[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

So it's been bothering me a bit with the Candidate for Khan-Ur achievement giving equivalently nothing at all for the player's hard work. No visible credit to the big episode achievement, no extra AP, no title, no bonus reward, or anything. Just the achievement for completing Forging Steel with all 4 Challenges in place for the run.

In my opinion it would be a good indicator of your qualifications for coordinated based content if there was any other thing to it besides linking say API to someone who took the time to setup a reader piece to someone so they can inspect your achievement qualifications than going by say "link KP and LI", but nobody really does that, so ultimately it's just something done for Imperator ranking achievement.

My other sort of pet-peeve is that in doing the Challenge Modes you don't really get more rewards other than karma and the 1 and done achievements. I wouldn't describe it as a huge issue, but it's rather underwhelming to get less for going through all the trouble.

Hey Anet,

I would be very happy if you could implement a better way of organizing your bank tabs. It would be very cool to give single tabs individual names and to choose permanently if they are closed or open. It is pretty annoying to scroll and scroll every time you open your bank and this should be a pretty nice solution for that.

Thanks and best wishes!

Like tons of people have already said, we need some sort of "wallet" for all the books from the stories. And voice crystals. OMG would that be nice to free up literally 10 spots in my inventory right now on my main. And it NEEDS to be free, because I think a lot of us would just buy the extra bank space if we could afford it, and put our books there or something. But I know I sure as heck can't afford it.

Also, same thing for all the random gadgets we get from story stuff - Brandstone Multitool, Ley-Infused Lodestone, that kind of stuff. It needs to not be cluttering up the inventory.

The "Sentient" objects you feed bloodstone, emp fragments, etc. to would also be nice to condense somehow. In the same way the Ley Energy Converter hourglass thing is set up, maybe we could have just one item that has different tabs where you can feed them all the different materials.

Thanks

Dear ArenaNet,

I just finished the "Ruler of the Skies" achievement. To be honest, it felt a little flat and anticlimactic. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the easy volatile magic and the many opportunities to practice steep climbs on my skyscale, but I gotta say it was a bit...meh.

Here's what you can do to spice it up. Let's change the reward a bit. Imagine, if you will, that these rifts have a bit more of a back story to them. Introducing the "Rift Daemon." See, you could tell the players that the rifts are actually occupied by a Rift Daemon (RD). Closing all those rifts ends up with the RD becoming your new friend. Why would this matter? Because having RD on your side would be useful. Here's two ideas on how RD might be useful:

RD could enable node gathering from a longer distance -- or --

(and this is my favorite), RD could move into the player's home instance and take up residence on the shoulder of M.O.X. Why? Because then RD would guide M.O.X. into the daily gathering of your home instance nodes for you, and have it all ready for pickup when you enter the home instance.

Now, I know, I know, this makes you nervous and you're reaching for the ban account button. But, before you do, think about it. First, nobody is getting anything extra. Home instance is still just home instance. As a matter of fact, if you wanted to stipulate that RD get's to keep something as her cut of the deal, then fine. I'm cool with losing a bit of the daily take for a quality of life improvement. Second, I think players (especially casual players) would have more time to actually play your best content rather than using what little time they have to scrape a few coins out of the home instance. Imagine, more time to play and enjoy the game and less time feeling like having a second job.

So, ANet my friends, consider whether adding the "Rift Daemon" as a reward at the end of "Ruler of the Skies" can be done. I hope you give it some thought. Thanks!

@"MikeG.6389" said:Sure, why not. I have a personal guild hall and this would give me the opportunity to never leave it for services.

I have to note, though, that the unlockable services in EotN are somewhat insulting, to be honest. There is nothing to unlock that you don't get in a city by default, except here you have to pay for them...

I agree with you, and the gold/currency sink.. sorry but as an achievement hunter and completionist, it hurt me to have to "pay" for this achievement, especially after having all the special access areas like Mystlock Sanctuary, I find it useless. And btw is there no repair station? I haven't been able to find one there or am I finally going blind?

Please give salvaging a slightly bigger over-encumbered buffer than opening bags. Every time I right-click on my bags and select "open all", I have to sell some stuff first before I can salvage everything. This makes especially blue and green unidentified gear bothersome to identify.

Or make it so that unidentified gear gets automatically identified before salvaging. This would also open up 3 slots in my invisible bags.

@"MarySueLlama.8136" said:Like tons of people have already said, we need some sort of "wallet" for all the books from the stories. And voice crystals. OMG would that be nice to free up literally 10 spots in my inventory right now on my main. And it NEEDS to be free, because I think a lot of us would just buy the extra bank space if we could afford it, and put our books there or something. But I know I sure as heck can't afford it.

Thanks

Those lore item should be usable from the achievements panel. Where they're already organized. It's just a matter of making those icons clickable and interactive.

So I've been trying to work into learning a few more support builds, so maybe I could start into Raid content and other things a bit better/more useful-like. An issue I've noticed is that you can't really compare how your build/rotations effects others in group content too well like how you have the test golem to compare how other people's effects/boons effects you to even unrealistic proportions. Like with designated builds, certain bits are more situational than others, and we cannot really compare situations of say healing/ keeping allies alive stuff with a friendly golem taking damage and in what kind of ways/variables/conditions, and I think that alone as a feature would be a big help to test that you're doing what you want to be doing without guinea pigging regular players. would also like a similar alternative to seeing how you can effect ally dps situations and even numbers/placements.

Dear Anet,

Please allow me to trade for Legendary Divinations with Skirmish Tickets for Coalescence. I really enjoy WvW and its really all that I log in to do anymore after 8 years, but after countless years of raiding in EQ and WoW, I just do not want to do that anymore. I enjoy logging in and doing WvW roaming or zerg, but I really do not want to raid. I do not like any mechanics that force me to a playstyle that I have to find and organize 10 people to do something. I understand why this is, but this is a QoL thread after all.

Hello, I was very excited to create The Moot, to have my own personal disco ball AND dance floor!! I thought the dance floor footfalls would be visible when my char dances, but sadly, no :'( . Can this be done please? And how about having the disco ball appear over the character's head when dancing? PLEASE?

Thief : Change "Shadow Portal" animation to a green version of Memser's portal animation. Many players don't realize this skill exists. When shadow portal activates, there's very little indication that it's a portal.

Inventory : Allow for the Permanent inventory slots to be floating. They would stay at the top while you scroll your inventory.

Inventory : An option to Deposit all Stackable items into your bank: For any non-full stack of items in your bank , try to fill with items from your inventory.

Trading Post : Filter by un/locked skins.Trading Post : Filter by un/locked dyes.

@mamapapaxp.9203: as in instruction, compile using the AutoHotkey.

But first you can try go through a guild hall to Domain of Vabbi or Auric Basin, and open masteries' panel, Central's are unlocked in those locations (small padlock). And use points there, if you come back to Central without using points, masteries will be locked again.

This gives you some time to continue Central Tyria's story without pop-up, to get to Heart of Thorns in normal way.

@Azteck.2947: maybe list your masteries to compare what makes a problem.

Pop-up checks for the cheapest mastery.Having few Central's points available and any unlearned mastery for that cost - pop-up will nag all the time being in Central.Until you finish masteries' tutorial in expansion or spend points.This will nag:

Central Tyria (available: 5)

• Pact Commander (5/5)
  • Legendary Crafting (3/4) [learning]
  • Fractal Attunement (1/4)

But after learning few Heart of Thorns' masteries, 2 or 3 were needed (I started Gliding, then Exalted, then Itzel Lore): pop-up finally stopped everywhere.Now I have few more masteries, but those didn't break anything yet.

Heart of Thorns (available: 5)

• Gliding (6/6)
  • Itzel Lore (1/6)
  • Exalted Lore (4/5) [learning]
  • Nuhoch Lore (1/6)
  • Ancient Magics (6/6)

Path of Fire (available: 15)

• Raptor Mount (4/4)

Three things related to luck:

First, give us more ways to get rid of luck once we're capped. Is there a reason there isn't a luck buyer during all the other festivals?

Second, give us a way to turn in the 50 luck letters received when a character finishes the last tier 1 storyline mission.

Third, give us some new recipes for 500 luck (2 for 5 exotic luck). Higher amounts would be appreciated as well, as long as number one above is changed as well.