Bug in Darkrime Delves story instance

@"Nayaru.4716" said:I don't get a disconnect after the fight with almorra I just get a big old client freeze - it doesn't even crash to desktop I have to force it, have left it for ten mins on one of the attempts.

For you others who are d/cing or client freezing after Almorra fight, have you fully downloaded the game yet or are there still files left to install? Just curious if the fixed file is "yet to be downloaded" or something weird...

yup, fully downloaded after crashed 1st time, crashed (normal program freeze) another time on 2nd time and worked on 3rd time lol.Crashes just before cutscene

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After it was fixed I was finally able to finish everything from the new release but now it seems that I can't finish the second mission on a different character without getting disconnected after the final battle. Tried to play through it on a different character 4 times now and I still get disconnected at the end. Guess the episode isn't fully fixed.

Same as some others here. Crashed after the post-Almorra cutscene. First time, it set me back at the beginning of the tank section - thought I'd have to do all of that again. Was rather upset. Fortunately exiting and re-entering put me back in Delves. Ran through it a second time, crashed in the same place. I do wish they'd find a better way to handle these instances, checkpoints or something that persist through logging/crashing, because this is far from the first time this type of thing has caused issues for me.

Edit P.S.: And to be clear, this all happened to me today, a few hours ago.

Just got disconnected after the last cutscene, forcing me to do it all over again.Not going to bother though until this gets fixed.

@Thomanson.4765 said:Hotfix not a fix. Tell us when it's ACTUALLY fixed, or install checkpoints in your story instances. Waste of time.This. The fact this game still doesn't have checkpoints is mindboggling and it's the main reason long story missions always stress me out, because at any moment you can suddenly loose an hour of progress.

@Therxran Acero.3740 said:Last attempt was this morning. Third attempt and STILL getting DC'd at the end of the Almorra fight. I'm with @Thomanson.4765 - either fix it or install checkpoints. Hours of time shot to hell.

Third time here too.Absolutely maddening.On Wednesday, my husband and I did the story. Same internet, sitting next to each other, same party for the first half. Entered the story at the end of the mission and battled Almorra at the same time. I froze and crashed, he did not.

Tried Thursday morning, freeze/crash end. Today, Same thing. :anguished:

• 3 weeks later...

@"Fire Attunement.9835" said:The hotfix that just went out has addressed this: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/100269/game-update-notes-march-17-2020#latest

Some of us still have this issue even after this bugfix. I keep crashing after the cutscene with Almora's death. I can even see the film icon over my character's head (the one you see over other players when they're viewing a cutscene) for a few seconds before it boots me out of the game.

@TheRiverBlues.2607 said:

@"Fire Attunement.9835" said:The hotfix that just went out has addressed this:

Some of us still have this issue even after this bugfix. I keep crashing after the cutscene with Almora's death. I can even see the film icon over my character's head (the one you see over other players when they're viewing a cutscene) for a few seconds before it boots me out of the game.

You can try continuously moving your character or spamming a skill during the cut-scene.

You can try minimizing cut-scenes.You can try changing the 'Streaming' option.You can try a VPN that uses a different path to the ArenaNet servers.You can try any of the other work-arounds found in the Dev-posted thread, 'Storyline Disconnects'.

Good luck.