split the PvP playerbase too much. Just my thoughts on it.

When people say they don't want to split the player base it just sounds like, " i want to take away what's fun for other people so they're all forced to play with me in my game mode." Not splitting the player base doesn't make something more fun to people that don't want to do it. It just leaves them no other options. Do it or move onto another game. I been boring myself soloing events in Maguuma jungle until I quit. I loved 2v2 and it wasn't even a successful season for me. I'm sick of conquest. it's been 7 years of it. I"m just sick of it. Anet should be trying to capitalize on this. They should have kept 2v2 an unranked option at the very least. And anet should be working on a capture the flag game mode for the next expansion at the very least. Options should be growing. Build it and they will come. Not wanting to split the player base is the reason for the shrinking player base.

It was fun for a while, but 2on2 is extremely one-dimensional. Conquest is great, because it enables so many different roles and allows playing even around counters with proper movement and teamwork. 2on2 is mainly build-dependant.

Bring it back, whatever, but not at the cost of the way more complex and long-term motivating conquest.

I was under the impression that 2v2 would be miniseason between seasons, instead of 2 weeks of no ranked.I get that some people really enjoy 2v2 even more then 5v5, but in the end developers propably want pvp main game mode as 5v5.And by creating both 5v5 and 2v2 they would split playerbase and made matchmaking even worse then it already is.If the population was huge having both 2v2 and 5v5 would be the best solution but as it is right now I dont think it would be sustainable.

The playerbase splitting is a bad argument. I prefer conquest but I'd rather have the people that prefer 2 vs. 2 playing their 2 vs. 2 instead of playing conquest where they easier might tend to troll or ragequit than in a game mode they like (where they are more encouraged to fight until the end).

Previous season already had a split where conquest was in unranked and you had to go there. (And I even got better queue times than in 2 vs. 2. And better quality machtes than atm in conquest ranked.)

Different queues can be a chance for more new players to join PvP - if there are more options. Imo I'd prefer if ranked/unranked was removed and just a single queue (hidden rating) so you could just play for fun not for rating. (With matchmaking and rating in the background no visible rating to the player.)

Then 2 queues: conquest and 2 vs 2.(Maybe add more ... I'd prefer if I could queue only for my favorite map with queues for each map. I'd be willing to accept a longer queue time for that.)

I'd prefer 2v2 over 3v3. If I want a spam fest, I'd queue for Conquest and go for the mid fight.

In 2v2, I can actually see the skills, count the dodge, timing skills... It's way more fun and enjoyable. If we have real tournaments, it's also easier for the audience to understand what's going on.