Last Hope for SAB

hugo.4705

The question was "Do you guys ever think about returning Scarlet in any form (spirit, clone etc)? I kinda miss this character (mostly thanks to Tara Strong VA performance)." the form doesn't matter; i consider that as used in stories moving forward, this isn't ls1 currently it's icebrood saga content showing ls1. But that's not the main topic, let's return to SAB.

If they add world 3 and world 4 it should be closer to what the world 1 is. The world 2 especially the pain cliffs are just too long. Whereas all the zones are a pretty one way forward, one main path to follow, the ninja level is more like a maze. The storm mountain is about verticality but too many teleporters.

@"hugo.4705" said:The question was "Do you guys ever think about returning Scarlet in any form (spirit, clone etc)? I kinda miss this character (mostly thanks to Tara Strong VA performance)."I'm still right, she has returned. Even if it's an instance re-added into the game, the character is back, the form doesn't matter. But that's not the main topic, let's return to SAB.

If they add world 3 and world 4 it should be closer to what the world 1 is. The world 2 especially the pain cliffs are just too long. Whereas all the zones are a pretty one way forward, one main path to follow, the ninja level is more like a maze. The storm mountain is about verticality but too many teleporters.From the answer:Disclaimer: we have no current plans to revisit Scarlet’s character. That stated, I think if we ever had the opportunity to rebuild portions of Season 1 we’d take a look at Scarlet’s characterization and try to find ways to align her more with her posthumous portrayal in Season 2They were already entertaining the idea of returning parts of season one. The question was still aimed at the character appearing in content post season 1.

But you are right, SAB... That ship has sailed, I think.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:As far as I can tell, SAB releases on the 31st.

SAB always goes live the last Thursday of March, not on Tuesdays. Did they change that? :/

@lare.5129 said:very hope that no any w3 come. We still can't complete w1 and w2, it is too cool and big.

Most SAB players completed those multiple times. I, for instance, did all levels a total of 96 times im Tribulation Mode for the respective achievements and infusions. It's not nice to wish for less content just because you have not caught up yet. ;)

@Vayne.8563 said:

@lokh.2695 said:SAB is abandoned content. ANet never looks back at things. As much as I'd like to see W3 and W4, it won't happen.

Yes for example, we'll never see Season 1 instances again...oh wait...

Season 1 is not abandoned content, it was fully finished. It was just a way to repackage it to be playable to people as it was more dynamic and less contained story within new maps. Half of the season 1 content was already in as fractals, minus story bits, The other bit of it is small chunks of areas where we did some events, it's still not the full context of season 1, but it is decently enough.

Abandoned content is stuff like tengu playable race, Dominion of Winds starter area, Polymock, cultural mini games.

SAB falls under this category, and Josh left the company within the past couple years, there was still plenty of time between when W1 and w2 came out until he had left to continue with the project, but it didn't happen.

@zityz.6089 said:

@lokh.2695 said:SAB is abandoned content. ANet never looks back at things. As much as I'd like to see W3 and W4, it won't happen.

Season 1 is not abandoned content, it was fully finished. It was just a way to repackage it to be playable to people as it was more dynamic and less contained story within new maps. Half of the season 1 content was already in as fractals, minus story bits, The other bit of it is small chunks of areas where we did some events, it's still not the full context of season 1, but it is decently enough.

Abandoned content is stuff like tengu playable race, Dominion of Winds starter area, Polymock, cultural mini games.

SAB falls under this category, and Josh left the company within the past couple years, there was still plenty of time between when W1 and w2 came out until he had left to continue with the project, but it didn't happen.

Stuff that was never actually implemented is not abandoned content. It has to be content before it becomes abandoned content.

In creative pursuits many ideas are discussed some are implemented. You can abandon something you've implemented. You can't really abandon something you haven't. Anet made the decision not to include Tengu, most likely for budget reasons. They're not in the game, therefore not abandoned. Not removing something that hints that they're there isn't the same thing.

Edit: While I don't ever believe we'll see more SAB than we have now, there are plenty of things people said we'd never see that are now here, including mounts and PoF. People also said we were never getting Cantha. Saying something is true doesn't make it true.

@"Vayne.8563" said:Yes for example, we'll never see Season 1 instances again...oh wait...You mean those 4 instances with a 5 minute "boss" fight apiece?You mean those instances that just released less than 2 weeks ago after years of players banging that drum?You mean those instances that you don't have access to until you own and/or complete the chapter?

I couldn't imagine what it's like being that cocky.

@XenoSpyro.1780 said:

@"Vayne.8563" said:Yes for example, we'll never see Season 1 instances again...oh wait...You mean those 4 instances with a 5 minute "boss" fight apiece?You mean those instances that just released less than 2 weeks ago after years of players banging that drum?You mean those instances that you don't have access to until you own and/or complete the chapter?

I couldn't imagine what it's like being that cocky.

Nothing to do with being Cocky. This portal has given us instances from Season 1, whatever the entrance requirement but some people said they'd never be back. They're factually back. You may not like the choice of instances, but that doesn't mean more aren't coming now that a portal exists.

@XenoSpyro.1780 said:

@Vayne.8563 said:Nothing to do with being Cocky.‎@Vayne.8563 said:...oh wait...

I know what I said, thanks. But you see, to me, I'm fighting fire with fire. Some people claim stuff as fact that is in completely fiction. People who claimed this game was in maintainence mode. People who claimed we'd never get another expansion. We heard this sort of thing over and over again. All the things that wouldn't happen. All the things that can't be done. All the (take your pick here) "broken promises", "abandoned content", "dead areas of the game". It's all just someone's opinion stated as fact.

People who say we're factually not getting world 3 of SAB dont' really know. They're guessing. And if they state their opinion as a guess all fine. But surely it's fair game to call people out when they're stating something as a fact that is in fact not a fact.

You can call that cocky if you like. I don't see it that way. It's pretty easy misintepret text, or attribute to it other emotions than those intended. I thought it was simply humor, nothing more. There was no offense intended. It was more of the pendulum swinging after enduring months of people banging on and on about stuff that turned out not to be true. You'd think people would stop doing it.

You can believe SAB won't be coming out with another upgrade. You can state it as a liklihood. And it may eventually even turn out to be right. What no one should do in good conscience is state it as a fact, unless you work for Anet and know it.

@sevenDEADLY.5281 said:

@"Randulf.7614" said:Todays announcement said they are working on it behind the scenes so it might be a year or two before we see the other worlds

Que? Where can I read said announcement?

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/101436/super-adventure-festival-2020

Paragraph in question:

This doesn't mean a new World is happening this year. There will be new secrets to find in the Box, a new meta achievement reward and a new set of weapons to collect – a different twist on the original set rather than the usual new color – but the doors to Worlds 3 and 4 will remain shut. However, we haven't given up on a larger addition to the Super Adventure Box, and even if it isn't this year or the next, we'll be chipping away at it behind the scenes. You may even see some new assets in the Box this year from outside the Worlds you know…

Non-committal of saying "hoping for World 3 by 2022" basically.

@sevenDEADLY.5281 said:

@"Randulf.7614" said:Todays announcement said they are working on it behind the scenes so it might be a year or two before we see the other worlds

Que? Where can I read said announcement?

Link attached and snippet from relevant paragraph below

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/101436/super-adventure-festival-2020

@Laevateinn.6289 said:This doesn't mean a new World is happening this year. There will be new secrets to find in the Box, a new meta achievement reward and a new set of weapons to collect – a different twist on the original set rather than the usual new color – but the doors to Worlds 3 and 4 will remain shut. However, we haven't given up on a larger addition to the Super Adventure Box, and even if it isn't this year or the next, we'll be chipping away at it behind the scenes. You may even see some new assets in the Box this year from outside the Worlds you know…

@Raizel.1839 said:

@"Randulf.7614" said:Maybe a feedback thread on what you would like to see might be better in a couple of weeks when the devs are in the office. Ill be surprised if any read the forums over this period

"Couple of weeks"....you're optimistic...

Yeah...my quote was from the Christmas break - long before the current situation

@Randulf.7614 said:

@Randulf.7614 said:Maybe a feedback thread on what you would like to see might be better in a couple of weeks when the devs are in the office. Ill be surprised if any read the forums over this period

"Couple of weeks"....you're optimistic...

Yeah...my quote was from the Christmas break - long before the current situation

Lol sorry, didn't notice the date :S

I proudly display my double moto infusions wherever I go. Occasionally I see players with the blue one, but rarely with both blue and red. I love that sweet, sweet smell of superiority. Nobody has commented on them yet even though I have had them for two years, but that's probably because they feel embarrassed to bother a superior platformer such as myself with their peasant-like attempts at conversation.

@nosleepdemon.1368 said:I proudly display my double moto infusions wherever I go. Occasionally I see players with the blue one, but rarely with both blue and red. I love that sweet, sweet smell of superiority. Nobody has commented on them yet even though I have had them for two years, but that's probably because they feel embarrassed to bother a superior platformer such as myself with their peasant-like attempts at conversation.

That or they can barely see them, which is a shame. I wish my two infusions has better effects.

@nosleepdemon.1368 said:I proudly display my double moto infusions wherever I go. Occasionally I see players with the blue one, but rarely with both blue and red. I love that sweet, sweet smell of superiority. Nobody has commented on them yet even though I have had them for two years, but that's probably because they feel embarrassed to bother a superior platformer such as myself with their peasant-like attempts at conversation.

I only wear mine if they match my outfit. Few of my looks have both blue and red. So I usually just end up wearing one or the other. But I assure you, I have both. :P