New types of Boons/Conditions with Expansion?

Hi everyone, I was just thinking about the possibility of new boons or conditions that could be added to the game for flavor and gameplay. I know it's a tall order for balance and probably unlikely, but speculation is fun. What are some ideas for new boons or conditions that would be cool to play around with?

I have an idea for a condition that could make bleeding more interesting. It's called "hemorrhage" and the basic idea is that it interacts with bleeding to produce spikes of damage. Hemorrhage only stacks duration, not intensity. It doesn't do any damage initially. In order for hemorrhage to deal damage, you need at least 10 stacks of bleeding on the target. If you maintain hemorrhage for 10 seconds, and the target has at least 10 stacks of bleeding, then hemorrhage will deal a spike of damage equal to the bleed stacks. So hemorrhage only deals damage once every 10 seconds, and if you cleanse it off, then it deals no damage at all. However, if left untreated, hemorrhage will hurt a lot in the long run.

I know it's a really rough idea, but I've always wanted to find a way to make bleeding more interesting, and I took some inspiration from the way bleeding works in dark souls. Anyway, does anyone have some ideas, or is gw2 completely finished developing new mechanics like this?

Oh man, I think we should cut the amount of boons and conditions in game. Firebrand, Mallyx Rev or Condi Necro are the perfect examples.

If boons and conditions were more profession-oriented, then I think it would be a perfect opportunity for new ones. Currently all classess have access to almost every boon and condition in the game and this makes it pretty hard to balance from a PvP / WvW perspective.

But I really like the concept.

Could be interesting to get some more unique conditions and boons. Some ideas:

• condition that prevents boons to work (basically the opposite of resistance, resistance should have priority)
  • condition that prevents other conditions from ticking down while still applying their effect (should be really short and limited)

They need to add in auras for all field types even water needs it own aura type. It would be nice to see an earth field.

I am not sure if you need more boon types unless they make resistant a counter to soft cc only and add in a protection for condi dmg.

As for condis i would love to see a your boons duration is cut or your boon duration ticks faster making the boons not last as long on players. Something for classes who do not have boon strip.

@sokeenoppa.5384 said:

@"Cuks.8241" said:More? Less would be better. And less access to them. Now I press 2 buttons and apply all possible condies.

ALL condis? As in every single one? In two button presses? Sorry, but I have to call bs on that.

You are correct. With 1 press you can apply all exept alacrity.

That's a boon, not a condi. Either way, what builds are you guys using to give you "all" of the effects in less then three button presses? I still call bs by the way.

@Uden Reavstone.3426 said:

@"Cuks.8241" said:More? Less would be better. And less access to them. Now I press 2 buttons and apply all possible condies.

ALL condis? As in every single one? In two button presses? Sorry, but I have to call bs on that.

That's a boon, not a condi. Either way, what builds are you guys using to give you "all" of the effects in less then three button presses? I still call bs by the way.

Sorry I tried to be funny but turned out that I was retarded instead ? should notnread forum when tired.Aynyways was talking about boon thief in raids spamming this skill: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Detonate_Plasma

Or thief in general with this skill https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Consume_Plasma

@sokeenoppa.5384 said:

Sorry I tried to be funny but turned out that I was kitten instead ? should notnread forum when tired.Aynyways was talking about boon thief in raids spamming this skill:

Or thief in general with this skill

I forgot about that skill.

@"Kodama.6453" said:Could be interesting to get some more unique conditions and boons. Some ideas:

• condition that prevents boons to work (basically the opposite of resistance, resistance should have priority)
  • condition that prevents other conditions from ticking down while still applying their effect (should be really short and limited)

I like your ideas. "Disease" can be the reverse Resistance condition. I don't think the condition extender should be a condition, rather it should be an instantaneous effect that adds 2 seconds to all conditions on the target. There are several mechanics in the game already that add a few seconds to all boons, so the condition version should mirror this.

@"Xenon.4537" said:Hi everyone, I was just thinking about the possibility of new boons or conditions that could be added to the game for flavor and gameplay. I know it's a tall order for balance and probably unlikely, but speculation is fun. What are some ideas for new boons or conditions that would be cool to play around with?

I have an idea for a condition that could make bleeding more interesting. It's called "hemorrhage" and the basic idea is that it interacts with bleeding to produce spikes of damage. Hemorrhage only stacks duration, not intensity. It doesn't do any damage initially. In order for hemorrhage to deal damage, you need at least 10 stacks of bleeding on the target. If you maintain hemorrhage for 10 seconds, and the target has at least 10 stacks of bleeding, then hemorrhage will deal a spike of damage equal to the bleed stacks. So hemorrhage only deals damage once every 10 seconds, and if you cleanse it off, then it deals no damage at all. However, if left untreated, hemorrhage will hurt a lot in the long run.

I know it's a really rough idea, but I've always wanted to find a way to make bleeding more interesting, and I took some inspiration from the way bleeding works in dark souls. Anyway, does anyone have some ideas, or is gw2 completely finished developing new mechanics like this?

LOL

@Jski.6180 said:It would be nice to see an earth field.

Earth field doesn't make sense. The earth you walk on is already an earth field. Fields add intractable magic on top of the earth.

What would an earth field look like? A pile of sand or an area with floating rocks? A dusty/sandy spot would practically be a smoke field. What would happen if someone spun around or shot an arrow through said earth field? It seems like the floating rocks would block your arrows or knock you in the head during a leap rather than become part of your attack. There is also no reasonable way to combo into an earth field to generate a magnetic aura. Would I stomp so hard in on stone shards that it would generate a gravitational force?

Well smoke is very different then dust and there a few dust field that have an earth "magic" to them easy filling that earth field that missing form the game. Earth IS a magic type in this game but for some reason it was never given a field but it was given every thing else.

All blast combo should be aoe support healing boons and clears leaps should be aura so adding in a smoke/shadow aura and a poison aura would fit well. So an earth field would be a protection blast and earth aura leap projectile would be a bleed and a whirl should be a cripal.