Elemantalist and power in pve

Fines Juliverine.5846

Hey ,

can we talk about why the last balance patch did buff nearly every power class in PvE but not ele.It was not even in a overpowered state before the patch but now it is kinda weak compared to nearly every other spec.

Even if you don't just compare benchmark numbers, but also burst numbers and such, it is behind quite a lot of classes and will even played in a very skillfull manner have a hard time to outperform other classes like holo, soulbeast, not even to talk about mesmer (even after the recent hotfix) or guard (since the changes actually did nothing to it's damage)

Ele is still the lowest hp class aswell as the one with the least armor and brings (at least on weaver ) nothing but dps and a tiny bit of cc to a fight in pve grp content.

It is really disheartening to see arenanet throwing massive buffs around (holo 10%+ heal on a grandmaster trait, soulbeast twice as vicious and skirmishing buff, mesmer 15% modifier on himself and illusions, guardian virtues 10% modifier for 6 seconds) but ele is not gettin anything besides kinda useless reworks of elementals ( which noone ever uess in grp content anyways)

It might be fine as a condi spec, but not every fight is designed around condition damage and it would really be fun to see this class to shine as a power spec in pve again aswell. Doesn't have to be broken op but a small buff would be justified i guess.

Thanks.

Ok let me be more specific:

I am talking about group content. Raiding, fractals, strikes and dungeons ... there you want to use fiery greatsword since it gives a way better burst ...

There is nothing wrong with the elemental buff, but the buff for the kind of content I am taking about kind is missing ...

Ele ( power ) is in a weird spot right now ... it was before patch since boon stacking classes (dh chrono ) were better grp dps options

And it is even more so now since other classes (especially soul beast) outshine it burst wise and buff wise (stance shared one wolf pack) and that is just one of few ...dh is still giving boons while doing same damage as before, chrono ist completely busted ... and engi also got a major buff and outshines ele in cc and equals it in damage and got a similar burst.

But I think you get my now point now right ?

@"Fines Juliverine.5846" said:can we talk about why the last balance patch did buff nearly every power class in PvE but not ele.

First, there is no such thing as "power class" and second, there is probably more classes that didn't see any buffs to their damage that classes that did see one.

I understand that you are concerned about the elementalist's competitiveness in PvE speedrun since everyone want it's profession to be the top dog there but is the elementalist really so down the road in regard to PvE damage that it's worth complaining? I don't think so. It's better for the elementalist to keep it's current level of damage (which is competitive without being overbearing) instead of being buffed and take the hammer nerf soon after.

Edit: Guardian and Mesmer where already dominating speedrun anyway. As for Engi it seldom found itself in a position where he dominated anything in PvE.

Well there are power based builds and then there are condi based builds ...

Differences in encounter make either viable.

About power weaver, it was one of the solid choices before this patch, since its damage was kinda high compared to other classes even tho it brought no buff to the group what other classes did.

But now it is even outplayed by a lot of power based builds ( apart from reaper ) nearly every build is able to actually perform at least on a very similar lvl

So regarding that, ele has no range option , lowest healt , lowest armor , no blocks or any great utilities if you want to go for dps ... and it also ads nothing but damage and mediocre cc to the grp

So why should that be weaker than a holo , slb, dh and Mesmer then ?

The fact that Mesmer and guardian are so dominant just shows how poor the balance decisions are.

Don’t get me wrong I wouldn’t want to have an ele buff if other classes were brought to a reasonable lvl ... but since basically every other class got buffed, ele is kinda left behind when it comes to a power build.

Not so much in fractals but in raids for sure.

• 1 month later...

@Fines Juliverine.5846 said:Well there are power based builds and then there are condi based builds ...

Differences in encounter make either viable.

About power weaver, it was one of the solid choices before this patch, since its damage was kinda high compared to other classes even tho it brought no buff to the group what other classes did.

But now it is even outplayed by a lot of power based builds ( apart from reaper ) nearly every build is able to actually perform at least on a very similar lvl

So regarding that, ele has no range option , lowest healt , lowest armor , no blocks or any great utilities if you want to go for dps ... and it also ads nothing but damage and mediocre cc to the grp

So why should that be weaker than a holo , slb, dh and Mesmer then ?

The fact that Mesmer and guardian are so dominant just shows how poor the balance decisions are.

Don’t get me wrong I wouldn’t want to have an ele buff if other classes were brought to a reasonable lvl ... but since basically every other class got buffed, ele is kinda left behind when it comes to a power build.

Not so much in fractals but in raids for sure.

I agree with you. Given the risk a power weaver takes, its dps is lackluster comparing to many other power builds now, whether the burst damage or sustained damage.

Moreover, it is a pure dps class that offers nothing other than dps. (Unlike Soulbeast which can take spotter and storm spirit

Or dps Firebrand that gives group aegis and tome as panic button etc.)

Your disappointment is understandable.