World Linking 3/27/2020

Cal Cohen.2358

Very good move with restoring the 5th tier, it was no fun waiting in queue for 40 minutes to get 15 man guild on one border, then having a dc and be forced to wait again. Finally there will be chances to find a map with no omniblob karma training stuff and looking for "fights".

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Jilora.9524 said:

I mean well see. Yeah AR could tank a bit to stay outta t1 but GoM is all havok guilds who jump solos as far as I remember. NSP got a bump in hours from being in T1 but no way we stay any where near T1 but hey hopefully you are right

idk, my friends on AR are telling me they don't care what their they're in as long as it's not 1, my only reason for think NSP could still be T1 is b/c they're a strong ppt combo with GoM. But hey, if not then it looks like either BG or SoS will be FA's bag farm for the next two months, cause no one else is looking particularly stronger than before.

I'm sure the folks that band wagonned to SBI to bloat FA will band wagon off to do that again. Sorry FC, T4 here we come! I've been a proponent of doing the links more frequently to mitigate this. There are always a handful of servers, usually the ones who go from link to primary (and their link), that get hosed for a few months.

Even better if alliances can get here and see how much that helps.

Why back to 5 Tiers? Honestly is Anet trolling us? What a stupid decision... They rly dont care about this game. If decision making is on the same level for the new expansion, it will be an historic failure.

Had so much fun. Yeh queuea were there but at least there was action. With a bad relink ppl can logoff for the next 2 month.

My guess is SBI will be bandwagoned. Indo and Dods are on SBI. They could become the new #1 server if they stay there and people bandwagon it. BG definitely wont be #1 with Ioj, and FA has ebay which has no good kdr or ppt, so they won't be #1 either. The only servers who have true potential (with bandwagon) is SBI, Borlis Pass or NSP. Again, my assumption will be SBI as #1. They carried FA this recent links

You have to take into consideration who has ppt and has good fighters at the same time. Every single relink people bandwagon and stack servers so the population you see NOW, is going to change. Seeing how Dods did come back, and Indo has been playing more frequently with his guild he made, it just makes total sense for people to go there.

Just wish the whole Bandwagon thing wasn't a thing, it's just tiring destroying servers by leaving them and then stacking servers just to be #1. Is it really THAT FUN, to be unbeatable because of the fact you stack it?

Can you explain why Desolation loses their link and WSR keep theirs, this is what the current war score is https://prnt.sc/ro24t9 and looks like in most matchups WSR plays, why do they get to have a link when they clearly have the most experienced fighting players. Not only do they have a linked server that people can bandwagon to but their server does not even have full status like desolation does. People are leaving Desolation in droves and because its got full status people can leave but not join.

Maybe you should care more about balanced matchups rather then artifically push unbalanced matchups to promote bandwagoning so you can make $$$.

@"Fisheye.9147" said:Can you explain why Desolation loses their link and WSR keep theirs, this is what the current war score is https://prnt.sc/ro24t9 and looks like in most matchups WSR plays, why do they get to have a link when they clearly have the most experienced fighting players. Not only do they have a linked server that people can bandwagon to but their server does not even have full status like desolation does. People are leaving Desolation in droves and because its got full status people can leave but not join.

Maybe you should care more about balanced matchups rather then artifically push unbalanced matchups to promote bandwagoning so you can make $$$.

Desolation has more population than WSR, and it has been stuck t1 for ages, while WSR wasn't. Also deso is a ppt server while WSR has always had huge ratios when it comes to k/d, but its ppt is weak so showing the k/d stat is not really meaningful, it doesn't always win a match up for wsr while the ppt do win the matchup for desolation not most of the time but all of the time

edit : if your complain is that desolation is going to loose it's first matchup in ages then all i have to say is good job arenanet, unironically

@"Fisheye.9147" said:Can you explain why Desolation loses their link and WSR keep theirs, this is what the current war score is https://prnt.sc/ro24t9 and looks like in most matchups WSR plays, why do they get to have a link when they clearly have the most experienced fighting players. Not only do they have a linked server that people can bandwagon to but their server does not even have full status like desolation does. People are leaving Desolation in droves and because its got full status people can leave but not join.

most of deso vets don't want a link riba made a forum post about that they were hard stuck t1 they want to be free https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/100328/desolation-no-link-good-desolation-link-bad#latest

We were in T1 for 5 months and winning the majority of Matchups by 90+ points, besides this past week.So we either get a less populated link, which may become a bandwagon or someone else becomes the bandwagon.

Either way, bringing back another Tier was a bad idea, Tier 4, although SFR and JS were mainly stuck there. I'm sure they had plenty of action, T5 won't be nearly as active. Piken seems to have dropped activity massively already and Gandara are apparently a T4 server too, but Deso is probably not going to have coverage to stay Perma T1 for once.

@Jilora.9524 said:Why do you decide who stays in t1 by giving them hefty links then banish others to t4

Those who like to stay in T1, ANet expect you to spend some $$ to buy gems and transfer to T1's linked World every two months. That's why. A while back, I used to do that but because this happens too often and with the constant high handed nerfs, I stopped playing.

really bad choice to bring back 5 tiers. unnecessary as hell.

besides, the matching overall is weird af. okay, steal us the link, but why do new combinations not start off in the last tier? Desolation just lost several guilds some weeks ago, the new players now have to play this garbage.

3 hours fight over garri aren't fun... this horrible balance patch brought the worst meta possible to fight undernumbers

A roadmap for WvW is needed. Relink is simply not a solution. We need a solution for the lags. We need healthy communities again (EN - DE - FR - SP). We don't need servers on "Medium Population". We need a refresh of the maps. We need a perspective for 2020 and 2021. Visit the remaining communities in the TS / Discord and let's find a common solution. You're welcome!

Why is the reason for not giving Piken a link? do you not like the server in over a year we have had 1 link. we struggle in tier 4/5 until we had a link yes we are a full server but 95% is PVE, our WVW team is minimal at the best of times but you know this. Why do other servers always get a link who have a high population. Give me a valid reason to why we keep not getting a link. Also lots will be leaving over next 8 weeks had enough of this bull-sh1t

@apoko.5246 said:Why is the reason for not giving Piken a link? do you not like the server in over a year we have had 1 link. we struggle in tier 4/5 until we had a link yes we are a full server but 95% is PVE, our WVW team is minimal at the best of times but you know this. Why do other servers always get a link who have a high population. Give me a valid reason to why we keep not getting a link. Also lots will be leaving over next 8 weeks had enough of this bull-kitten

Because you stack. You were full no link everyone left. So many left you dropped down to medium. Then you were medium and got a link. What did you do? You all transferred back and loaded up the link to play in T1/T2. You put so many hours in so again you became full and were top 3 in hours so no link. Stop playing innocent. It's just like BG in NA. Any time there is a link added you both get to play in T1/T2 because you constantly abuse the system. So leave just like last time and come back in 7 weeks when you med with a link again

Anet can't do much about WSR until alliances come out. It was originally empty server, bottom of the barrel, which got filled by transfers (WvW veterans) and has very very few people who only play WvW as 2ndary gamemode and even fewer of those who started on WSR. Truthfully Deso has 0.8 KDR against them (80 kills/100 deaths) right now which isn't that bad against a stacked server like theirs.

Now Desolation has some adaptation to do to get used to not winning every matchup by 100+ points which might take a few weeks to do so, but I am quite sure we will manage it.

@MELORD.5013 said:

@"Fisheye.9147" said:Can you explain why Desolation loses their link and WSR keep theirs, this is what the current war score is
and looks like in most matchups WSR plays, why do they get to have a link when they clearly have the most experienced fighting players. Not only do they have a linked server that people can bandwagon to but their server does not even have full status like desolation does. People are leaving Desolation in droves and because its got full status people can leave but not join.

most of deso vets don't want a link riba made a forum post about that they were hard stuck t1 they want to be free

The thread wasn't about being stuck in rank 1, it was about no effort being required to do so just because sheer amount of players regardless of linking. Even if deso drops tier 2 or 3, it is actually healthier for the gamemode.