Are dungeons required?

I want to unlock the gryphon as the skyscale is sort of out of my reach. this means I have to do the story of path of fire and all of that, but are dungeons required to be done at any point? in other games they stress me out and often result in countless negative interactions with people so I'd like to stay away.

If the Story is required for the Griffon, and Dungeons are not required for the Story, then Dungeons are not required for the Griffon.You can read exactly what is required here, in the Wiki (link above): https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Griffon_(mount)And here: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Path_of_Fire_story#Story (Use the hyperlinks to see what each Chapter entails.)

Good luck.

No dungeons are required to complete the Path of Fire story or to get the griffon. There actually aren't any dungeons in PoF, Anet were doing raids instead at that point and those are completely separate from the storyline.

Dungeons have their own storyline which goes alongside the personal story. If you don't play them then there will be some parts of the personal story that won't make much sense (although one of those is out of order now, because the level requirement was changed for the story and not for the dungeon), but that's the worst of it. You aren't required to play any of them. The level 80 personal story will send you to the Arah dungeon, but it's still a story instance and can be completed alone.

Or you can skip the entire personal story and just start on Path of Fire when you get to level 80.

I only remember one recent achievement that required to complete any path of Arah (I forgot which was). But yeah, in general dungeons can be completely ignored if you don't want to play with other people. They only provide skins, and the exotic gear can be bought from the trading post with less effort.EDIT: Ah, I think Arah was for a skin of the Mad King. Yeah, useless, just few AP.

@Urud.4925 said:I only remember one recent achievement that required to complete any path of Arah (I forgot which was). But yeah, in general dungeons can be completely ignored if you don't want to play with other people. They only provide skins, and the exotic gear can be bought from the trading post with less effort.EDIT: Ah, I think Arah was for a skin of the Mad King. Yeah, useless, just few AP.

Correct it was for a skin and some ap the other skin needed 1 path of ascalon catacombs.In my oppinion its good that they add new insentives to do old dungeons with skins and ap.To get old people back and maybe teach the new blood a thing or two about dungeon running.