Assassin signet fix

Psycoprophet.8107

I mean what is it hitting for when sig is popped. I average 4-5k on full power and around 3.5k on DD/trick/SA with sig popped.In wvw and in conquest it seems so ineffective now against the sustain of a lot of the classes to the point almost seems not worth setting up for anymore. That's good change for the majority of the games population so I guess was good fix.

It adds like a thousand damage in most cases. I run an old-school zerk/valk build still for maximum damage since I've played DA/CS/Tr for years. At around 3800 power and 241 crit damage, backstab's hitting like 10k on squishier targets and as low as 6k on more durable ones. Considering most people have about 20k HP minimum these days, it's okay, but not stellar. Extra damage modifiers would be nice, but the flat power kinda sucks for builds that already have a lot of it.

Really not that amazing to be honest. I've run it for years and am honestly considering swapping out of it because of how pointless the extra damage seems to be. Odds are I'm going to need more resources and initiative regardless of whether or not I use it, so I might as well just run RFI for initiative or another cleanse. Hell, I'm even thinking of dropping DA entirely for more fuel. Without huge burst, these kinds of builds have no upside.

I'd say probably only worthwhile on D/P DrD or DE, and even then, pretty questionable.

@DeceiverX.8361 said:It adds like a thousand damage in most cases. I run an old-school zerk/valk build still for maximum damage since I've played DA/CS/Tr for years. At around 3800 power and 241 crit damage, backstab's hitting like 10k on squishier targets and as low as 6k on more durable ones. Considering most people have about 20k HP minimum these days, it's okay, but not stellar. Extra damage modifiers would be nice, but the flat power kinda sucks for builds that already have a lot of it.

Really not that amazing to be honest. I've run it for years and am honestly considering swapping out of it because of how pointless the extra damage seems to be. Odds are I'm going to need more resources and initiative regardless of whether or not I use it, so I might as well just run RFI for initiative or another cleanse. Hell, I'm even thinking of dropping DA entirely for more fuel. Without huge burst, these kinds of builds have no upside.

I'd say probably only worthwhile on D/P DrD or DE, and even then, pretty questionable.

Honestly I've not bothered with super high spike builds since the patch. My current build is a DE tank build, on the logic that if it takes more than two passes to down most targets it makes more sense to build for the sustain than it does to try to squeeze a little extra damage out while still taking two passes to kill anything. Since the patch lowered incoming damage overall it works pretty well, that might be a reflection on the meta also being tanky as much as anything tho.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:I mean what is it hitting for when sig is popped. I average 4-5k on full power and around 3.5k on DD/trick/SA with sig popped.In wvw and in conquest it seems so ineffective now against the sustain of a lot of the classes to the point almost seems not worth setting up for anymore. That's good change for the majority of the games population so I guess was good fix.

Ah, with you. In WvW when I tried D/P DD I've been getting as high if not higher damage with heartseeker spam than I have with backstab, which is kinda sad. I remember hitting a mesmer for around 8k with backstab, but the follow up heartseeker did 9-10k if I remember right.

@rbbthole.9074 said:I still need to understand what kind of fix was done with assassin signet.

The old functionality of the signet was that it increased the damage of your next 5 attacks by 15% when activated and nothing else. At some point, they changed it so it no longer did that and instead it increased your power by 540 for 5 seconds instead instead. They never removed the old functionality and you gained the +15% damage for your next 5 hits with it.

It's now been fixed and just gives you the power.

@Jugglemonkey.8741 said:

@DeceiverX.8361 said:It adds like a thousand damage in most cases. I run an old-school zerk/valk build still for maximum damage since I've played DA/CS/Tr for years. At around 3800 power and 241 crit damage, backstab's hitting like 10k on squishier targets and as low as 6k on more durable ones. Considering most people have about 20k HP minimum these days, it's okay, but not stellar. Extra damage modifiers would be nice, but the flat power kinda sucks for builds that already have a lot of it.

Honestly I've not bothered with super high spike builds since the patch
. My current build is a DE tank build, on the logic that if it takes more than two passes to down most targets it makes more sense to build for the sustain than it does to try to squeeze a little extra damage out while still taking two passes to kill anything. Since the patch lowered incoming damage overall it works pretty well, that might be a reflection on the meta also being tanky as much as anything tho.

In this patch I think a fluid sequence of skills thoroughly modded to compound whatever your build is doing is pretty much a spike if each action of the sequence is in service of the other. Right now I think my main sequence for trying to plow through a health bar fast in WvW at least is maybe 7 actions that each-perform their main task, whatever the skill or trait is doing on their own-lead into, activate the next, or put me into a state like stealth to roll into the next action-also popping off whatever mods are happening from traits, sigils, and whatever...pretty much every step of my sequence carries a life steal or siphon by way of interrupt, crit, stealth attack, etc.The whole thing rolls up into Quickness duration but sometimes I don't worry as much about Quickness or how fast it happens as the accuracy and making sure everything lands but within a pace so they not only get controlled but all of my stuff activates, and it's still pretty fast in terms of what their feeling on their end, even if I don't finish them off they're pressured into cooldowns.

Some people are just tanky af and good at the same time though, sometimes I know I'm not dropping that one and I just pack up my stuff before the rest of map queue shows up.

@kash.9213 said:

. My current build is a DE tank build, on the logic that if it takes more than two passes to down most targets it makes more sense to build for the sustain than it does to try to squeeze a little extra damage out while still taking two passes to kill anything. Since the patch lowered incoming damage overall it works pretty well, that might be a reflection on the meta also being tanky as much as anything tho.

In this patch I think a fluid sequence of skills thoroughly modded to compound whatever your build is doing is pretty much a spike if each action of the sequence is in service of the other. Right now I think my main sequence for trying to plow through a health bar fast in WvW at least is maybe 7 actions that each-perform their main task, whatever the skill or trait is doing on their own-lead into, activate the next, or put me into a state like stealth to roll into the next action-also popping off whatever mods are happening from traits, sigils, and whatever...pretty much every step of my sequence carries a life steal or siphon by way of interrupt, crit, stealth attack, etc.The whole thing rolls up into Quickness duration but sometimes I don't worry as much about Quickness or how fast it happens as the accuracy and making sure everything lands but within a pace so they not only get controlled but all of my stuff activates, and it's still pretty fast in terms of what their feeling on their end, even if I don't finish them off they're pressured into cooldowns.

Some people are just tanky af and good at the same time though, sometimes I know I'm not dropping that one and I just pack up my stuff before the rest of map queue shows up.

That sounds like the best approach for the games state right now BUT should not be the approach that a spike class should have to take even tho ur right and is how it is. A spike class that out plays another should be able to down it regardless of class but right now tanker classes arnt even threatened by any of thief's spikes except maybe some niche DE build cuz they know ur not gonna pressure them to much and that they can return equal damage back. That's so weird for a rogue like class built around spikes lol. I think anet or cal needs to decide what they want the thief playstyle to be cuz right now seems all over the place.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

That sounds like the beat approach for the games state right now BUT should not be the approach that a spike class should have to take even tho ur right and is how it is. A spike class that out plays another should be able to down it regardless of class but right now tanker classes arnt even threatened by any of thief's spikes except maybe some niche DE build cuz they know ur not gonna pressure them to much and that they can return equal damage back. That's so weird for a rogue like class built around spikes lol. I think anet or cal needs to decide what they want the thief playstyle to be cuz right now seems all over the place.

I agree, although most healthbars aren't much of a problem yet but people might gradually get tankier from this point on by patch design and those of us who should be spike class/builds might to have to get super gimmicky (which usually sends nerf shrapnel to more builds) until we're phased out or accept our risk to reward will plateau like other classes, except other classes were inherently built for that kind of fight so they can spend resources to overachieve where we will have to spend resources to simply achieve, regardless of the myth people have from their frustration that we have high reward to low risk.

@Bovan.9481 said:

@rbbthole.9074 said:I still need to understand what kind of fix was done with assassin signet.

The old functionality of the signet was that it increased the damage of your next 5 attacks by 15% when activated and nothing else. At some point, they changed it so it no longer did that and instead it increased your power by 540 for 5 seconds instead instead. They never removed the old functionality and you gained the +15% damage for your next 5 hits with it.

Which is funny, because I've been confused for years why the damage loss was so small compared to SoM+AS prior to its change with other damage mod losses, when on paper, it should have been as significant a loss as now.

@Bovan.9481 said:

I never even noticed that it was bugged that way. lol

@Bovan.9481 said:

Thanks for the info man