855 dmg auto attack hiting for 7000 after countless nerfs and people still deny nerfs were needed?

georgessj.4198

@Fantasylife.7981 said:who cares about this when condition damage is just overall dominant no matter what you do.

Well ofc thats the obvious one and nobody can deny it but isnt it fascinating that this games critical hit is x7 and can reach x10 while EVERY SINGLE GAME ON THE PLANET makes critical hits x2 or 3 max? isnt it awesome that this damage occurs after 500 nerfs?

Life reap is the third (final) auto attack in shroud and these numbers require a zerker build with all possible damage modifiers as well as some might and vulnerability and a no-toughness build on the receiving side.. So you lost to a pve build (GZ!) that you (for some reason) let enter shroud and unload several melee auto attack chains on you.

Pro tip for you: when you are in shroud that life reap deals only 3.5k damage on your 28k hp no-toughness build. And where is your weakness application? Where is your protection? Where is your fear to kite him? Where are your dodges?

Everything on cooldown? Then don't you think that you got outplayed and he should be able to kill you with 3 whole shroud attack chains? How long should he need to attack a player that does nothing to defend himself until he finally dies?

100% a lack of skill and your rank (40) does also indicate you are quite new to the game and so the last person anet should listen to in terms of balancing.

@Tayga.3192 said:

@Fantasylife.7981 said:who cares about this when condition damage is just overall dominant no matter what you do.

2 good condi builds vs 7 good power builds

There are at least 4 good condi builds (core condi necro, Condi Rev, Burn Guardian and Fire Weaver). On the other hand, Im not sure what 7 power builds are supposed ot be good. Unless you count bunker builds that technically do power damage as power builds, which I wouldnt. Otherwise, you got Holo who is decent, some kinda Warrior and thief, and ... thats really it? Mind you the thief doesnt even matter in terms of what damage he does since his role is to decap and +1.

@UNOwen.7132 said:There are at least 4 good condi builds (core condi necro, Condi Rev, Burn Guardian and Fire Weaver).I only counted Condi Rev and Condi Mirage.

Unless you count bunker builds that technically do power damage as power builds,I do.

Otherwise, you got Holo who is decent, some kinda Warrior and thief, and ... thats really it? Mind you the thief doesnt even matter in terms of what damage he does since his role is to decap and +1.Role doesn't matter.

7 power builds:Warrior (both core and spellbreaker),Guardian (mender has 2 power stats btw and also core guard and DH are still viable),Ranger (better as power than condi),Thief (power thief > condi thief),Engineer (power holo > condi engineer),Necro (paladin > carrion for core and also power reaper > condi reaper),Ele (LR weaver or LR tempest > fire weaver).

Mind you I counted classes instead of builds. If I counted builds, there would be more condi and power builds but power still wins in the end.

@Tayga.3192 said:

@"UNOwen.7132" said:There are at least 4 good condi builds (core condi necro, Condi Rev, Burn Guardian and Fire Weaver).I only counted Condi Rev and Condi Mirage.

Condi Mirage is actually not that high up. Its "ok".

Unless you count bunker builds that
technically
do power damage as power builds,I do.

Which is padding the numbers. Bunker builds using healing power (to, well, heal) have no choice but to use power. There is no 1050 healing power Condi amulet. The closest is Sage, but even that one is suboptimal since it foregoes precision as well, which some condi builds need. That doesnt change the fact that these builds do minimal damage, and arent picked for their damage.

Otherwise, you got Holo who is decent, some kinda Warrior and thief, and ... thats really it? Mind you the thief doesnt even matter in terms of what damage he does since his role is to decap and +1.Role doesn't matter.

Arguably it does. Frankly, thief is going to be good no matter what, as long as they have shortbow 5 and know how to use it.

7 power builds:Warrior (both core and spellbreaker),Guardian (mender has 2 power stats btw and also core guard and DH are still viable),Ranger (better as power than condi),Thief (power thief > condi thief),Engineer (power holo > condi engineer),Necro (paladin > carrion for core and also power reaper > condi reaper),Ele (LR weaver or LR tempest > fire weaver).

Precision is also a condi stat with how many on-crit condi procs there are. Anyway, Mender doesnt count because, as said above, no condi option exists. Also, DH isnt good, and while Core Guard is good, its good as a burn build. The power version is much worse. That being said, Im not even sure power ranger is better than condi ranger rn, given that condi immob spam ranger seems to be the better option currently. Condi necro is better right now than power necro (Carrion is actually better than Paladin) and as for Reaper, sure, but Reaper isnt good. Fire Weaver is much better than Lightning Rod Weaver. Or Lightning Rod Tempest. The only other option is Mender's Weaver, and again, same thing as above, no real option.

Mind you I counted classes instead of builds. If I counted builds, there would be more condi and power builds but power still wins in the end.

It loses even if you dont look at builds, it loses even worse if you do.

@UNOwen.7132

Well let's just agree to disagree.

To me, even condi rev isn't that good, since I can fight high level (like p2 to leg with rev in last conquest season, the build I play was weaker prepatch) people 1v1 with equal chances.

I also never had any problem with carrion necro or burn weaver/guard.Also p3-leg duo (bulit's team) played core power guard + LR weaver in 2v2 season (ok this is not 5v5 but the point holds).

Maybe I just don't know how to fight power builds or your thief is bad vs condi builds. Mesmer main btw.

@Tayga.3192 said:@UNOwen.7132

Well let's just agree to disagree.

To me, even condi rev isn't that good, since I can fight high level (like p2 to leg with rev in last conquest season, the build I play was weaker prepatch) people 1v1 with equal chances.

I also never had any problem with carrion necro or burn weaver/guard.Also p3-leg duo (bulit's team) played core power guard + LR weaver in 2v2 season (ok this is not 5v5 but the point holds).

Maybe I just don't know how to fight power builds or your thief is bad vs condi builds. Mesmer main btw.

I dont play thief. I play Engineer. Yeah Thief would be bad vs condi, but you dont really fight even fights on thief anyway. But as an Engineer, even with an abundance of condi clears including Elixir C, Condi builds are still much more of a problem than power builds are. Not unbeatable. But Ill take a power build opponent over a condi one any day of the week.

@KrHome.1920 said:Life reap is the third (final) auto attack in shroud and these numbers require a zerker build with all possible damage modifiers as well as some might and vulnerability and a no-toughness build on the receiving side.. So you lost to a pve build (GZ!) that you (for some reason) let enter shroud and unload several melee auto attack chains on you.

Pro tip for you: when you are in shroud that life reap deals only 3.5k damage on your 28k hp no-toughness build. And where is your weakness application? Where is your protection? Where is your fear to kite him? Where are your dodges?

Everything on cooldown? Then don't you think that you got outplayed and he should be able to kill you with 3 whole shroud attack chains? How long should he need to attack a player that does nothing to defend himself until he finally dies?

100% a lack of skill and your rank (40) does also indicate you are quite new to the game and so the last person anet should listen to in terms of balancing.

Did you just type that after all these nerfs i should die in 3 rapid hits?? what should have hapened to me then before all the nerfs???? an auto message that i died while im in queue???? Pro tip when you wana troll someone dont over do it cause you make it obvious. Now aside from your failed attempt....... Sure you can use all the imagination that you have and make scenarios that he had 100 might stacks while i had 100 vulnerability stacks, you can lie to people that dont know any better that the imaginary thing called toughness even exists in the pvp aspect of this game, you can also < decide > there is a lack of skill because......you say soOR you can save your fake elitism complex for the experts that can help you with it and let arena do their perfect so far job with nerfs especially the one that balances mesmer.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:I might have a dejavu but didnt you complain about the same thing like 4 months ago? or was it someone else?basicly got run down by reaper holding m1 and complained about InSaNe DaMaGe

Its kinda hard to make a post 4 months ago about how necessary the last months nerfs were brother. Now about reaper damage theres got to be at least 300 different posts in the previous pages so.......