Fourth Elite Specialization "Minstrel" - Concept

Sodeni.6041

@Sodeni.6041 said:

@"Woltarion.6829" said:With this bard spec, I want that stuns make your ennemies dance, and some disco balls would also be fun

Forcing foes to dance is also something I considered recently! It would be really fun! If ArenaNet makes a music themed mesmer spec they have to make that reality :D

Maybe my proposed "sleep" status effect could force enemies into dancing for 5 seconds instead of making them fall asleep.

its what sona ultimate does in league of legends.its AoE stun, but for the stun duration all enemies are forced to dance!

skip to 0:10 was too lazy.its old vid ;p

@Sodeni.6041 said:

@"Woltarion.6829" said:With this bard spec, I want that stuns make your ennemies dance, and some disco balls would also be fun

Forcing foes to dance is also something I considered recently! It would be really fun! If ArenaNet makes a music themed mesmer spec they have to make that reality :D

Maybe my proposed "sleep" status effect could force enemies into dancing for 5 seconds instead of making them fall asleep.

its what sona ultimate does in league of legends.its AoE stun, but for the stun duration all enemies are forced to dance!

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

That would be so cool! Thanks for sharing it :D

I was thinking of ratchet and clank's groovitron ability:

imagine that in PvP, so hilarious!

@rabenpriester.7129 said:I don't get the point of these threads. Anybody care to explain? Do you really expect your concepts to be taken seriously or do you think you will influence the development of an expansion that isn't planned?

Yes.I hope the devs look at the forums and take inspiration from the community. It's obvious a lot of mesmers want a music themed elite spec so they could listen to their call. Also, it's fun coming up with these concepts!

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said:Both GW1's Dervish and Paragon were based on gwguru forum members threads similar to this one.Clones on gw2 mesmer were also based on gw2guru forums.Rifle on DE was done by popular demand.So yeah there is a chance ANerf is influenced by this and other threads.

Exactly, that's what I was thinking as well. Especially recently Anet communicates well with the community so it's even more likely they will take inspiration or wishes from the community.

@VDAC.2137 said:I think a music-themed spec would be cool, so long as it was done well and aesthetically pleasing, whatever buffs/boons/heals/auras/effects, if it’s fun to play, I would convert my chrono instantly! =)

That's the thing, Anet can do really fancy animations and aesthetics so a bard would most likely be really well implemented and look fancy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

@phokus.8934 said:Give me shortbow or a dagger that has 900u range.

I'd be okay with a dagger actually, however I think a shortbow would fit even better, we need a ranged elite spec addon for mesmer finally! Also, we haven't had a two-handed weapon for an elite spec yet so shortbow would be perfect in my opinion.

Don’t get me wrong, I like bards, but it’s amusing that, since Mesmer is garbage, the idea of ​​giving him a guitar and letting him sing songs on the edge of the battlefield sounds more effective then playing Core, Chrono or Mirage.

Beside that I personally don’t want to see another support spec for Mesmer. I think Chrono was a very original idea and kind of unique way to give Mesmers something like that (apart from the fact that Chrono is right now not playable) and they should try to work on it. Not destroying it to create a need for a better one. Addition to that I am scared that they will be lazy as always and just give a bard shout-skills as new skill category. Oh and the idea to play some sic guitar riffs while a 2m tall Charr is running to me with a even bigger great sword is not my thing. What will he do? Singing we will rock you while stomping me lmao

In the end, i for myself would be happy with any espec that would focus on aspekts like madness, suffering from the creations of your own mind, mind control or illness not related to disease like migraine. And I can’t tell you how much I want a new 2h weapon!

@PeLi.5498 said:Or maybe weapon kits like engi, but instruments

Weapon kits should never ever become features of elite specs.Engineer paid a heavy price to get access to them. Not just that engineer can't switch weapons in combat, but also the fact that engineer has the smallest weapon pool to chose from of all the classes in the game (just 3 possible weapon combinations for core engineer: rifle, pistol/pistol, pistol/shield).Then also the fact that core weapons of the engineer, compared to other classes, are pretty weak.

Other classes don't have all these restrictions, so they shouldn't get access to weapon kits.Conjured weapons or something like the tomes from firebrand, that I can imagine, since they are more limited by having a cooldown. But weapon kits should stay an engineer only feature.

@Senqu.8054 said:Beside that I personally don’t want to see another support spec for Mesmer. I think Chrono was a very original idea and kind of unique way to give Mesmers something like that (apart from the fact that Chrono is right now not playable) and they should try to work on it.I think another, different support spec would work really well. Chrono is more of a tank and about applying buffs (quickness, alacrity). A minstrel could be like the scourge: Two in one.

He could be a raw DPS spec or traited to become a heal spec. An actual healer for mesmer is something we lack, I'd love to have a healer with some special shouts and unique buffs maybe. I think the existence of the chrono doesn't mean we can't get another support spec.

@Sodeni.6041 said:

@Senqu.8054 said:Beside that I personally don’t want to see another support spec for Mesmer. I think Chrono was a very original idea and kind of unique way to give Mesmers something like that (apart from the fact that Chrono is right now not playable) and they should try to work on it.I think another, different support spec would work really well. Chrono is more of a tank and about applying buffs (quickness, alacrity). A minstrel could be like the scourge: Two in one.

He could be a raw DPS spec or traited to become a heal spec. An actual healer for mesmer is something we lack, I'd love to have a healer with some special shouts and unique buffs maybe. I think the existence of the chrono doesn't mean we can't get another support spec.

To be honest, I would prefer to see some more purpose for Chrono. What you described was chrono already, or was the purpose of him before all the nerfs. He was able to share more then quickness and alacrity, he was able to heal the group, heck if his wells wouldn’t be that shitty he could maybe do some decent aoe. But it got gutted and now people want the same thing but in green. I don’t see the reason why we should restrict a whole elite spec now to share only 2 boons just to make another espec from the same class desirable. This is Apple-like Marketing xD. Downgrade the existing products to create the need for new products.

@Sodeni.6041 said:

@Yoci.2481 said:We don't really need any new spec on any class. They should make work what we already have.

Uhm, no? The last expansion is 3 years (!!!) old. It is finally time for some new, fresh stuff, especially elite specs make the whole game really interesting again if you ask me.

I wont pay for new xpac untill they fix previous 2, thats borderline scamming

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@Yoci.2481 said:We don't really need any new spec on any class. They should make work what we already have.

Uhm, no? The last expansion is 3 years (!!!) old. It is finally time for some new, fresh stuff, especially elite specs make the whole game really interesting again if you ask me.

I wont pay for new xpac untill they fix previous 2, thats borderline scamming

While I agree that some elite specs (looking at you chrono...) needs serious rework, it won't get rid of the fact that this game needs something new and exciting for all classes. New skills, weapons, traits, etc. is what most people wish for from what I've heard.