PvP Lag?

bigo.9037

Over the past year or so I've noticed spvp has gotten laggy. Like, server-side ms ping lag. Not fps.

Pretty sad. If I were to compare it to anything, it's like when you're in wvw ebg and there's at least 1 big blob fight.

If you go to a wvw map with 0 blobs, the server lag is gone.. but in spvp, it's always mostly always there. Anyone else notice this? It's getting quite frustrating tbh.

I mean spvp is supposedly the most competitive game mode in gw2 yet it seems, at least to me, to be more laggy than WvW which is very ironic.

I've had an issue since forever where stealthed classes take a while to appear on my screen.

I'll pick a fight on far when a thief or mesmer surprises me from stealth, but instead of their model appearing the moment they deal damage to me (as they should) the game will take a while to load their model so I'll have an invisible character hitting me for 2-5 seconds and the only indication I have that they're there is the SFX from them attacking and my rapidly depleting health bar.

It seems to only occur once per game. Once the game has properly rendered the enemy player's model this does not happen again, but it has definitely cost me some fights.

Very annoying issue. `

@bigo.9037 said:Over the past year or so I've noticed spvp has gotten laggy.@Kuma.1503 said:I've had an issue since forever where stealthed classes take a while to appear on my screen.That might eventually be a PC problem dudes.With my old PC I had lag problems too sometimes, but since I bought a new one, that didnt happen anymore.During one year of playing I had just 2 or 3 server-sided lags.

@hotte in space.2158 said:

@bigo.9037 said:Over the past year or so I've noticed spvp has gotten laggy.@Kuma.1503 said:I've had an issue since forever where stealthed classes take a while to appear on my screen.That might eventually be a PC problem dudes.With my old PC I had lag problems too sometimes, but since I bought a new one, that didnt happen anymore.During one year of playing I had just 2 or 3 server-sided lags.

That wouldn't explain why this specifically only happens in spvp and not wvw.

@bigo.9037 said:

That wouldn't explain why this specifically only happens in spvp and not wvw.

More often than not it is an issue with the computer.Most lag is caused by a third party service on your PC doing something in the background.

Perhaps you enable something on your PC when you're doing sPvP that you're not doing in WvW.

Regardless, open a ticket with support and have them do diagnostics to see if it is something on your PC or an issue you need to talk to your ISP about.The vast majority of network issues are not at the fault of ArenaNet, because to get to them you have to travel through someone else's routers.