A Blood Legion Commander could conquer Tyria

WafflingMean.4351

I know this won't happen but I think it's interesting to think about it. If you are playing as a Charr in the Blood Legion, then as a soldier in the Blood Legion you could become Imperator. Think about it, Bangar said there is no greater force than the combined ranks of the Charr. And discounting the Elder Dragons, the scary thing is he's right. Also, Charr culture shows that if you kill your superior you can take their place. It's how your own character rose through the ranks and Bangar dared Rytlock to kill him and do the same. And with Bangar's attempts to unite the legions, there's already talk being thrown around about a new Khan-Ur. Through the events of 'Ghosts of Ascalon' the Claw of the Khan-Ur, a symbol of the unity of the Charr, and kind of a de-facto badge of office of the Khan-Ur was found. If the player character was to kill Bangar, become Imperator of the Blood Legion, then also retake full command of the pact as its Marshal (something that was offered to the Commander before, and Logan clearly is willing to follow the Commander's orders. He even said "I feel like I should be saluting you."), then claim they were the new Khan-Ur, all that would be left is for Smodur to hand the claw over. Flame Legion is in no position to object, Ash Legion doesn't have the brute force to overwhelm the full might of the Blood Legion and the Pact, and anyone else who decides to back the Commander, and so all that's left is the Iron Legion. And all the Charr would see the Charr Commander as a hero. And to top it all off, the Charr seem to be primarily under the impression that Aurene, an Elder Dragon, is at the Commander's beck and call. And even despite that not being true, the Crystal Bloom has also allied with the Pact. There's a good chance a large portion of the Iron Legion would turn on Smodur if he dared to object to the Commander becoming Khan-Ur. And bam, the largest army Tyria's ever seen would be formed.

Imperators are a lineage given rank, not one given by merit unlike all other ranks. You must be a descendant of the Khan-Ur to become an Imperator of any legion.

Occasionally, non-descendants of the Khan-Ur join the primus warband, taking the name of their leader as their own, as is Charr tradition. But the leader of the primus is always a descendant of the Khan-Ur, the foremost heir of the legion and their rightful inheritor of the crown of leadership among the Charr.https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/The_Ecology_of_the_Charr

I feel it would be weird for suddenly "charr characters are descended from the Khan-Ur!"

@"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:Imperators are a lineage given rank, not one given by merit unlike all other ranks. You must be a descendant of the Khan-Ur to become an Imperator of any legion.

Occasionally, non-descendants of the Khan-Ur join the primus warband, taking the name of their leader as their own, as is Charr tradition. But the leader of the primus is always a descendant of the Khan-Ur, the foremost heir of the legion and their rightful inheritor of the crown of leadership among the Charr.

I feel it would be weird for suddenly "charr characters are descended from the Khan-Ur!"

1) This could be dealt with by finding a letter that the rightful heir has asked for a temporary leave of absence... Also, from that quoted article I understood, that even the PC actually might be (or claim to be) a descendant as:

No Charr knows how many cubs the last Khan-Ur sired, but all four of the High Legions claim descendants from his line. Other heirs are suspected, and occasionally a smaller bloodline surfaces with claim—but none have made a successful bid.

2) The Commander has a dragon. Did the Khan-Ur have a dragon? ;)

If some racist Blood Legion Imperator was to try and conquer Tyria, Logan wouldn't let that happen, eve if it was one of his friends.While the pact was created to fight the Elder Dragons, it wouldn't stop at just that when a different threat occurs.

Bangar's talk about the combining Charr legions being unmatched was just that: PR talk to rouse young, gullible Charr spirits.Even all four legion combined wouldn't stand a chance against the combined force of Humans, Sylvari, Asura, the lesser races and the occasional Norn, trying to forge a legends be slaying their way through Charr warbands.Not that it'd possible to unite all Charrs under one blood-thirsty banner. Some of the Charr are simply to smart to fall for such idiocy.

I don't remember ever noticing that Charr can take up a position of the person they kill. But maybe someone more versed in charr culture can correct me.And as other people have already said, position of imperator is basically hereditary within biological descendants of Khan-Ur (fun fact of the day: Smodur and Bangar are cousins)

Maybe Rytlock is his cub, or the cub of one of the other imperators.Or Arenanet forgot all about the imperators being descendants of the Khan-Ur.Or maybe Arenanet is just removing that part of Charr culture as part of changing Charr laws.

They are willing to make Charr seem more human with those parents secretly checking the fahrars, which was mentioned in Grothmar.I wouldn't be surprised of the devs reduce other parts of their culture as well.

@Fueki.4753 said:Maybe Rytlock is his cub, or the cub of one of the other imperators.Or Arenanet forgot all about the imperators being descendants of the Khan-Ur.Or maybe Arenanet is just removing that part of Charr culture as part of changing Charr laws.

They are willing to make Charr seem more human with those parents secretly checking the fahrars, which was mentioned in Grothmar.I wouldn't be surprised of the devs reduce other parts of their culture as well.

It’s possible that originally under the Khan Ur, the imperators were the Khan Ur children and that has since changed to a position that can be obtained by other Charr.