Super Adventure Festival 2020

Laevateinn.6289

@"Laevateinn.6289" said:Hey everyone, it's that time of year when spring is in the air and our minds turn to the timeless seasonal pursuit of collecting baubles. There are some timing changes to the Super Adventure Festival this year that we don't want to take you by surprise, so let's get to it.

The Super Adventure Festival will activate in mid-April this year, instead of overlapping with April 1st. The Super Adventure Box originally started as an April Fools' Day joke, but it's expanded into a real festival over time. Since we usually do a little something for April Fools' Day anyway, having that minor holiday overlapping Super Adventure Festival caused a yearly headache to ship both events simultaneously or temporarily turned off. This year we're going to give the Super Adventure Festival some space from the 1st to let it and April Fools' stand independently.

This doesn't mean a new World is happening this year. There will be new secrets to find in the Box, a new meta achievement reward and a new set of weapons to collect – a different twist on the original set rather than the usual new color – but the doors to Worlds 3 and 4 will remain shut. However, we haven't given up on a larger addition to the Super Adventure Box, and even if it isn't this year or the next, we'll be chipping away at it behind the scenes. You may even see some new assets in the Box this year from outside the Worlds you know…

Finally, if you have a few minutes I'd like to collect a little feedback about the Super Adventure Festival. Feel free to answer the following questions to help us make the game, and the game within the game, better than ever!

I was almost in tears for this news. I LOVE YOU GUYS!...now fix Rev, pls. Better power options for Dual Sword. But I digress...

• What's your favorite level in Super Adventure Box? Is there anything in particular that sets it above the rest it for you?

W2Z2 because it's long, painful AND a great challenge. Sure, W2Z3 is long and painful as well, but I can do that one in my sleep...I mean, I guess I can do the same with W2Z2, but the music is great (both original and metal mixes), there is a ton of things that can go wrong and it makes the challenge of it all a blast. My fiance and I have been waiting for SAB to come back since it ended last year, so this is gonna be fun! If any Anet employees wanna go for a run in Trib, let me know. I'll gladly bring you all along with us!

• Last year, Super Adventure Festival was the first festival to introduce a Weekly Vendor. What new items would you like to see on the Weekly Vendor?

Honestly, this was great and it was even better than SAB was the one to introduce this new and popular trend. Personally, I liked the items on offer already, but if any others have good suggestions, I think that'd be fine. Just keep the legendary shards available. They are pretty great.

• What sort of new Super Adventure Festival content would you like to see in the future? It's fine to respond "I want a new World, only spend time on that!" but are there other kinds of gameplay or minigames you'd enjoy in the meantime?

Obviously W3 and W4, but I'm patient. I can wait. Still, I would still love to see mount skins for SAB and maybe even some missions where you face off against boss-leveled super bee dogs, bananas and perhaps even the trib cloud. And it could be done within SAB with only your SAB upgrades and with a small chance at getting Crimson Assassin or Kaiser Snake weapon boxes (or skin boxes, either one works). Personally, could bring some more to the table. Could also make it so baubles can help stimulate the economy a bit by being able to purchase things that can be bought in other festivals, or even some more SAB-themed infusions (or the current set and give them better visuals). Just some thoughts!

• What's your favorite level in Super Adventure Box? Is there anything in particular that sets it above the rest it for you?Definitely first episode . It s the atmosphere , i feel so good and happy just by playing it . Before SAB , i was unfamiliar to this genre (pixelated oldschool adventure games , i guess people also call them retro) . After SAB , i wouldn t stop thinking about it whole year . But for the record , i loved the traversal stages in w2 (boat - hawk) and i definitely loved w2z3 music , best of the best . I have it in my real world music list too

• Last year, Super Adventure Festival was the first festival to introduce a Weekly Vendor. What new items would you like to see on the Weekly Vendor?Things that are profitable to even hardcore endgame players . So there will be a reason to anyone would enjoy it (i enjoy the content , but some people only play for progression or loot so) , maybe a few laurel box (which grants 1-3 laurel) - a festive box which have so hard rng but have a very big min - max loot difference so people wanna gamble with it , gold trophies , maybe different gizmo additions to the game (consumable , or dunno with ach - perma) like sab theme instruments (dunno if it take too much resource to put computer sounds to melodies , u can put it in gemstore later to get profit tho) - sab object spawners - a sab capsule which would make character floating on sab air animation etc . , even sab costume brawl stuff like cannon - gun - scroll (that summons sab terrain animations like an element mage , river - lava - wind etc) . Dunno so many thing can be added

• What sort of new Super Adventure Festival content would you like to see in the future? It's fine to respond "I want a new World, only spend time on that!" but are there other kinds of gameplay or minigames you'd enjoy in the meantime?New worlds are top priority , but i want the creator's spirit in it like w1-w2 , can u rent his services part time dunno . For games , u can use some adventure stuff in sab classic , jumpers - throwers kinda time limit games , shooting range with slingshot would be so good , some side objectives to add more content inside , help a friend bring his stuff back from the top , a wizard wants you to take his place in a duel because rival gonna play dirty and with using magic transports u into the water with a sphere around you, then a loading screen appears and u can add another room like this , our character transformed to wizard , beating everyone , as a reward wizard may grant a special action skill etc

What's your favorite level in Super Adventure Box? Is there anything in particular that sets it above the rest it for you?

Since I am rather bad at jumping, I like all of the first world, but I wouldn't mind the second if it wasn't so gosh darn LONG. I can focus up for a bit and actually concentrate on jumping but about the time the first world is finished, the second one is still on the first bit. World 2 is so time consuming. By the end I just don't care whether I make the jumps or not.

Last year, Super Adventure Festival was the first festival to introduce a Weekly Vendor. What new items would you like to see on the Weekly Vendor?

I would like to see a black lion chest key, ticket scraps, the key-choice chest, and this might be new, but what about a selection of boss chests? So I could skip having to farm the various bosses during the festival. Maybe three? So one "big" one, like from Triple Trouble, one "medium" like Rhendak, and one "small" like a champ bag? Either way though, I really liked the weekly vendors. Didn't always get things from them, but I liked them.

What sort of new Super Adventure Festival content would you like to see in the future? It's fine to respond "I want a new World, only spend time on that!" but are there other kinds of gameplay or minigames you'd enjoy in the meantime?

I am bad at jumping, but I lovelovelove all the hidden secrets. I also really liked the romantic pages achievement recently that was humorous, AND awarded a title. So a batch of secrets with a title "Detective"? Once the new worlds are out, a part two could award "Super Sleuth".

• What's your favorite level in Super Adventure Box? Is there anything in particular that sets it above the rest it for you?

World 1, Zone 3 for Tribulation mode. I like the more variety of solving my way through that area by skill and creativity to the map design, for example you're supposed to drop down from the log toward the end, but I've managed to stay up on the branches before for chest run daily once or twice and have otherwise a more relaxed route to the end checkpoint for just doing a trickier jump or two.

World 2, Zone 2 for the most part I like, but doing Tribulation mode it comes off as a bit linear for getting around besides getting the secret rooms for achieves. Ultimately for this case it's just one incredibly long instance without a sort of high risk/high reward route payoff to any of the instance on Trib. For me that makes difficulty content more interesting and enjoyable, especially when you main issue is how long something will take to do without a compromise of difficulty. Regular mode though it's a perfect zone and quite enjoyable to explore and do the little puzzles about like the gong, feeding the bee dog a piranha, and outsmarting the arrow traps.

• Last year, Super Adventure Festival was the first festival to introduce a Weekly Vendor. What new items would you like to see on the Weekly Vendor?

Unless we have a lot more new items that cost bauble bubbles, I'd just like more items in general for a weekly supply to invest mine into for how many I can get vs the Trib weapons and other things I already own.

• What sort of new Super Adventure Festival content would you like to see in the future? It's fine to respond "I want a new World, only spend time on that!" but are there other kinds of gameplay or minigames you'd enjoy in the meantime?
  • Super Adventure Box Weapons/Tools: Whatever that thing In W2Z2 is behind the wall we can't do anything to, A flute song to render enemies non attackingly dazed for 10-15 seconds, Environment Objects like mortars/turrets to use after getting an npc repair mallet/kit upgrade ability for newer places that cost baubles per thing repaired, Grapple Hook spots that swap with whip and help with enemies concealing a weakness with a covering that you can pull off of them.

• Fashion Based: Super Mount skins, Super Adventure Box themed armor, Super Adventure Box cape, More Bauble Infusions/Ascended SAB weapons, SAB Racing Scarf/goggles, backpack plushes of the bananas/beedoges/monkeys,

• Things to do: Time Trials/Zone Time Challenges; Challenge Modes like 1-heart, 1-shot, 1-bomb, More Enemies, Invincible Enemies, No Buffs, More Traps; more collection sorts, Mimics, "Destroyer of Bananas"/other possible secret mini boss/full boss encounters that are optional, an even higher "in Applied Jumping" title or two by completeness, Secret Achievements, another home instance cat, Taimi's return joke in Motto's system (destroyers), maybe a instanced party mode to do a few Mini game sorts like in Mario Party and get like Super Partier tokens or compete for baubles/bauble bubbles and things.

• Toys/Tonics: Super Adventure Crown potion (crown from King Toad or Queen Bee Dog), Super Adventure Box Throne

What's your favorite level in Super Adventure Box? Is there anything in particular that sets it above the rest it for you?I really like World 1. It flows together from zone to zone and actually feels like a connected map that you're fighting through. World 2 is all over the place design-wise and it's a bit jarring.

Last year, Super Adventure Festival was the first festival to introduce a Weekly Vendor. What new items would you like to see on the Weekly Vendor?I'd like to be able to buy some of the harder-to-get currencies for SAB, like furniture coins, the Crimson Assassin tokens, etc. Maybe exchange baubles for other festival currencies.

What sort of new Super Adventure Festival content would you like to see in the future? It's fine to respond "I want a new World, only spend time on that!" but are there other kinds of gameplay or minigames you'd enjoy in the meantime?More guild hall decorations! I'd love for my guild hall to have the dragon or make the giant cage from the end of the levels. And a bit of a long shot, but a SAB strike mission would be fantastic.

What's your favorite level in Super Adventure Box? Is there anything in particular that sets it above the rest it for you?

I don't have my favourite actually. I think that every zone brings something new when it comes to the mechanics, the enemies and the environment we find ourselves in.For me those things are the reasons that bring me the real excitement from the Super Adventure Box.Although I must say that W2Z2 is the one I like the least. It always felt chaotic, overcomplicated.

Last year, Super Adventure Festival was the first festival to introduce a Weekly Vendor. What new items would you like to see on the Weekly Vendor?

I would really love to get cheaper prices from those kind of vendors, so the people can really engage in the Festivals and use their treasures to craft legendary weapons, armor, accessories in the easier way. It doesn't have to be super easy, but easier sounds really cool :) In addition it would be amazing to collect home nodes in a cheaper way or other items that would make people catch up the up to day content faster :)

What sort of new Super Adventure Festival content would you like to see in the future? It's fine to respond "I want a new World, only spend time on that!" but are there other kinds of gameplay or minigames you'd enjoy in the meantime?

I play since launch so listen to me very carefully! :D

1. I would love for the orange weapons and the red weapons to be easier to get. The thing is Super Adventure Box is the festival that lasts only for a limited time once per year. We are the players that have to go to work and some of us must work overhours and study. Moreover, people often show their blue-green-yellow skins, but I rarely see orange and red ones. It says a lot about the situation. Please make them easier to get.
  2. Of course after seven years I would love to get new world and finally save lovely Moto-In-Drag...ekhm... Princess Miya!
  3. I completely don't like the minigames, like the race you have added to the hub. What I like are the bonus bauble games after killing the main Boss of the certain world.

What's your favorite level in Super Adventure Box? Is there anything in particular that sets it above the rest it for you?My vote goes to either Storm Top or Rapids. Making verticality feel good is something Guild Wars 2 really excels at and these two levels play with it in fun ways. Pain Cliffs would also be up here if it wasn't for the Point of No Return between checkpoint 3 and 4 which has ruined multiple 100% bauble runs...

Last year, Super Adventure Festival was the first festival to introduce a Weekly Vendor. What new items would you like to see on the Weekly Vendor?Very good question cause until now the Weekly vendors have left me cold. Maybe I am not in the right tier of play yet or maybe I am just weird.

What sort of new Super Adventure Festival content would you like to see in the future? It's fine to respond "I want a new World, only spend time on that!" but are there other kinds of gameplay or minigames you'd enjoy in the meantime?Well the obvious would be a new zone. I think they are distinct enough that a world can be delivered peacemeal without feeling incomplete (atleast not any more incomplete than SAB currently feels without those 2 worlds).The less obvious answer is minigames set in existing zones similar to how Cart is a minigame set in Rapids and Robbers is a minigame set in Sparkling Pools. And then allow these minigames to be accessed from a bonus room in the level select houses, and use adventure infrastructure to make them both rewarding and not completely break the bauble economy. This would leave us with 5 zones (which could be piecemealed over 2 releases) which could get new fun minigame versions, preferably also based on other games like the current 2. I think Sunny Glade for example could have you chase a beedog with a giant bauble cluster similarly to the Sonic Mania Special Stages, the level is already pretty Greenhills like.And than this infrastructure could be used to fatten the releases of new zones, capping them off with a bonus stage as a teaser for next year's zone. Giving us 8 year of content and only 16 years of wait time for full SAB. Which will honestly be faster than how it currently seems to go.

@Kain Francois.4328 said:Minigame Proposal: Wario Ware: GW2 edition, where you can win baubles.Just imagine how fun Wario Ware like this would be in the GW2 engine.Otherwise this one is honestly pretty great idea and fits well with the sillyness of SAB...

• What's your favorite level in Super Adventure Box? Is there anything in particular that sets it above the rest it for you?My favourite one is W1Z1 because it's colorful, not too much long and fun to explore by not being too much attached to very long alternative paths or too long backtracking. Here's also some reasons why other levels are not on the same... level:

• W1Z2: it's actually fine, it's possibly a second close one but the tree part can be a little confusing to navigate. Between Checkpoint 1 and 2 also it's like doing the same tree part again but with just a little more. It could've been pretty much more enjoyable without the "double" tree part.

• W1Z3: too much monotone. Too gray and is mostly a trail of dark trees with slight variations but not compelling-looking like the rest. It's like the castle level of SMB1 but what I loved about that game were the colorful levels, not that one.

• W2Z1: the other second close one... but just too long, like the rest of W2. I think the whole W2 went too far on the long levels and the easy "do it again" parts. Also the raft part, even if it's kinda fun firstly, is just prolonging a pretty stale moment of the level. Just run around spamming 1. Boring. Apart from that, a pretty enjoyable level, including the log parts, which I like a lot.

• W2Z2: good parts mixed with plainly bad parts. The whole fish/octupus part is kinda fun... once. Also the "hand power" arena too. But the level is just tooo muuuch looooong. It's like a level and a half and some of the secrets require too much backtracking with the heavy risk of wasting again a lot of time. Very varied, which is good, but very flawed, which is annoying.

• W3Z3: I actually like a lot this level, if I totally forget the prolonged part. It's a personal choice, I know, but that part adds a lot of stuff that is just not fun or worth it. The Qbert thing is ok the first time but then it's boring as hell ( I didn't like the original Qbert too, fyi ). The whole "sliding" and wind is engaging, like the portal mechanics and the little puzzles. Also the bosses are really fun to do ( best in the SAB ). If it had all secrets and stuff just in the "shorter" part I would've placed it as a favourite.

• Last year, Super Adventure Festival was the first festival to introduce a Weekly Vendor. What new items would you like to see on the Weekly Vendor?Strike Crystals maybe? Ok, ok, maybe not the best idea. What would I like? Maybe a random SAB unbound weapon, or better a SAB Weapon Unlock ( like the Wardrobe Unlocks ), obviously except the red weapons. Other stuff that would be good may be some Mastery XP ( like the ones given in the WvW Mount skin track ), so I could keep them ready for the next episode and also would help people still needing XP on previous content. Maybe even PvP/WvW tickets to help make their Legendary weaps/trinkets. Also, tbh, I think the Weekly vendor could contain some of the BL Unlocks or Tickets to make them more enticing.

• What sort of new Super Adventure Festival content would you like to see in the future? It's fine to respond "I want a new World, only spend time on that!" but are there other kinds of gameplay or minigames you'd enjoy in the meantime?What about a special SAB Mount to unlock through a collection? Like a digital raptor skin that allows you to also use that mount into the SAB? That could be fun!Also some kind of PvP game like... what about SAB speedruns? Everyone starts at the same time and it's all a speedrun to the end but instead of a cage or boss there's just a flag to "stomp" in a PvP finisher animation. Oh, yeah, I would also like a PvP SAB flag finisher too, maybe with some good ol' Trib music to pair with that. I think even a "100 bubbles run" can be fun in some levels, or if not 100 just a timer and people have to figure out how to get the most on their own in that time. I don't think that strictly-PvP activities can be that fun, but "runs" competitions are more feasible and possibly engaging.Lastly, what about a SAB Strike Mission with, for example, an Arena fighting 3 SAB bosses in a row (Frog, Yeti, Wizard/Dragon )? The Dragon Bash had a prototype of a Strike Mission and the other Festivals have their "bosses" too ( except the Lunar one ). I think it's time to complete that cycle!

Oh, cool! I can't wait for this! I started my Guild Wars 2 career relatively late. My first visit to the beautiful, yet savage world of Tyria was at the beginning of last November. After two weeks I decided I HAD to have the HoT and PoF expansions, and got the two-for-one deal for Christmas, thus making my life complete. xP Anyway, the first event I had the honor of attending was Wintersday, so I am seriously looking forward to seeing all the cool "holidays" this awesome place has to offer. Whatever the year brings (and hopefully it will bring a viable vaccine, like, yesterday), I have come to learn that the community of Guild Wars 2 (and, I assume, Guild Wars?) is among the finest of any online game I've ever played, and I've been gaming online since the days of BBS'es and MUD's lol! Anyway, thanks for the post! I'm excited!

Happy (and safe) travels out there in the wilds. May the Six go with ye.

While I can not pick a favorite level, I love too many of them.And I'm not too concerned what's the vendor selling.

I would LOVE to explore more of Moto and his former krew members. I'd like to know more about how Ketto, Yavvi, and the Somno-Scholar are doing.

1.) My favorite level would have to be W2Z2, I quite like the length of it and like that theres a shortcut option (not including the eagle shortcut) or a long way to go. The hidden cat is a pain in the butt to get, but I like that its an optional thing if you do want it and theres a sense of accomplishment when you finally get it. Feels like W2Z3 is just a long grind whereas Z2 is fun and compelling from beginning to end whilst still having some difficulty to it.2.) Please oh please give weekly vendor for LS3 map currency. There are so many vendors in the game now, both in festivals and not, for LS4 currecnies (an additional one recently with the strike missions) but only festival of 4 winds had LS3 currency. It feels almost like LS3 is being forgotten whereas LS4 still has relevancy in modern maps and releases when it comes to rewards. Honestly I think there are too many LS4 vendors, especially considering how much easier it is to get the LS4 materials and that the maps are populated enough to see constant running of events that give the currency. LS3 on the other hand, not including Bitterfrost and the Winterberry farm, is more difficult to get. Having a vendor to get stuff from that cost baubbles or something would be great.3.) A new world would be great, but SAB is like a homage to classic games. A new world 3 thats a platformer like the rest would be nice, BUT other classic game styles could be fun too. Maybe a Pokemon parody, or heavier Zelda style reference, some weird Tyrian JRPG, or maybe even a quick little sonic minigame like the race in the SAB hub. Its a totally simulated world inside the box so really anything could make sense. More styles of things to appeal to those who dont care much about jumpy platformers and can enjoy all kinds of content that you normally cant play in the standard MMORPG world of GW2.

• What's your favorite level in Super Adventure Box? Is there anything in particular that sets it above the rest it for you?W2Z3 (any mode) and W1Z1 (tribulation). I love the ambient from W2Z3, but the level design is superb, as a compact labyrinth that makes use of every single inch of terrain. Tribulation makes you lose your mind often here, but it's extremely satisfying whenever you beat it. W1Z1 tribulation is cool because it puts the challenge right in your face, without any type of preface. It's short and intensive, and it's a perfect place to start your daily run. The sunny, vivid and simple ambient is quite cozy over the other darker and more melancholic levels.

• Last year, Super Adventure Festival was the first festival to introduce a Weekly Vendor. What new items would you like to see on the Weekly Vendor?There are two items that have already been in Weekly Vendors and I'd like to see more: Mystic Clovers and the Tyrian Exchange Voucher. Clovers are a blessing, they're really annoying to craft and being able to save a good bunch of clicks is always nice. The Voucher is also great as it lets you soften the farm on any particular map you don't enjoy playing in for whatever reason. One item that could be added is the Communal Boost Bonfire, which is great to see being shared from time to time. Another item that I'd love to see back into the game, whether it's by one of these weekly vendors or by any other method, is the WxP Booster, which is a nice tool that has been gone for a long time.

• What sort of new Super Adventure Festival content would you like to see in the future? It's fine to respond "I want a new World, only spend time on that!" but are there other kinds of gameplay or minigames you'd enjoy in the meantime?Besides obviously W3 and W4, stuff regarding Motto and the background story behind SAB would be cool. Also, a Super Armor Set matching the weapons would be incredible, with the particles and all. There could be a small collection to get it, and each piece could be linked to a level in some way (like one set of weapons is linked to W1 and the other to W2).

None, it should have stayed as a one time joke. imo too much resources are put in this bull. If i wanted to play a platformer, i'd play one of the mario games.

None, it's more wasted resources.

If it were to be completely removed from gw2 and set up as its own game. where all the skins coming from it stay in that game too. Would be perfect. That way SAB fans can still play it, but i'm not confronted by the eye sore immersion disrupting mess. Failing that option, keep it to only one week a year so i can avoid it, works too.

(anybody taking offence to this opinion should remember. Its my opinion, you don't have to like it or agree with it. Just don't send me hate over it.)

I'm a bit mixed on my favourite level. I'm going to go out on a whim and say 2-3. It has a lot of frustrating parts, especially how painfully long it is when you repeat it. But it also has so many optional parts/secrets that make it my personal favourite. I wish there was more reason to repeat going to these secret areas, as I like being rewarded for my knowledge of the hidden parts of super adventure box. Things like the shortcut worm/eagle are really enjoyable to me, but I'd perhaps enjoy a trade-off of the shortcuts being the harder but shorter path. Think tribulation mode difficulty for shortcuts. This would make them more of a trade-off, making both paths viable and used by different players, without them becoming a boring "just stand here and afk for a bit"-eagle.

My favorite level is the one where they delete the whole festival like they deleted roaming in wvw its only fair. So far all I see is them running crap like this and removing game content and just adding more fashion wars which no reason to support the game when this SAB crap is the highlight of everything they are doing right now. So depressing that its more fun to play a grinding game than gw2 so sad.

@Basinox.2350 said:

@Kain Francois.4328 said:Minigame Proposal: Wario Ware: GW2 edition, where you can win baubles.Just imagine how fun Wario Ware like this would be in the GW2 engine.Otherwise this one is honestly pretty great idea and fits well with the sillyness of SAB...

Thank you. I really hope they consider the idea.

In particular, GW2's skill system looks like it would be perfect for a Wario Ware style game. And it would fit with SAB very well.

ANET is asking us about minigames, and to that I say: MICRO GAMES!

Toss up between W1Z1's exploration with bombing walls/simplicity and W1Z3's platforming. I feel like my least favorite was W2Z2 and W2Z3 because I think the difficulty spike with those, especially in Tribulation Mode is too much. I feel like that level of difficulty should have been saved for later during perhaps a W3 or W4 level.

Super Adventure Box o' Fun, Mystic Coins, Obsidian Shards or general crafting components to help craft Legendary or Ascended Weapons/Armor.

I really want the new Worlds first and foremost, but I would also like an Endless Super Adventure Tonic, Super Mount Skins (Perhaps a pack) and for the Baubles and Bauble Bubbles to be put into the wallet or have some sort of pouch that contains them all in a single slot like a Bauble Bag or a Bauble Bubble Bag. Oh, and last but not least, I want you guys to finish the Super Adventure Gathering Tools! Right now there's just the Logging Bear so the set is incomplete. Really bugs me.

Honestly although i find the idea of an 8bit style adventure area fun in concept, super adventure box just doesnt fit the idea i personally would have for such an event at all so i generally avoid the place and pretend there isnt an event on most years....

However since i know alot of folks love the event and it is ok in small doses i guess if i had to suggest anything it'd be the idea mentioned above about beign able toe give others lives, also dont bother with the weekly store idea it's kidna dumb and forces a sense of urgency into something that is meant to be enjoyable and casual that isnt needed in a game like gw2.

Kind of going to answer questions 1 and 3 in one. My favorite level is the first one, for it's succinct length that encapsulates throwbacks to retro gaming. I think it would be great to incorporate new ideas to levels for the next worlds that harken back to specific games, perhaps making a fast paced speed based level like a certain unnamed blue blur, a level based around an ammoed weapon that is used to kill a new set of enemies, or a racing level against NPC's even.

I don't know of any items I've wanted on the vendor, but I think it would be good to introduce a sort of sink for the "real world" currencies to be used to enhance gameplay in the SAB. Namely things that tend to annoyingly accumulate without real sinks for them - such as Eitrite Ingots, Grothmar Peppers, Globs of Dark Matter, Ascended Shards of Glory, Spirit Shards, and especially, especially Obsidian Shards.

It would be very nice to have a meta achievement on release of W3 and W4 for a mount skin, or selection of a mount skin from a set of the available mounts. That gives incentive for players to want to work for a new mount skin each future release of SAB, collecting the whole set. Maybe allow a one time reward track as well for WvW and PvP to help collect two additional mounts, but then the rest of the set has to be gathered in future SAB festivals. The recent WvW mount skin was an amazing example also.