From ranger to holosmith

Waromker.5081

Hello,I played ranger (SB great sword + sword and axe) for a long time and now i'd like to try something new, like holosmith. Why him? Conception of sword + pistol or just rifle is very interesting for me.So my question:How interesting holosmith in the open world and the story mode, and how he is feeling in fractals? (T1 - T2).

• 3 weeks later...

Id recommend making a test character in the pvp lobby islands. Then you can try out the proffession mechanics to see if they jive with you.It certainly takes some serious muscle memmory training to work the F1-F4 buttons as an engi, with F5 on top as a holosmith, if you like me only is used to one special button. Reaper's Shroud.

• 8 months later...

Photon Forge is love, Photon Forge is life. Playing Holosmith revolves around rotating into and out of the Forge at the necessary times. The skills in forge are powerful, and trait synergies allow extra effects like condi cleanse or burning. The Sword + Pistol combo is a great choice as is the Rifle. Try to link the Exceed skills with heat management in fights because it can enhance your utility skills. Overall Holo is a fun spec that's easier than other Engi builds but just as powerful & rewarding. Good luck!

@DemonSage.6317 said:Photon Forge is love, Photon Forge is life. Playing Holosmith revolves around rotating into and out of the Forge at the necessary times. The skills in forge are powerful, and trait synergies allow extra effects like condi cleanse or burning. The Sword + Pistol combo is a great choice as is the Rifle. Try to link the Exceed skills with heat management in fights because it can enhance your utility skills. Overall Holo is a fun spec that's easier than other Engi builds but just as powerful & rewarding. Good luck!Agreed. In my very limited and very casual play group, my friends have asked what weapons I use with my holo. To me, it doesn't matter all that much because I'm in forge more often than not and when I'm not, I'm using Sword/Shield, utilities or F skills until I can get back into forge. Granted, I'm not OP when it comes to holo (I main a ranger after all), but I can deal some significant damage with her. :)