Grandmaster Mirage trait suggestions

Tayga.3192

An attempt to make all GMs worth taking.

Infinite Horizon: When you gain Mirage Cloak, your clones also gain it and use their respective ambush skills.Elusive Mind: When you gain Mirage Cloak, your clones also gain it. You remove a condition for every clone you have (player is also counted).Dune Cloak: When you gain Mirage Cloak, your clones also gain it. No idea what its effect would be.

With only one dodge, GMs are very underwhelming so I just wanted to make a discussion for this concept.

More like ... instead of IH baseline all GM gives them avade and only 1 allows ambush...? May be... idk, only if it would be just a decoy and not a DPS boost because its hard to balance for them, lol.And on paper (even with 1 evade idk) this might be too strong.If picking up mirror affect EM this would make mirage immune to condis (on paper with desert distortion or something), So only on evade probs.DC, on paper again, would steal too many boons. I would make it only for mesmer and steal 2 boons, 1 feels underwhelming and meh beacuse boonspam is still common.

@Odik.4587 said:More like ... instead of IH baseline all GM gives them avade and only 1 allows ambush...? May be... idk, only if it would be just a decoy and not a DPS boost because its hard to balance for them, lol.And on paper (even with 1 evade idk) this might be too strong.If picking up mirror affect EM this would make mirage immune to condis (on paper with desert distortion or something), So only on evade probs.DC, on paper again, would steal too many boons. I would make it only for mesmer and steal 2 boons, 1 feels underwhelming and meh beacuse boonspam is still common.

EM might be too strong yes, but I don't think DC would be strong because it only works in melee and clones are mostly ranged.

@Tayga.3192 said:

@Odik.4587 said:More like ... instead of IH baseline all GM gives them avade and only 1 allows ambush...? May be... idk, only if it would be just a decoy and not a DPS boost because its hard to balance for them, lol.And on paper (even with 1 evade idk) this might be too strong.If picking up mirror affect EM this would make mirage immune to condis (on paper with desert distortion or something), So only on evade probs.DC, on paper again, would steal too many boons. I would make it only for mesmer and steal 2 boons, 1 feels underwhelming and meh beacuse boonspam is still common.

EM might be too strong yes, but I don't think DC would be strong because it only works in melee and clones are mostly ranged.

I can already hear the whines.EM STEALS 8 BOONS EVERY 5s, SO BROKEN

• 1 month later...

@"Tayga.3192" said:An attempt to make all GMs worth taking.

Infinite Horizon: When you gain Mirage Cloak, your clones also gain it and use their respective ambush skills.Elusive Mind: When you gain Mirage Cloak, your clones also gain it. You remove a condition for every clone you have (player is also counted).Dune Cloak: When you gain Mirage Cloak, your clones also gain it. No idea what its effect would be.

With only one dodge, GMs are very underwhelming so I just wanted to make a discussion for this concept.

I agree. I always thought IH should be baseline because its basically the entire "theme" of the mirage.

DC needs a visual effect change also - the current one gives me eye/headache, the pop is really annoying.

I think whatever the gameplay, the visual effect of clones evading and ambushing with the player should have been the foundation of mirage and should have been minor for all mirage builds.

Damage can be shifted around etc, but personally I feel the spec loses its flavour without these visuals.

EM could steal boons and deal little dmg around the target, Mesmer would deal dmg AND steal boons and clones would only deal dmg. nothing fancy 200-400 dmg hits.