Legendary Equipment and Templates - [Merged]

If they are sold like anything I will pass on it the time and currency no matter how you do it is more than enough for this stuff to be included in the value of already owning it. Plus I mean SAB and deleting roaming classes in wvw theres not much reason to login to the game anymore even though I have all that legendary stuff just game over for me plus I am not into playing super mario lol.

Regarding the long-term economic and gameplay impact of this change, I think people are vastly overestimating the number of players that have or would ever craft duplicate legendaries.

The reality is that this change will increase the incentive to make legendary gear for people who don't have it, and given how much time and effort it takes, there's no reason to believe that they'll have a full complement of every possible piece of legendary armor and weapon after just a few months. Very, very few will make it to that point before they stop playing GW2.

I wouldn't be surprised if the overall demand for legendaries goes up and stays up for the long term, but more realistically we may not see any sort of notable market change because there's already a good demand for legendaries among people that want them.

As far as incentives for future crafting go, the only people this really affects negatively are the people for whom making duplicate legendaries is the main reason they play GW2. For the typical endgame player, there are going to be more legendaries to make that they don't have yet.

My request is for a shared legendary to be able to be transmuted per toon and stored that way on each toon. My reasoning for that is1) not all tooms are designed around legendary weapon skins2) if this is not done it will result in a ton more legendary skins running around and not others which will take away from keeping our toons unique

If we will be able to use our legendary gear on all our characters we need a way to quickly move our infusions between them - we already have a button on each gear template that says "unequip all items" - a simple solution would be to add another one that says "unequip all infusions from legendary gear" - that sould save us 36+ clicks or even more if we have to remove the infusions from more than one template.Maybe there could even be a way to share infusions that are being used in legendary equipment?

The only thing I am going to be looking for is a way to refund the two extra sets of WvW legendary armor that I crafted for the sole purpose of having the stat swap and other legendary functionality. As this update completely invalidates these legendary pieces (there is no unique skin), a refund of the large material sink seems warranted. It should be easy enough to add a vendor that you can trade legendary armor pieces to for bags of the materials used to craft them. Even if this only broke the materials down into components used in other legendaries more generally (like gift of blood, gift of venom etc), I think that would be a good thing. Of course refunding the extremely timegated skirmish tickets and pvp currencies would also be required to make this work.

Not doing something like this is precisely equivalent to announcing tomorrow that all characters get 6 equipment and build templates for free, and no refund for already purchased add-ons will be available. Remember gold in game = gems in the store.

I think adding achievements for collecting the wvw/pvp armors (like there is for the raid armor) and/or adding a unique animated skin would be one thing make the extra armor pieces have some value and is worth looking into in parallel. However, since a lot of people will be in a position like me (just wanted the extra functional part), I think giving players the option to get the mats back to use on other now very desireable legendaries (like a 2nd sword or the like) would be most fair and not too much additional work.

I'm sorry but for me, this is a really bad news for the game and maybe its economy. The more sinks you remove from a MMORPG game, the faster you reach the end. Unless you repeat things like a zombie, for nothing. I really fear a few component prices will scale up insanely while the entire rest will fall into oblivion, giving the final blow to an already really unbalanced highly inflationist economy. I really hope I'm wrong. I really hope.

Will only be worth doing any legendary stuff if you 100% untie from PVP content. I will not humor this type of event and the game should be fair for all types of gameplay, if you like to do pvp you should be able to do anything you want without leaving pvp / wvw arena, same to pve, I shouldn't even fathom to enter these areas just to have a fraction of what I need, spend hours of undesired gameplay for the amusement of others. Unless legendary gear is obtainable from pve side, is not even worth to play GW2 anymore.

@Murkalael.6713 said:Will only be worth doing any legendary stuff if you 100% untie from PVP content. I will not humor this type of event and the game should be fair for all types of gameplay, if you like to do pvp you should be able to do anything you want without leaving pvp / wvw arena, same to pve, I shouldn't even fathom to enter these areas just to have a fraction of what I need, spend hours of undesired gameplay for the amusement of others. Unless legendary gear is obtainable from pve side, is not even worth to play GW2 anymore.

Legendary Weapons - Need 1 WvW reward track completed for Gift of Battle which is approx. 8.5 hrs of gameplay in WvW (assuming no Reward Track boosts) . It's tedious, but not horrible to get. That, and it's fairly easy to get Ascended Weapons with the Elite Spec. collections, that you often don't really need Legendary Weapons for the Stat Swap.

Legendary Armour is obtainable for PvE, WvW, & PvP without needing to set foot outside each of those modes, with different gates (both time and skill)

• PvE - Raids, requiring wing/boss completions, a collection, and cost of Materials. I think it was approx 10 weeks for your first set, and 21 weeks for ever set thereafter.
  • PvP - PvP League Completions for Ascended & regular Shards, and cost of Materials. Low end can get 1 Legendary/season, regularly can get 2 Legendary Pieces per Season, but you can then grind for Ascended Shards to stock up for subsequent seasons. (My personal favourite way, despite the name-calling in PvP)
  • WvW - Approx. 1 Legendary/4 Weeks of completing Skirmish Track, and cost of Materials. If you enjoy WvW, this is for you, as you get it passively just by running around whacking things. If you are just starting WvW, Completed Wood Division in prior week, and your server has the lowest war score, it works out to approx. 4.3 hrs of gameplay in WvW per day to max out your Skirmish track. On average, you're looking at about 3 hrs/day, less if you manage to get Outnumbered for a long while. (WvW takes a while though as it's not the most material lucrative method).

@"Dovahkiin from HighRock.4682" said:I'm sorry but for me, this is a really bad news for the game and maybe its economy. The more sinks you remove from a MMORPG game, the faster you reach the end. Unless you repeat things like a zombie, for nothing. I really fear a few component prices will scale up insanely while the entire rest will fall into oblivion, giving the final blow to an already really unbalanced highly inflationist economy. I really hope I'm wrong. I really hope.Why would this remove a sink? Normal people are not making 3 legendary armor sets and 6 legendary weapons on a single character and then lament that they have no legendaries on their other 10 characters, so now they have to make more for each.

@Geoff Fey.1035 said:

@Murkalael.6713 said:Will only be worth doing any legendary stuff if you 100% untie from PVP content. I will not humor this type of event and the game should be fair for all types of gameplay, if you like to do pvp you should be able to do anything you want without leaving pvp / wvw arena, same to pve, I shouldn't even fathom to enter these areas just to have a fraction of what I need, spend hours of undesired gameplay for the amusement of others. Unless legendary gear is obtainable from pve side, is not even worth to play GW2 anymore.

Legendary Weapons - Need 1 WvW reward track completed for Gift of Battle which is approx. 8.5 hrs of gameplay in WvW (assuming no Reward Track boosts) . It's tedious, but not horrible to get. That, and it's fairly easy to get Ascended Weapons with the Elite Spec. collections, that you often don't really need Legendary Weapons for the Stat Swap.

Legendary Armour is obtainable for PvE, WvW, & PvP without needing to set foot outside each of those modes, with different gates (both time and skill)
  • PvE - Raids, requiring wing/boss completions, a collection, and cost of Materials. I think it was approx 10 weeks for your first set, and 21 weeks for ever set thereafter.
  • PvP - PvP League Completions for Ascended & regular Shards, and cost of Materials. Low end can get 1 Legendary/season, regularly can get 2 Legendary Pieces per Season, but you can then grind for Ascended Shards to stock up for subsequent seasons. (My personal favourite way, despite the name-calling in PvP)
  • WvW - Approx. 1 Legendary/4 Weeks of completing Skirmish Track, and cost of Materials. If you enjoy WvW, this is for you, as you get it passively just by running around whacking things. If you are just starting WvW, Completed Wood Division in prior week, and your server has the lowest war score, it works out to approx. 4.3 hrs of gameplay in WvW per day to max out your Skirmish track. On average, you're looking at about 3 hrs/day, less if you manage to get Outnumbered for a long while. (WvW takes a while though as it's not the most material lucrative method).

WvW=fancy name for pvp, I'll never set foot on any pvp map, since 2020 is the year to ditch pvp

luckly I've found a new game 100% pvp free not even duel is avaiable.

@Murkalael.6713 said:

@Murkalael.6713 said:WvW=fancy name for pvp, I'll never set foot on any pvp map, since 2020 is the year to ditch pvp

luckly I've found a new game 100% pvp free not even duel is avaiable.

Enjoy your new game! I'm sure when you come back the Legendary Armoury will be implemented and the above info will still be relevant in case you want to shoot for some of them.

This was mostly to give people an idea that Legendaries didn't all require multiple game modes. Just a bit of WvW'ing for Legendary weapons, and then your choice of mode for Legendary Armor. Trinkets are another matter entirely.

PvP & WvW are fun to an extant. It's frustrating at times, but in general I enjoy the modes. You definitely learn the ins and outs of your professions, and there are people online who actually enjoy helping others tinker their builds. The MetaBattle builds are so-so, but sometimes just a bit of personalized touch can make your own better than the "meta" because it synchs with your playstyle more.

My Ranger has reached his limit of Equipment loadout slots. Why?

Slot 1: PvE Power SoulbeastSlot 2: ditto, only that the 2nd weapon set is replaced by a longbowSlot 3: PvE Condition SoulbeastSlot 4: Raid Heal Support DruidSlot 5: WvW Power SoulbeastSlot 6: ditto, only that the 2nd weapon set is replaced by a longbow

Now, two slots are being wasted because my longbow happens to be a legendary, and the PvE and WvW builds use different upgrades, so I can't switch to longbow from my inventory on the run but have to use an extra equipment slot (because it resets when not embedded in a loadout). I would have to redo the stats all over each time I equip it from my inventory.

Two extra slots for just a minor weapon swap. That's insane!

Can we please get a higher number of Equipment Template slots, if nothing else?

@"Ashantara.8731" said:words

Just swap out your bow from your inventory at that point? Or like, manually go in and swap the stat using the "customize" button if its legendary? It's barely 5 seconds of work. I know the templates aren't perfect, but an entire new template for a different 2nd weapon is excessive and not a real problem anyone really faces.

That said, yeah more loadout slots would be cool.

@Fire Attunement.9835 said:We want to talk a little about our plans for the next update that will affect the suite of templates features, and gather your feedback about what you hope to see from it.

We’re calling it the Legendary Armory.

Here’s a quick description of how it will work—when you bind a legendary item to your account, it will be added to the Legendary Armory. Any legendary item that is added to the Legendary Armory will become available for use by all the characters across your entire account at the same time. This removes the need for you to swap legendary equipment between characters through your bank or shared inventory. This feature will also come with updates to Equipment Template functionality to make it easier to copy the configuration of equipped legendary items from one Equipment Template to another template on the same character.

Here are our goals for the Legendary Armory feature:

• Make it feel more valuable to earn and use legendary equipment, while also making it easier to use legendary items with the Equipment Template feature.
  • Remove the need for players to swap account-bound legendary items between characters.
  • Make it easier to copy the configuration of equipped legendary items from one Equipment Template tab to another template on the same character.

Let us know your thoughts in this thread. Thank you all!

any ETA? I love the idea!

I think by now, people might have the same concern as me. Mystic Coins are already going up quite a bit. These can be quite hard to get and so can the mystic clovers we use them for. I just wondering what people think is a good price for the Mystic Coins in general, as new players are gonna have an even harder time than longer players at getting a load as the price increases. Personally around 1g a coin is not bad or maybe even up to 1g 50s is okay too. But when you need 500 for a Gen 2, it becomes quite a burdon.Is there any plans on Mystic Coins and Mystic Clovers like a few new ways to acquire them, or are we just gonna hafta pay the rediculous price it will probably go up too.