are 1 shot meme builds ok

Imo, it simply comes down to principle. 1 shot builds are fundamentally broken because when they work (as in they pull off their combo without screwing it up) there is little to no counterplay. You can't dodge what you don't know is coming, that's called luck. That doesn't mean burst shouldn't exist or everything should be a bruiser, it just means that there is a threshold when dmg is too high for a short period and everything needs to be kept below that. You can argue that with condi or healing as well. At a certain point, the variable in question will become too high and there will be no counterplay to it outside of luck or overwhelm it with numbers.

In short, no. 1 shot memes are not okay from a game health standpoint.

i'm sure you could have loaded the answers a little bit more.but yeah, if i'm sitting on 11k hp with no escapes, stun breakers or condi clears, all so i can burst like a freaking nuclear bomb, i think that is a fair trade.and i'm sure the necros sitting on an effective 70k healthpool who can click their shroud skill twice to kill me will think its fair too.

one shot builds are fine if counterable and if they leave the person behind basically 90% vulnerable. Like if they blow their shot and fail then they are out in the wake of the sharks. This works mostly for thief who relies on initiative and long cooldowns, revs when in a burst build and lack defense, and ele's who are the squishiest who rely on speccing in complete defense if wanting to survive like other classes. Most other classes have massive amounts of innate defense in which it becomes overpowered to have strong burst but these classes have a full investment of their damage at the tradeoff of having few defenses. But I am not counting ele and rev's ability to also have extremely strong sustain, but they sacrifice a lot of spike damage to be able to survive in those circumstances.

In the current meta it still takes a fair amount of skill to "one-shot" anyone though. We have rampant area denial in almost every match between necros, dagger/focus eles and tempests, scrappers with relentless cc's littering a point, condi revs, and sometimes burn guards. Sure you can gank somebody on the way to a point but in most of the ranked games I've seen I wouldn't want to play anything that relied on a one-shot burst combo like power mes or soulbeast or whatever because it's just impractical. You either get blasted by area denial, constant cleave from pretty much everywhere, and condi galore.

Not to mention if you one shot too many times in a match the enemy team will likely start focusing you as a priority making you constantly fighting for survival instead of being a useful plus 1 like you intended.

I do think they're necessary however. With the bunker meta you need either need to all focus and cc certain builds or have one person capable of delivering enough burst to at least pressure them off the point.

And as far as rev goes, they do have a lot of sustain and damage but, at least to someone like me who isn't good at rev anyway, it takes a lot of skill and almost luck to actually "one shot" anyone. I think if anything you'd be mainly looking at core mes - which is kind of a one-trick pony and has very little cleanse and has to be timed just right for full effect, or soulbeast which is... what... longbow 4, longbow 2, merge with pet, teleport to them, maul and world breaker or whatever? I don't know. I don't play ranger. Other than some annoyingly tanky soulbeasts they don't really bother me. Core ranger is far worse if built for it, especially with the broken pet damage. I think an owl crit me for like a 7k swoop the other night. I mean, why? lmao

Oh, and deadeyes can be annoying but that's nothing new and they're generally useless in 5v5 anyway.