Drakkar then, now, and why

EdwinLi.1284

@"Randulf.7614" said:Is there a comparison chart I missed with old Drakkar size versus new Drakkar size as well? I suspect little difference, but am mildly curious seeing the models side-by-side

Not directly, no.

But Vyko made one between Drakkar, Vlast, and Aurene and one comparing Drakkar to the Claw of Jormag. I had compared Vlast and Glint from GW1 and GW2, as well as the GW1 dragon models to each other and the Shatterer, and the Claw of Jormag and Shatterer are the same size.

As you can see from those:

• GW2 Drakkar is roughly the size of GW2 Vlast, and much smaller than Claw of Jormag
  • GW2 Vlast is slightly larger than the size of GW1 Glint
  • GW1 Drakkar is far larger than GW1 Glint, being slightly larger than The Shatterer / Claw of Jormag.

TL;DR

GW2 Drakkar is smaller than GW1 Drakkar.

Which is kind of funny, because they decided they couldn't use that model as Jormag because it was too small, despite the two games using different scaling methods... and they made it smaller for GW2.

Huh...it hadn't occurred to me Drakkar would such a huge amount shorter than a Claw of Jormag. I guess size was sacrificed for squeezing it into the space and making the fight manageable given all the technical things going on that they stated in the Guild chat and blog.

Poor Drakkar - shrunk, changed look, decayed, revealed to be little more than a monstrous mouthpiece and given a lesser fight than he deserves. (imo).

@Randulf.7614 said:Huh...it hadn't occurred to me Drakkar would such a huge amount shorter than a Claw of Jormag. I guess size was sacrificed for squeezing it into the space and making the fight manageable given all the technical things going on that they stated in the Guild chat and blog.

Poor Drakkar - shrunk, changed look, decayed, revealed to be little more than a monstrous mouthpiece and given a lesser fight than he deserves. (imo).

Well, they used Aurene as the basis as they share rigging (this was done to save time, not uncommon), and I'm pretty sure Aurene's size was made so small so she could fit in the Eye of the North. I could see that they kept Drakkar the same size as Aurene to avoid messing up the rig.

Ok, I am now honestly confused. Is it against forum policies to talk about a post of yours being reported? Or is just someone misusing a certain report function? Anyway, since some unrelated part of my post was also removed, I will just repost that:@Randulf.7614I do agree with you on that I would have liked to see the whole model ingame, as I said in my first post. But as you said, the limited space and the size of Drakkar so not support that.

And now I am off to somewhere else, away from whoever apparently tries to impress Ben Shapiro.

@EdwinLi.1284 said:

Imagine if Jormag utilize this power when we have a Commander versus Bangar fight as Bangar (now a Icebrood) constantly changing his shape and powers with Jormag's influence while the Commander has to utilize the three Mastery powers to counter Bangar's new forms.

Bangar should be a one-slap really and so should any regular mortal who dares face the commander, slayer of anything the world can come up with.

@Klypto.1703 said:The best argument would be people arguing about actually liking something in this game because it just sounds like people hate everything about it but for some odd reason they keep playing it.

yesyes, we've heard this a million times before from great thinkers just like you. Learn the difference between hate for the new and passion for the old