110 + 6/s Energy for the whole skillset

• 5 Energy - Empowering Misery
  • 30 Energy - Banish Enchantment
  • 35 Energy - Pain Absorption
  • 35 - Call to Anguish
  • 5 + 6/s Energy - Embrace the Darkness

Elite Specializations

Herald

16/s Energy for the entire skillset (you can't use all Facets at once)

• 2/s Energy - Facet of Light
  • 1/s Energy - Facet of Elements
  • 2/s Energy - Facet of Strength
  • 2/s Energy - Facet of Darkness
  • 5/s Energy- Facet of Chaos
  • 3/s Energy - Facet of Nature

Renegade

155 + 8/s Energy for the entire skillset

• 5 Energy - Breakrazor's Bastion
  • 15 Energy - Razorclaw's Rage
  • 20 Energy - Icerazor's Ire
  • 30 Energy - Darkrazor's Daring
  • 10 + 8/s Energy - Soulcleave's Summit
  • 10 Energy - Heroic Command
  • 20 Energy - Orders from Above
  • 35 Energy - Citadel Bombardment

Weapon Skills

Sword

40 Energy in total

• 5 Energy - Chilling Isolation
  • 15 Energy - Unrelenting Assault
  • 10 Energy - Shackling Wave
  • 10 Energy - Deathstrike

Mace

10 Energy in total

• 5 Energy - Searing Fissure
  • 5 Energy - Echoing Eruption

Axe

20 Energy in total

• 10 Energy - Frigid Blitz
  • 10 Energy - Temporal Rift

Staff

45 Energy in total

• 5 Energy - Mender's Rebuke
  • 10 Energy - Warding Rift
  • 15 Energy - Renewing Wave
  • 15 Energy - Surge of the Mists

Hammer

35 Energy in total

• 5 Energy - Coalescence of Ruin
  • 5 Energy - Phase Smash
  • 10 Energy - Field of the Mists
  • 15 Energy - Drop the Hammer

Shield (Herald)

28 Energy in total

• 8 Energy - Envoy of Exuberance
  • 20 Energy - Crystal Hibernation

Shortbow (Renegade)

39 Energy in total

• 4 Energy - Bloodbane Path
  • 7 Energy - Sevenshot
  • 12 Energy - Spiritcrush
  • 16 Energy - Scorchrazor

Revenant starts with 50 Energy. Resets to 50 (or 75 with Trait) on Legend swap. Core Revenant can regain 25 Energy for free. I feel like the Utility, F and Weapon skills combined are a bit too much for the starting pool of 50 Energy without any reliable way to regain Energy during combat.Using 30+ Energy skills leaves Revenant most likely unable to use the rest of its kit.

Meanwhile Adrenaline is a resource that rewards the Warrior for being in combat. Initiatives allow Thief to have no CD on weapon skills and Necromancer's Shroud opens a whole new skillset rewarding Necro for being in combat.

Just wanted to highlight it.

@Drennon.7190 said:I think the energy system is broken. Remove it, change cool downs, and make energy a herald only resource that’s used just for facets.

Yeah, make the Revenant equal to the Guardian and the Warrior, minus the versatility selecting dozens of different skill loadouts and a deep arsenal of weapons.

Sorry but no. If all, should the cooldown timers the ones which sould be removed.

@Buran.3796 said:

@"Drennon.7190" said:I think the energy system is broken. Remove it, change cool downs, and make energy a herald only resource that’s used just for facets.

Yeah, make the Revenant equal to the Guardian and the Warrior, minus the versatility selecting dozens of different skill loadouts and a deep arsenal of weapons.

Sorry but no. If all, should the cooldown timers the ones which sould be removed.

Exactly.Energy was meant to be a Pseudo cooldown system for Revenants.

Now it's just double limitation for no other reason than "omg spam op"

What we need right now is :

• Cooldowns for weapons, Energy cost removed.
  • Utilities can cost 35~40 Energy at max but no cooldowns at all.

This highlight doesn't put any perspective in practice, Revenant plays way differently than I see most do attempt to. I disagree with having any changes to the energy.

The class honestly feel OP with an actual skill ceiling to it that even when not properly played other classes can struggle to keep up with it, if perfectly played the thing is damn near unstoppable even on glassy stats in a 1v1 and can survive assault of 1v3 with ease given it has been properly used.

Every single skills of the profession have a strong asset that justify their cost very well to keep balance in place, especially Jade Wind at a full 50%, it's quite easy to exploit if you know what you're doing. Honestly, there's a lot that people miss playing Revenant and it makes me quite sad as it is obvious. I know from it because any mirror fight I have shows an absolute lack of innovation in the approach to assault me. Big no wonder Herald is still popular as it works very similarly to all the other classes.

@Shao.7236 said:This highlight doesn't put any perspective in practice, Revenant plays way differently than I see most do attempt to. I disagree with having any changes to the energy.

The class honestly feel OP with an actual skill ceiling to it that even when not properly played other classes can struggle to keep up with it, if perfectly played the thing is kitten near unstoppable even on glassy stats in a 1v1 and can survive assault of 1v3 with ease given it has been properly used.

Every single skills of the profession have a strong asset that justify their cost very well to keep balance in place, especially Jade Wind at a full 50%, it's quite easy to exploit if you know what you're doing. Honestly, there's a lot that people miss playing Revenant and it makes me quite sad as it is obvious. I know from it because any mirror fight I have shows an absolute lack of innovation in the approach to assault me. Big no wonder Herald is still popular as it works very similarly to all the other classes.

I don't mind a skill ceiling, and actually encourage it, but the skill floor is too high when compared to other professions. Like thief and ele for example have very high skill ceilings, but they are both able to be played aight by newer players. Like thief has condi/stealth build to help players learn the class and ele tends to be a bit forgiving as well while still maintaining the ability to have very skilled players make clowns of everybody else.

@jpsssss.7530 said:

@Shao.7236 said:This highlight doesn't put any perspective in practice, Revenant plays way differently than I see most do attempt to. I disagree with having any changes to the energy.

The class honestly feel OP with an actual skill ceiling to it that even when not properly played other classes can struggle to keep up with it, if perfectly played the thing is kitten near unstoppable even on glassy stats in a 1v1 and can survive assault of 1v3 with ease given it has been properly used.

I don't mind a skill ceiling, and actually encourage it, but the skill floor is too high when compared to other professions. Like thief and ele for example have very high skill ceilings, but they are both able to be played aight by newer players. Like thief has condi/stealth build to help players learn the class and ele tends to be a bit forgiving as well while still maintaining the ability to have very skilled players make clowns of everybody else.

I disagree on Rev's skill floor being too high for newer players. You can get pretty far on Rev just by building properly and knowing how to be in the right place at the right time. Even if you end up auto attacking the air half the time because you're not very mechanically efficient, so long as you can get a few of those hits to land, Rev has enough pressure that you can turn fights in your favor.

I'm speaking from experience here as someone who is relatively new to the game. I was initially afraid of picking up rev due to its reputation of being for skilled players only, but I was pleasantly surprised at how far I was able to go with it. Both power and Condi builds.

If we're talking PvE, Power Herald has one of the lowest skill floors. Its rotation is very simple. Great for newer players who want something easy that can allow them to focus more on mechanics. You simply pop your facets Stregnth -> Elemental blast --> Chaos. Press 5,4,2, wait til stregnth and ele blast are back, press them again... then swap to shiro, put on impossible odds and spam the heck out of 1, and press 2 off cooldown. Repeat.

I will say this, good keybinds are a must if you want to play herald because you will be popping facets very quickly. I suggest finding keys for your utilities that are easily accessible and able to be hit in quick succession.

Again, new-ish player here and I was able to learn this rotation well enough to top dps charts in about a day. Mind you, my guild is also relatively inexperienced so take that as you will.

@ollbirtan.2915 said:

If we're talking PvE, Power Herald has one of the lowest skill floors. Its rotation is very simple.

Herald is nowhere near being viable in pve group content so maybe it's a trade off. -shrugs-

It's viable. 33-34k dps will get you boss clears, even if a DH would get the same clear a minute or so quicker. If you're running double chrono over alacrigade, the effective value can make it worth picking over DH due to assassins presence. In pug groups where druids aren't maintaining perma 25 might and fury, they help with up time while also providing perma prot (your eles will thank you) and very strong breakbar damage.