[WvW] A new weird build of mine + share your own fun builds

Shroud.2307

Engineer is the one class I play that I go absolutely wild with when creating builds, and I create a lot of them. 99% of them are objectively garbage in that they wouldn't stand a chance against a highly skilled player on a meta build, but I designed them with a purpose and to be good at that design. With most of them I need to rely on gimmicks or outsmarting my opponent(s), but that's a huge part of what makes it so fun for me. I don't mind if the builds I play are wonky and put me at a disadvantage as long as I'm enjoying it and feel like what I created worked out as I envisioned it would.

Anyway, I finally created a core Condition build I'm happy with. Some of the stats are still up for debate but the utilities and traits are as they should be.

Inventiteer (in-ven-shi-teer)

I made this for the purpose of being an attrition brawler with high cleanse, moderate sustain, moderate mobility and good lock down potential. After some playing with it I believe it achieves everything I want it to by being difficult to pin down, good at forcing cooldowns from people and having a high resistance to Conditions and Power damage.

I had to shake and dance to fit in to the pants but once I got comfortable it felt very natural. I've had a number of successful 1 v 1's and 1 v X and I spent about an hour today pestering some zergs being too mobile and durable for them to stop me.

Brief explanation of it's design:

• Streamlined Kits + Speed Runes for perma 66% movement speed
  • Mecha-Legs + Rocket Boots for high resistance to soft CC
  • Rocket Boots provide mobility for kiting and additional Burns from the Tool Belt. Great for combos with Water Fields and Smoke Fields ( CC'd = Smoke Field + RB -> Stealth )
  • Moderate amount of Protection from Inventions and other sources for good passive cleanse and damage reduction
  • 7 cleanses + 14 more from Tool Belt for a potential total of 21
  • Multiple ways to heal + a low cooldown heal on the Tool Belt allows for easy recovery when kiting

Negatives should be obvious. Somewhat low on Condition Duration, slow Condition application, 1 stun break, almost all combo options are slow and require distance, etc.

All that said, if you like it and decide to try it out, let me know if you enjoyed it! And as for the subject of the thread, share your own builds and tell me about them. I'd love to see what others are doing and why they enjoy what they play.

Its pretty much the build as it always has been, lol. I still prefer running with alchemy due to superior utilities in smallscale and 1vX outnumbered - invouln stomp, stealth and moa.

I'd put the stacking sigil on the non-primary p/p set, replacing the primary with bursting and cleansing (or cleansing and energy if you really want that).

@Dawdler.8521 said:Its pretty much the build as it always has been, lol. I still prefer running with alchemy due to superior utilities in smallscale and 1vX outnumbered - invouln stomp, stealth and moa.

I'd put the stacking sigil on the non-primary p/p set, replacing the primary with bursting and cleansing (or cleansing and energy if you really want that).

Oh? Others are using something similar?

Stacking sigils always feel like a waste on Engi to me because of not having a weapon swap. But in this case, because my Condition Damage is kind of on the low side, I thought it was necessary. A Bursting sigil is also a good option, I just find it, Malice and any Condition Duration sigils boring, but you are right.

I've actually been using Net Turret in place of Toolkit for a little bit and it's a pretty funny skill. 4sec Immob + stun, 3sec Immob and another 4sec Immob on Tool Belt, lol. Was having fun annoying people with it for a little bit but I don't think I'll keep using it just because Tool Kit obviously has a lot more value.

@"SpellOfIniquity.1780" said:

@Dawdler.8521 said:Its pretty much the build as it always has been, lol. I still prefer running with alchemy due to superior utilities in smallscale and 1vX outnumbered - invouln stomp, stealth and moa.

Oh? Others are using something similar?

Stacking sigils always feel like a waste on Engi to me because of not having a weapon swap. But in this case, because my Condition Damage is kind of on the low side, I thought it was necessary. A Bursting sigil is also a good option, I just find it, Malice and any Condition Duration sigils boring, but you are right.

If your character has 2 sets equipped between which you can swap when out of combat, and you have a stacking sigil on one of the sets, you keep the stacks even when not using this set, just like on other professions.