Would you buy a Racial Outfit?

Bringing races into the game at this point is probably not going to happen.

A simple way to experience playing as a Quaggan, Dredge, Choya, Kodan, Skritt, or, yes, even a Tengu would be to make each of these races into an outfit.

While you wouldn't get the racial backstory or racial skills, you would still get the look.

So... basically more of these?

They only need to be applied when you log in, work in combat and will fit into your "toy" inventory.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/List_of_transformations_with_combat_skills

Infinite Watchknight TonicInfinite Watchknight Mk II Tonic--------------------------- > Endless Kodan Tonic <---------------------------------Endless Miniature TonicEndless Embiggening TonicEndless Awakened Archer TonicEndless Fury Combat TonicEndless Chaos Combat TonicEndless Shadow Warrior TonicEndless Olmakhan TonicEndless Smoke Shaman Tonic

I'd prefer them to do it properly or not at all. Even if you look at race purely as a cosmetic choice there's a lot that wouldn't be possible with an outfit or tonic. There would be no option to change your appearance (beyond 4 dye channels) or armour and no way to use any other outfits etc. Every single person who wants to be a tengu (for example) would have to look absolutely identical which would be disappointing.

Also a lot of what I like about different races is the lore and personality, none of which would come through if it's strictly a cosmetic choice and as far as NPCs in the game can tell you're still a norn or human or whatever. That alone kills most of my interest - 2 minutes to apply the tonic or outfit and see how they look, and then all the newnest is done and there's nothing remaining to distinguish them from my existing characters.

I would buy a Tengu outfit if it was the only option, but I'd be pretty disapointed about having no customization asides from dyes. A tonic would be even worse, because then there'd be no customization at all. Also it would annoy me to have npcs refer to me as a different race while I look like a Tengu, so I probably wouldn't do any story stuff on that character.

@Linken.6345 said:

@Linken.6345 said:Why outfit when you got tonics?

Personally, one of the main reasons I would like a new race is the huge increase in customization options. A tonic or outfit totally removes that so makes it worthless to me.

Yea but any outfit like the OP is talking about wouldent help you at all either.

Agreed. Both are bad to me.

@Game of Bones.8975 said:

@"Linken.6345" said:Why outfit when you got tonics?

I thought about that, but they have to be reapplied, limited duration, and take up space in your inventory.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/NoveltyNo space. No duration. One button activate/deactivate.

Welcome to Tyria, new friend!

In answer to the question: No. I think a tonic is a far better solution and, more importantly, already exists. All they'd need to do is make more.

I'd rather more racial specific armour & outfits VS being a new race-- the way Charr have been treated gave me PTSD towards anet adding a new race. It would just be overshadowed & unproperly designed for universal armors or outfits. It would have been better if outfits were unique to each race instead of only fitting properly on humans.It's like situation with SE & the Viera & Hrothgar races. They were added quickly into the new expac, but are incredibly unfinished. You can't even wear helmets or hats on these races & armors look terrible on them yet people are actually asking for another race even thought the viera & Hrothgar are 100% unfinished