Bring Infuse Light in line

Eugchriss.2046

IL good vs condi? Conditions last 3sec? The power rev has little cleanliness, little breakstun (is the only class in the game that is punished for breakstun) and IL is strong vs condi? If the conditions only lasted 3 sec instead of 10+ and 8/10 different types + spam and the spam cc was not in the current state I would NOT tell the rev that I killed you GG.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Chungo.3169 said:IL good vs condi? Conditions last 3sec? The power rev has little cleanliness, little breakstun (is the only class in the game that is punished for breakstun) and IL is strong vs condi? If the conditions only lasted 3 sec instead of 10+ and 8/10 different types + spam and the spam cc was not in the current state I would NOT tell the rev that I killed you GG.

The most damaging condi is burning. Almost all burning have 4s duration or less. IL negates all but a single sec of that and full heals on most numbers of burning stacks.

Also, because of IL's reverse damage, a 6s condi at the time of IL's cast is going to be effectively 0 damage.

Also, almost no condition is 10s+. A few abilities can apply bleeding >10s, but everything else has been significantly nerfed. No expertise stats and nerfed runes means condition durations don't go up a whole lot more. Condi rev can also use rune of oor which is -25% incoming duration.

Even if condi durations are >3s, IL is a FULL HEAL 3s INVULN vs condi. How is that a remotely balanced. Compare to consume conditions, again. Not even close.

@Zephoid.4263 said:

@Chungo.3169 said:IL good vs condi? Conditions last 3sec? The power rev has little cleanliness, little breakstun (is the only class in the game that is punished for breakstun) and IL is strong vs condi? If the conditions only lasted 3 sec instead of 10+ and 8/10 different types + spam and the spam cc was not in the current state I would NOT tell the rev that I killed you GG.

The most damaging condi is burning. Almost all burning have 4s duration or less. IL negates all but a single sec of that and full heals on most numbers of burning stacks.

Also, because of IL's reverse damage, a 6s condi at the time of IL's cast is going to be effectively 0 damage.

Also, almost no condition is 10s+. A few abilities can apply bleeding >10s, but everything else has been significantly nerfed. No expertise stats and nerfed runes means condition durations don't go up a whole lot more. Condi rev can also use rune of oor which is -25% incoming duration.

Even if condi durations are >3s, IL is a FULL HEAL 3s INVULN vs condi. How is that a remotely balanced. Compare to consume conditions, again. Not even close.

Well, I could waste my time making a table about duration and different types of condi + cd can pump certain classes, and you will see that it is not only fire that kills. We all know. But ... tell me which class is punished for stunbreak other than rev, or tell me which class has fewer weapon sets or customization on their abilities than rev. This is what differentiates each class, if they were not all the same. Rev needs more weapon sets and to be able to choose more, if a thief takes the dagger, he still has a sword, if they take a scepter from Mesmer, he still has an ax ... Go try rev power without resistance runes :) or nerf runes which is what seems like the best solution.

@Chungo.3169 said:

Well, I could waste my time making a table about duration and different types of condi + cd can pump certain classes, and you will see that it is not only fire that kills. We all know. But ... tell me which class is punished for stunbreak other than rev, or tell me which class has fewer weapon sets or customization on their abilities than rev. This is what differentiates each class, if they were not all the same. Rev needs more weapon sets and to be able to choose more, if a thief takes the dagger, he still has a sword, if they take a scepter from Mesmer, he still has an ax ... Go try rev power without resistance runes :) or nerf runes which is what seems like the best solution.

@Xca.9721 said:

@"Eugchriss.2046" said:I think that this has always been (one of ) the problem with herald. When people talk about herald's sustain, they all refer to this specific skill. The ability to heal more than someone who is built for heal is beyond me. It was like having a better version of reflect which not only reflects all projectiles but all
incoming damage
. Just imagine how toxic that skill would be. But never mind...The drawback of such skills like defiant stance is longer cd (30 secs) compared to other "regular" heals (20-25 secs). Rev is the only class that should not have access to this kind of skill because they already have 2 healing skills which in practice makes infuse light only have 15secs cd. This is why I suggest:-either change the whole skill so that it doesn t convert all incoming damage in heal anymore-either make it 45 secs cd to match up with other similar skills I mentioned above.

Just cap the maximum amount it can heal to a reasonable number and reduce the duration to 2 seconds. Or: change it so that it does not heal for condition damage.

Not attacking as counterplay is good in general, but conditions are already at the target most of the times, and rev has enough against conditions already.

Condi Rev has enough against conditions, not power rev. If they change IL, they need to give us something to cleanse Conditions in return.

Infuse Light + Shiro proc trait if picked (Cleanse, Quickness, Vulnerability) + Riposting Shadows + Staff/Shield proc any sigils (Cleansing, Escape) + Renewing Wave/Crystal Hibernation. Kite and repeat. Total of 9 conditions every in less than 30 seconds, that's plenty. 12 with Lyssa or 11 with Leadership.

Infuse Light + Jalis proc trait if picked (Cleanse, Barrier, Weakness) + Vengeful Hammers + Staff/Shield proc any sigils (Cleansing, Escape) + Renewing Wave/Crystal Hibernation. Add Jalis heal if needed. Kite and repeat. Total of 14 conditions every 30 seconds with damage reductions. 17 with Lyssa or 16 Leadership.

Infuse Light + Ventari proc trait if picked (Cleanse, Healing) + Purifying Essence + True nature + Staff/Shield proc any sigils (Cleansing, Escape) + Renewing Wave/Crystal Hibernation. Kite and Repeat. Possible total of 18 conditions without counting the different combinations of weapons. 21 with Lyssa or 20 with Leadership.

As an anti-burst for 2 seconds, you got plenty.

@Chungo.3169 said:

I can beat condition builds as Berserker Jalis/Shiro core, it's quite doable without the rune, in fact never used it since I have Lynx for mobility.

I ended up doing my placements playing mostly power Rev. Not sure why so many people say it's dead, still feels quite strong even after the nerfs.

Started in mid silver. People mindlessly spammed into my infuse light and gave me free heals for days. I'm at around Gold 2 now, and it would seem that the ruse is up. If I use IL, people simply stop hitting me until it ends and I don't get my heal. Where IL still gives me good value is in teamfights where Necros, Firebrands, and Condi Rev's galore are spamming condis and AoEs.

My theory for why IL was fine before, but seems problematic now is not due to the skill itself, but due to Rev's role shifting. Before, when power was the meta build, you would mostly find yourself in duels, +1s, or small skirmishes. In these scenarios it's easy to counterplay IL by pausing damage on the Rev, especially in the previous power meta.

Now, Rev is a teamfighter with the condi build, and often finds itself in larger fights where it can take advantage of the opposing team's AoE's to heal itself. Condis are stronger now as well, so you can pop it reactively if you find yourself at the opposing end of a large condi burst.

Condi Rev is almost certainly going to get nerfed again. As a result, they'll most likely default back to the power build. Rev will be teamfighting less and therefore gaining less value out of their heal once more.

I suggest waiting to see how Rev shapes up after condi takes a hit before doubling up on nerfs to the heal as well.

@Kuma.1503 said:I ended up doing my placements playing mostly power Rev. Not sure why so many people say it's dead, still feels quite strong even after the nerfs.

Started in mid silver. People mindlessly spammed into my infuse light and gave me free heals for days. I'm at around Gold 2 now, and it would seem that the ruse is up. If I use IL, people simply stop hitting me until it ends and I don't get my heal. Where IL still gives me good value is in teamfights where Necros, Firebrands, and Condi Rev's galore are spamming condis and AoEs.

My theory for why IL was fine before, but seems problematic now is not due to the skill itself, but due to Rev's role shifting. Before, when power was the meta build, you would mostly find yourself in duels, +1s, or small skirmishes. In these scenarios it's easy to counterplay IL by pausing damage on the Rev, especially in the previous power meta.

Now, Rev is a teamfighter with the condi build, and often finds itself in larger fights where it can take advantage of the opposing team's AoE's to heal itself. Condis are stronger now as well, so you can pop it reactively if you find yourself at the opposing end of a large condi burst.

Condi Rev is almost certainly going to get nerfed again. As a result, they'll most likely default back to the power build. Rev will be teamfighting less and therefore gaining less value out of their heal once more.

I suggest waiting to see how Rev shapes up after condi takes a hit before doubling up on nerfs to the heal as well.

What would they nerf, last patch was 50% less damage. There's nothing else to nerf without killing Mallyx altogether. They also have to fix Permeating Pestilence not working properly.

@Shao.7236 said:

@Kuma.1503 said:I ended up doing my placements playing mostly power Rev. Not sure why so many people say it's dead, still feels quite strong even after the nerfs.

What would they nerf, last patch was 50% less damage. There's nothing else to nerf without killing Mallyx altogether. They also have to fix Permeating Pestilence not working properly.call for anguish -> 50e.

@Shao.7236 said:

@Kuma.1503 said:What would they nerf, last patch was 50% less damage. There's nothing else to nerf without killing Mallyx altogether. They also have to fix Permeating Pestilence not working properly.

If I had to guess, either they're going to nerf its Resistance access, nerf mallyx upkeep to 8 energy/sec, or nerf true nature's flip. Either way, there's enough of a forum outcry for condi rev to be nerfed that changes are likely coming. Personally, I think the claims are overblown due to bad expereinces fighting it in 2v2, but others would disagree.

Either way, IL doesn't overperform on power builds due to the reasons listed above. At best it helps give Rev a way to play around some of its weaknesses (subpar teamfight and vulnerability to condi pressure). If condi rev takes a hit it will no longer be a problematic spell.

@Kuma.1503 said:

@Kuma.1503 said:What would they nerf, last patch was 50% less damage. There's nothing else to nerf without killing Mallyx altogether. They also have to fix Permeating Pestilence not working properly.

If I had to guess, either they're going to nerf its Resistance access, nerf mallyx upkeep to 8 energy/sec, or nerf true nature's flip. Either way, there's enough of a forum outcry for condi rev to be nerfed that changes are likely coming. Personally, I think the claims are overblown due to bad expereinces fighting it in 2v2, but others would disagree.

Either way, IL doesn't overperform on power builds due to the reasons listed above. At best it helps give Rev a way to play around some of its weaknesses (subpar teamfight and vulnerability to condi pressure). If condi rev takes a hit it will no longer be a problematic spell.

So Herald Facets, as I've been asking for myself because the Mallyx one is indeed overpowered.

I can't play Core Condi Rev like I used to because the traits are bugged, I'd have to be Herald to achieve the same now which is extremely upsetting.

No IL doesn't overperform on power but it wouldn't be useless either given proper use is still extremely effective. All I'm seeing is just Defiant Stance and Endure Pain mixed together, which I would like it to be 2 seconds with better healing in PvP so I'd feel less dirty getting more than I deserve. From the experience I've gathered with Core, going back to Herald occasionally really makes me feel spoiled aside the stunbreak nerf that should be 20 seconds. Should the facet of chaos get buffed on it's cooldown also at 20 seconds.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:@"szeng.1267"you reading improperly every time is getting tiring to me honestly.ED has POTENTIAL to make 11k HP swing, never have I mentioned it doing it every time, depending on the enemy 4-8k is relistic.there is no point arguing with you, you will choose to ignore what I say, and you will read what you want to read.

Oh I read your comment correctly. Let me show you how you are going about your argument.

False Oasis is op because it heals 1.2k for 5 times for 6khp and also spawns mirror which does 1k dmg and apply weakness for 4s. In those 4s you could have taken 20k dmg but since they have weakness you blocked 10k of it. On top of that you get an ambush skill which you can use to deal another 5k dmg. On top of that you get a cloak which you can use to block another 5k. So False Oasis is worth 6+1+10+5+5= 27k hp value + 3/4s of 66% speed improvement + 5s of endurance + enemy loses 50% endurance regen for 4s. This sounds completely stupid doesn't it? Just because you put "Potential" in there doesn't make it any less stupid. This statement shouldn't have been made in the first place.

I have no problem with you thinking IL is over performing. The only reason I singled you out and ignored others is because they are at least making somewhere realistic claims to back up their argument.

@szeng.1267 said:

@Leonidrex.5649 said:@szeng.1267you reading improperly every time is getting tiring to me honestly.ED has POTENTIAL to make 11k HP swing, never have I mentioned it doing it every time, depending on the enemy 4-8k is relistic.there is no point arguing with you, you will choose to ignore what I say, and you will read what you want to read.

Oh I read your comment correctly. Let me show you how you are going about your argument.

False Oasis is op because it heals 1.2k for 5 times for 6khp and also spawns mirror which does 1k dmg and apply weakness for 4s. In those 4s you could have taken 20k dmg but since they have weakness you blocked 10k of it. On top of that you get an ambush skill which you can use to deal another 5k dmg. On top of that you get a cloak which you can use to block another 5k. So False Oasis is worth 6+1+10+5+5= 27k hp value + 3/4s of 66% speed improvement + 5s of endurance + enemy loses 50% endurance regen for 4s. This sounds completely stupid doesn't it? Just because you put "Potential" in there doesn't make it any less stupid. This statement shouldn't have been made in the first place.

I have no problem with you thinking IL is over performing. The only reason I singled you out and ignored others is because they are at least making somewhere realistic claims to back up their argument.

Mirages have one Evade.

Revenant can do the same, if not better as False Oasis does.

@NorthernRedStar.3054 said:It has counterplay, just don't attack. If that's something you're unable to do, well …

Soooo you're saying either attack and give them HP or don't attack and... let them be invulnerable for 3 sec while they go on the offense? Yeah OP is right, that is not counterplay. Make it a channeled skill. Or, if it's still oppressive, make CC interrupt the channel.

@Shao.7236 said:

No IL doesn't overperform on power but it wouldn't be useless either given proper use is still extremely effective. All I'm seeing is just Defiant Stance and Endure Pain mixed together, which I would like it to be 2 seconds with better healing in PvP so I'd feel less dirty getting more than I deserve. From the experience I've gathered with Core, going back to Herald occasionally really makes me feel spoiled aside the stunbreak nerf that should be 20 seconds. Should the facet of chaos get buffed on it's cooldown also at 20 seconds.

I understand where you're coming from. It's basic human nature to look at two things are similar, notice one that is clearly better, and point it out as an outlier.

However, lets think ahead to the scenario where condi rev gets nerfed. It's no longer a meta staple. Most revs go power. Lets look at the overall picture instead of comparing heal for heal. Does power rev have more sustain in its kit than warrior? How reliable is it's access to sustain?

If Rev goes Shiro/Glint, both heals are counterplayable. IL isn't a guaranteed source a of sustain unless it's either teamfighting (An area where it can struggle, so not an issue) or if it's dueling a condi spec (a scenario where it must play carefully due to it's inherent weakness to condi pressure). Daggers can be evaded, dodged, or reflected. Factor this in, then factor in healing from passives, signets, traits ect.

Compare that to Warrior. In order to dertermine if it's in line overall, I suggest also comparing Rev's overall sustain to Weaver, Ranger, Guardian, Necro, ect.

I'd argue that it's in line.

@Kuma.1503 said:However, lets think ahead to the scenario where condi rev gets nerfed. It's no longer a meta staple. Most revs go power. Lets look at the overall picture instead of comparing heal for heal. Does power rev have more sustain in its kit than warrior? How reliable is it's access to sustain?

Depends, Revenant has a lot of barrier/weakness/damage reduction if you play core. Herald has more utility to some extend and can benefit from core.If you ask the typical Shiro/Glint then comparatively Warrior is only superior in the beginning of the fight, as time goes Herald will surpass if played right.

It's mandatory that people stop waiting to be at 5% health as Herald if they want to keep their momentum because that's where everything will fall short. People have no reason to be wary as much as when one is not at critical health compared half wounded, in fact having Infuse Light can play in favor of the players because nobody will dare bursting it if they know it's up, they'll want to tickle the Herald and that's when you can get those opportunities to be aggressive.

To me as it stand, Core Revenant Power is the superior duelist in most of scenario's because of it's versatility that not even a warrior can have. Only thieves can really put the pressure on them.

@FrownyClown.8402 said:If 1 heal skill is what is holding up revenant it's probably too strong. No one complained about it pre patch though which makes me think it's the combination of mallyx and glint that makes their sustain too high

That's only one Herald condition build. I was playing that one in the 2 v 2 season, but now I'm ridding a Jalis/Mallyx Renegade and also saw people running core condition Rev. How is Infused Light (which has a clear call and only works on dummies) broken if is only present in one of the multiple builds that are being used? How can be Infused Light a problem except to bots which can't stop spamming attacks? Is like people advisedly entering in a Scourge shade: you known what you shouldn't do when you hear the whistle. Is broken the chess pawn because can be promoted to be a queen if reaches the 8th line? Or is fault of the adversary for not preventing it?

@Buran.3796 said:

@FrownyClown.8402 said:If 1 heal skill is what is holding up revenant it's probably too strong. No one complained about it pre patch though which makes me think it's the combination of mallyx and glint that makes their sustain too high

That's only one Herald condition build. I was playing that one in the 2 v 2 season, but now I'm ridding a Jalis/Mallyx Renegade and also saw people running core condition Rev. How is Infused Light (which has a clear call and only works on dummies) broken if is only present in one of the multiple builds that are being used? How can be Infused Light a problem except to bots which can't stop spamming attacks? Is like people advisedly entering in a Scourge shade: you known what you shouldn't do when you hear the whistle. Is broken the chess pawn because can be promoted to be a queen if reaches the 8th line? Or is fault of the adversary for not preventing it?

You might want to read the, you know, 3 pages of comments detailing all the reasons why. Rather than spouting off on your own tangent. Please tell me how to turn off field pulsing and condis on target at a sec's notice. Please tell me how a minimum 3s invuln+ full heal vs condi with 30s cd and instant cast is balanced. Again, compare to consume conditions.

@Buran.3796 said:

I haven't really seen anyone running anything else in ranked except power shiro. 1v1 it's okay but in teamfights it can be a free 100% heal.

@Buran.3796 said:

How is Infused Light (which has a clear call and only works on dummies) broken if is only present in one of the multiple builds that are being used? How can be Infused Light a problem except to bots which can't stop spamming attacks? Is like people advisedly entering in a Scourge shade: you known what you shouldn't do when you hear the whistle. Is broken the chess pawn because can be promoted to be a queen if reaches the 8th line? Or is fault of the adversary for not preventing it?read this:@Eugchriss.2046 said:

@"Aeolus.3615" said:
All that OP needs to do is wait 3 seconds and he/she can get back to atack
...... more eyes less key bashing id say.Thank you for the advice but If only it was that simple....What most of you don t understand is that
NOT ALL ATTACKS CAN BE STOWED
. Condi, pets, spirits, turrets, wells, clones/phantasm, necro's marks, guard's symbols, traps. Basically
everything that is not direct/no delay, power damage CAN T BE CANCELLED
.Now, what do you think? Am I still a "dummy" or a spamming bot?

@Eugchriss.2046 said:

How is Infused Light (which has a clear call and only works on dummies) broken if is only present in one of the multiple builds that are being used? How can be Infused Light a problem except to bots which can't stop spamming attacks? Is like people advisedly entering in a Scourge shade: you known what you shouldn't do when you hear the whistle. Is broken the chess pawn because can be promoted to be a queen if reaches the 8th line? Or is fault of the adversary for not preventing it?read this:@Eugchriss.2046 said:

@"Aeolus.3615" said:
...... more eyes less key bashing id say.Thank you for the advice but If only it was that simple....What most of you don t understand is that
. Condi, pets, spirits, turrets, wells, clones/phantasm, necro's marks, guard's symbols, traps. Basically
.Now, what do you think? Am I still a "dummy" or a spamming bot?

If you are being carried by a construction like necro minion, mesmer, ranger ... Aoes ... in which you do not have full control of the attacks of your pets, I consider that IL is not OP since this mechanic of minions is helping you To be more offensive / defensive, this is the drawback of playing with pets against IL since they are receiving other benefits that rev does not have.

@FrownyClown.8402 said:

I haven't really seen anyone running anything else in ranked except power shiro. 1v1 it's okay but in teamfights it can be a free 100% heal.

Only saw a single power Shiro in 33 ranked matches in the current season.

@Eugchriss: So pulsating damage over time as Guardian symbols and Necro marks are balanced, but a healing skill with a base heal of 1853 each 30 seconds which works based on enemies attacking you in a 3 second window is broken? Why not to try to not be carried BY PASSIVE SKILLS? That for sure should fix "your problem".

@Eugchriss.2046 said:

@"Aeolus.3615" said:
.Now, what do you think? Am I still a "dummy" or a spamming bot?Neither nor! But you don't get the intention. Infuse light is a situational heal. It's not just "I press a button and get a heal". It has to be used under certain conditions to be effective. That's tricky for a heal skill which has to be ready on demand as you can not "plan" to use a heal at a certain point in the encounter. It depends on what your target does.

Infuse light has drawbacks and strenghs like every other heal in the game too. There are heals on low cooldowns that heal only for a small amount or only over time. Then there are strong heals that have huge cooldowns or that weaken yourself. Infuse Light (and the warior stance heal too) are heals that can be strong in one scenario but extremely weak in another scenario. This is balanced. It would not be balanced if a spec that has tons of condi cleanses would also get the best anti condi heal on top. But exactly the opposite is the case with herald.

Do you also complain about consume conditions (the necro heal that is strong against conditions)? That skill can heal you for 12k HP when it cleanses a condibomb. But it has a huge cast time and telegraph as drawback.

Infuse light is not even good as an invunerability that covers a burst because the revenant will usually stop attacking to invite the target to attack to heal the rev. If the rev casts infuse light while attacking, then he risks that the targets switches into defense and does no damage at all to the rev, which wastes infuse light. So most of the time infuse light is just 3 seconds where nothing happens. The rev asks for damage and the target stows his weapon.

@KrHome.1920 said:

@"Aeolus.3615" said:
.Now, what do you think? Am I still a "dummy" or a spamming bot?Neither nor! But you don't get the intention. Infuse light is a situational heal. It's not just "I press a button and get a heal". It has to be used under certain conditions to be effective. That's tricky for a heal skill which has to be ready on demand as you can not "plan" to use a heal at a certain point in the encounter. It depends on what your target does.

Infuse light has drawbacks and strenghs like every other heal in the game too. There are heals on low cooldowns that heal only for a small amount or only over time. Then there are strong heals that have huge cooldowns or that weaken yourself. Infuse Light (and the warior stance heal too) are heals that can be strong in one scenario but extremely weak in another scenario. This is balanced. It would not be balanced if a spec that has tons of condi cleanses would also get the best anti condi heal on top. But exactly the opposite is the case with herald.

Do you also complain about consume conditions (the necro heal that is strong against conditions)? That skill can heal you for 12k HP when it cleanses a condibomb. But it has a huge cast time and telegraph as drawback.

Infuse light is not even good as an invunerability that covers a burst because the revenant will usually stop attacking to invite the target to attack to heal the rev. If the rev casts infuse light while attacking, then he risks that the targets switches into defense and does no damage at all to the rev, which wastes infuse light. So most of the time infuse light is just 3 seconds where nothing happens. The rev asks for damage and the target stows his weapon.

Only repeating one side of the story like always. Also a good Revenant doesn't stop attacking because a good Revenant wouldn't wait until he has no health to get a full free heal and that's where the problem lies which everyone defending the skill denies, bad plays and taking for granted the potential to get a full heal where has it's not supposed to happen all the time.

Nothing stops you from Legend swapping and do anything else while you are under effect of Infuse Light for people to retaliate.Nothing stops you from waiting the burst while people try to tickle and avoiding doing too much healing as the indication is up.

It's the user fault for trying to maximize Infuse Light and it's the user fault for not taking advantage of the position it puts them in to show you can reverse damage anytime.

Infuse Light last too long as of currently and needs a reduction so that conditions are no longer as favored. Compensating for the duration nerf, would be giving the base heal a bigger number then everything will be fine it's no longer ezpz free full heals in favor of conditions and power will still be able to heal as much because of spikes.

If you are to tell me that conditions will still melt the user afterwards then I'll just have to repeat every single possible mass cleanses Revenants have at their disposal.