I don't like this game of play what wasn't nerfed yet.

Shao.7236

@Bazsi.2734 said:

@"Dantheman.3589" said:Maybe an average build is but there are some huge exceptions I’ll just point out how PW got huge nerfs and is still decent in fact pretty much great as a thief build, dp builds in general got good nerfs to and some variants are still great. Not just thief, from what I understand war, engi, ele lots of classes you would think highly affected by cc nerfs dps and sustain nerfs are still doing great

Alot of the stuff was tickled and not nerfed.Necro and guard ate almost no nerfs whatsoever, kitten like maul after double nerf is still nerfed less then most things.They should just add global -30% dmg taken instead of going skill by skill becouse its impossible to touch everything.Removal of CC removal and evasion made escaping CC much harder.If I play mirage against warrior my CC remove got CD increases, I lost a dodge, Im forced out of vigor ( chaos line ) and my scepter 2 and axe 3 got increased cooldowns.Bottom line is I can dodge WAAAAY the kitten less, and remove CC less often. But there is same ammout of CC on warrior for example. And if they take hammer then kitten me im not gonna move.like just look at it.daze/stun from dagger.stun from shield 4stun from hammer f1.daze from F2stun from F1 if reset by f2knockdown from bullaids stun spam from rampagebackbreaker Knockdownstaggering knockbackthats potential 9 Hard CC skills, who the kitten can avoid all dis, im not saying its op or whatever becouse I didnt play against it but its the matter of principle.evade/stab/cc remov got dunked and cc remained.

InTeRRuPt tHeIr CC! We are reaching GW1 levels of interrupt/CC-spam lately, and in that game this unironically was a thing.

I remember reading in 2011/12 that they don't want CC overloaded builds in GW2, because they learned it from GW1 how stunlocking targets untill they die is a terrible design. Guess those people don't work there anymore. By the way, when the game released 2 dodges were more then enough to handle CC in teamfights. The "just dodge" meme wasn't always a meme, both CC and stability used to be really really rare.

Imo roughly half of the CC skills across the board need to be reworked into something else. If you wan't to keep the enemy stunlocked, spec into something that cannot be all that offensive by default(like hammer+mace/shield warrior or something ridiculous like that).

We also have to remember there's a few key differences between the game back then and now.Energy sigil refunded 1 full dodge - everyone ran 1 or 2 of these.Vigor was 100% endurance regeneration and not the 50% we have nowWho remembers original vamp runes with auto proc mist form?Stability was a binary product, when you had it you were immune to CC and some classes had tons of it.Boon rips and corruptions were less prevalent back then, so too were boons but we also had things like double balanced stance etc.

CMC has got halfway there, they need to increase the CDs on the CC skills mostly, I made a post a long time ago when people were complaining about CI showing we have more than double the amount of CC on mesmer vs core interrupt build, you could have a lot more if you wanted it. Unfortunately some of the problems are deep seated design problems that need to be negotiated with the skills team I believe, example being the CC baseline on FB is hard to deal with unless you literally add a 300s CD on them, Full Counter mechanically is very difficult to balance in regards to CC spam and that's without thinking about the tether.

@otto.5684 said:@Shao.7236 Surprised? I am not. Once I saw the rework and the amount of tardiness in leaving “to be fixed later” all over the place, it was clear how and things will turn out. It will take 8-12 month to get things to a stable level. With the current balance team we will never get more than a handful of meta builds.

This is why you do not do hard reset if you don’t have the capacity and the competence to release a complete product.

Still playable, there's a clear amount self carry content in the game now though. So far, the season has been not as bad as I thought, besides the few occasions of clear advantages at least. You put your predictions down, we'll see how Anet holds up, the patch looked like it would have done way more as a blanket, clearly it wasn't.

@Rukia.4802 said:

@"Dantheman.3589" said:Maybe an average build is but there are some huge exceptions I’ll just point out how PW got huge nerfs and is still decent in fact pretty much great as a thief build, dp builds in general got good nerfs to and some variants are still great. Not just thief, from what I understand war, engi, ele lots of classes you would think highly affected by cc nerfs dps and sustain nerfs are still doing great

Alot of the stuff was tickled and not nerfed.Necro and guard ate almost no nerfs whatsoever, kitten like maul after double nerf is still nerfed less then most things.They should just add global -30% dmg taken instead of going skill by skill becouse its impossible to touch everything.Removal of CC removal and evasion made escaping CC much harder.If I play mirage against warrior my CC remove got CD increases, I lost a dodge, Im forced out of vigor ( chaos line ) and my scepter 2 and axe 3 got increased cooldowns.Bottom line is I can dodge WAAAAY the kitten less, and remove CC less often. But there is same ammout of CC on warrior for example. And if they take hammer then kitten me im not gonna move.like just look at it.daze/stun from dagger.stun from shield 4stun from hammer f1.daze from F2stun from F1 if reset by f2knockdown from bullaids stun spam from rampagebackbreaker Knockdownstaggering knockbackthats potential 9 Hard CC skills, who the kitten can avoid all dis, im not saying its op or whatever becouse I didnt play against it but its the matter of principle.evade/stab/cc remov got dunked and cc remained.

InTeRRuPt tHeIr CC! We are reaching GW1 levels of interrupt/CC-spam lately, and in that game this unironically was a thing.

I remember reading in 2011/12 that they don't want CC overloaded builds in GW2, because they learned it from GW1 how stunlocking targets untill they die is a terrible design.

What builds could stun lock you until you die in GW1? The one that could remotely do that was moebius strike + horns of the ox assassin which you only needed to block one chain skill to mess it all and that was in low tier pvp.

Any DH or Backbreaker A/W or W/A variant. Once the target gets hit by the first attack, only Disciplined Stance or Shield Bash could have saved them(and these skills were pretty much only run by monks, or required the target to be on their defensive weaponset before eating the first hit). While this combo was the worst offender, any class with a knockdown could combo ridiculous things togheter, like my Rt/A lifesteal meme build that only did armor ignoring and lifesteal damage.All you had to do to "stunlock" someone is knocking them down again just as they were standing up. GW1 had no stunbreaks, only some instant cast stances/skills that could maybe defend you from the incoming spike once you've been incapacitated. GW1 also had no stealth whatsoever, so anticipating incoming spikes was easier, but still.

Yeah dude this was like loooow tier pvp.. you can't just wombo combo someone solo in a GvG lol ofc this happened in jq/fa/ab/ra but even still there are tons of anti melee. Real spike dmg in GW1 was coordinated from most of the group on comms, dying to a single assassin meme spec is impossible in a real group and that goes for any other class too. We weren't rambo 1man armies like in GW2.

I literally got silvercape by memeing a 4/4 split and 2 A/W as frontline, also trolled with the knockdown-spam in r10+ HoH teams. If that's low tier, what's high?If abusing out of control CC-spam builds is possible, there will be high end pvp players doing it. That's what happened in GW1 and it will also happen in GW2 now.

I have played several dozen matches with Lightning Rod weaver this last two weeks, I can finally say I can utilise most of it's potential. And it's distgusting. A few builds with on-demand stability counter it, rest has to flee and/or gank. Lack of condiremoval could mean that condition builds keep it in check however... no they don't. I can just charge the enemy condi-bunker revenant/necro, and interrupt them to death. This feels exactly like A/W did back in my GW1 days. A few mindgames to bait/fake out defenses, and everything dies.

@Bazsi.2734 said:

I remember reading in 2011/12 that they don't want CC overloaded builds in GW2, because they learned it from GW1 how stunlocking targets untill they die is a terrible design.

What builds could stun lock you until you die in GW1? The one that could remotely do that was moebius strike + horns of the ox assassin which you only needed to block one chain skill to mess it all and that was in low tier pvp.

Any DH or Backbreaker A/W or W/A variant. Once the target gets hit by the first attack, only Disciplined Stance or Shield Bash could have saved them(and these skills were pretty much only run by monks, or required the target to be on their defensive weaponset before eating the first hit). While this combo was the worst offender, any class with a knockdown could combo ridiculous things togheter, like my Rt/A lifesteal meme build that only did armor ignoring and lifesteal damage.All you had to do to "stunlock" someone is knocking them down again just as they were standing up. GW1 had no stunbreaks, only some instant cast stances/skills that could maybe defend you from the incoming spike once you've been incapacitated. GW1 also had no stealth whatsoever, so anticipating incoming spikes was easier, but still.

Yeah dude this was like loooow tier pvp.. you can't just wombo combo someone solo in a GvG lol ofc this happened in jq/fa/ab/ra but even still there are tons of anti melee. Real spike dmg in GW1 was coordinated from most of the group on comms, dying to a single assassin meme spec is impossible in a real group and that goes for any other class too. We weren't rambo 1man armies like in GW2.

I literally got silvercape by memeing a 4/4 split and 2 A/W as frontline, also trolled with the knockdown-spam in r10+ HoH teams. If that's low tier, what's high?If abusing out of control CC-spam builds is possible, there will be high end pvp players doing it. That's what happened in GW1 and it will also happen in GW2 now.

I have played several dozen matches with Lightning Rod weaver this last two weeks, I can finally say I can utilise most of it's potential. And it's distgusting. A few builds with on-demand stability counter it, rest has to flee and/or gank. Lack of condiremoval could mean that condition builds keep it in check however... no they don't. I can just charge the enemy condi-bunker revenant/necro, and interrupt them to death. This feels exactly like A/W did back in my GW1 days. A few mindgames to bait/fake out defenses, and everything dies.

Yeah sure I believe you bro.. mind showing me in GW1 as I still GvG you can show me how assassin just destroys with perma CC :# it'll be a bit difficult when target has support and is in an actual team.

anyway what isn't cancer in gw2

@Rukia.4802 said:

Yeah sure I believe you bro.. mind showing me in GW1 as I still GvG you can show me how assassin just destroys with perma CC :# it'll be a bit difficult when target has support and is in an actual team.

anyway what isn't cancer in gw2

He most likely played the game before you got silver trim by signing up for the mat, in a different balance patch and maybe even before eye of the north (aura of stability). The game is entirely different nowadays from what it used to be as damage is out of control and 8v8s being decided in less than 4 minutes regularly because the back line starts to struggle the moment your midline plays aggressively despite people having 3(!) monks and running flag on mid- or frontline instead of having 2 monks and primarily running on a ritualist.I’d pick gw2 pvp over the current form of gw1 anytime (but not over gw1 when it still had support).