Bug list of Revenant that makes the profession a mess. (Updated 07-07-2020)

Shao.7236

Update: I haven't got to test everything but this is what I got so far.

Decided to create this list for the reminder of people playing or starting to play Revenant, you have those things to put yourself through until they are fixed. This is a repost of a post I have made in the past and have been completely ignored.

* Versed In Stone does not work with RotGD F2.Solution: Fix. Anomaly, tooltip does not update, however it works.

• Hammer 2 on Revenant is still dysfunctional mess after 6 months. Still has no sound and buggy behavior after the recent ground targeting patch.

• Solution: Make Hammer 2 alike with skills that can't be reflected but still count as range, such as Blunderbuss.

• Shortbow is a dysfunctional mess since PoF release. Only 1 4 5 are reliable.Solution: Make 2 hitboxes larger and 3 all seven arrows line redirected in a narrow projectile combined. 4 should also not required line of sight as it interrupts way too often for nothing.

• Most upkeep skills cannot be turned on/off while in the air. Ruining the profession flow, often getting it killed too.Solution: Allowing it.

• Can't Legend Swap in mid air. This is one of the worst bugs, killing a lot of potential. Can't swap while navigating, using hammer 3 or using Call to Anguish as well. Terrible, fix this asap.Solution: This never was a problem in the past, fix it.

• Facets able to reactivate while internal skills are on cooldown, locking players upkeep.Solution: Fix.

• Shield 4 gets blocked by enemy aegis even though it says unblockable and doesn't properly hit teammates.Solution: Fix.

• Soulcleave's Summit keeps draining energy even after leaving legend or being fully drained.Solution: Fix.

• Renegade Summons can't be taunted.Solution: Allow the taunt to actually do something.

• Some skills consume energy before being fully casted making stowing a costly action.Solution: Energy should be consumed at the point of no return with the skills.

• Unrelenting Assault is an inconsistent mess when the initial casted range is broken.Solution: Have the same range 450 units to initiate the skill but increase range that it can chase the target to the same as Soulbeast to 750 units. Avoiding bugs altogether, all skills alike can already chase targets that teleports which is a given.

• Inspiring Reinforcement can be avoided by merely jumping.Solution: It's a cascading attack and thus should hit no matter the state of the player.

Clownmug.8357

• Legend skills reset to default slots if your active legend is changed by switching build templatesSolution: Fix.
  • Icerazor's Ire prioritizes attacking inanimate objects– if placed next to a supply depot it will ignore camp npcs and attack the depotSolution: Fix priorities.
  • Using the shrine jump pads in desert borderland with Kalla active causes energy generation to stop workingSolution: Fix the valid path issue with summons.

ArthurDent.9538

• Phase Traversal consumes energy even without a valid path.Solution: Add a path check.
  • Deathstrike is used even without a valid path.Solution: Add a path check.

Aigleborgne.2981

• Ancient Echo unavailable underwater.Solution: Make it available.

Feel free to post more bugs, I can't seem to remember anything else at the moment. I'll update OP as it goes quoting those who aren't already mentioned, assuming if there's anymore to know about those bugs you can ask those people specifically.

Good list. Are you saying Pulsating Pestilence only transfers condis to one target? I haven't been playing condi Rev much at all since the patch, but if so...yikes.

Your Unrelenting Assault change is what I have also been saying they need to change it to for a while. It's gotta be in the top 5 buggiest skills in the game. Feels like the skill fails completely more often than actually succeeding.

Legend swap being restricted while mid-air feels terrible. Cannot agree with you more.

The only situation off the top of the head that I sometimes like consuming energy immediately is RotGD. It is really nice to be able to swap legends immediately after beginning the skill cast. With that said, it is a stunbreak so would probably need to maintain its current interaction with energy.

You had the right ideas then.

Considerably, since the inner stunbreak of the skill can't be cancelled and occurs right away. Energy should still be consumed, this is how I see the energy consumption as it could drastically also make Revenants less weak to CC because stowing wouldn't be as punishing, so it's still a mixed bag. Right now it's fine but it should be kept in mind.

Like for example Unrelenting Assault can be cancelled but still consumes energy and when you cancel skills like that it still takes 4 seconds before being able to use again so there's definitely a bigger trade off on Revenant than there is on any other classes for weapon stowing.

Yes I have been killed too many times now by merely jumping with the inability to interact with my skills.

Are you saying Pulsating Pestilence only transfers condis to one target? I haven't been playing condi Rev much at all since the patch, but if so...yikes.It's complicated, it only removes 2 conditions from self and transfers 2 of those selected conditions around 5 targets, unlike where as hitting more targets meant more conditions removed from self. When I was playing Condition Revenant in 2v2 I felt extremely underpowered since the patch and during my counter pressure and that was the reason why, it makes Mallyx Facet even more stronger because that one still behaves by tossing conditions all over people in a 600 radius. This makes core only viable in 1v1's mostly when it comes to condition pressure and even then if you fight a Mesmer or Necromancer with minions, you keep most of the conditions regardless while only losing 2. This is bad for Condition Revenant as I often find myself with nearly all conditions in the game everytime, I can't punish spam like before.

Unrelenting Assault bugs out not just due to range but also if you lose quickness or slow during the cast. At least that’s how it used to be and it was possible to reliably bug the skill by casting it right before you lost one of those two, so the solution is not necessarily a simple fix to the range issue but more just a fix to how it attaches in general because there are weird interactions currently in several scenarios

@Shao.7236 said:Does Soulbeast have those problems have all? Sometimes it's understandable because of the no valid path and stuff, but most of the time it doesn't seem to be an issue for the pet or ranger at all.

Soulbeast doesn’t have those issues because it has no cast time for quickness or slow to mess it up. Plus might be coded differently even though it uses the same animation

@Shao.7236 said:

Are you saying Pulsating Pestilence only transfers condis to one target? I haven't been playing condi Rev much at all since the patch, but if so...yikes.It's complicated, it only removes 2 conditions from self and transfers 2 of those selected conditions around 5 targets,
unlike where as hitting more targets meant more conditions removed from self.

I don't think it ever worked that way and would be a little op if it did.

I'll add to the list. This might not be a bug but bothers me since HoT.

• Unable to use Vengeful Hammers during Phase Smash cast, just at the end.
  • Temporal Rift sometimes appears underground when casted before or from elevation.
  • Spiritcrush can't be casted from behind or side - I think it should be an option.
  • Bloodbane Path well, this skill barely strikes 1 hit in PvP.
  • Unrelenting Assault is a joke compared to Ranger's pet skill

@Clownmug.8357 said:

Are you saying Pulsating Pestilence only transfers condis to one target? I haven't been playing condi Rev much at all since the patch, but if so...yikes.It's complicated, it only removes 2 conditions from self and transfers 2 of those selected conditions around 5 targets,

Looking back it seems like it worked like that but even then by your own very statement that means Mallyx Facet is OP because it does exactly that in a unblockable non evadable 600 radius. I was fairly certain it worked like that though because there was times I had a lot of conditions and would get rid of all them in a flash by legend swapping in the middle of a teamfight.

@DonArkanio.6419Vengeful Hammers is due to being in midair, you can't legend swap in phase smash because it's considered midair.Temporal Rift is pretty RNG I agree, sometimes I'm able to make it climb, sometimes I can't, jumping helps a lot though.Yeah the bows were mentioned, though even when CC'd sometimes it still misses too. For 4 I'm pretty sure it's intentional.Totally agree.

Phase traversal and Deathstrike both go on full cooldown/consume energy if attempting to use them on a non valid path where as steal, infiltrator's strike/signet, blink, judges intervention, symbol of blades, lightning flash, etc. can all be spammed without penalty until a valid path is established.

@Shao.7236 said:

Looking back it seems like it worked like that but even then by your own very statement that means Mallyx Facet is OP because it does exactly that in a unblockable non evadable 600 radius. I was fairly certain it worked like that though because there was times I had a lot of conditions and would get rid of all them in a flash by legend swapping in the middle of a teamfight.

Well I wish it had worked like that way for me all the times I struggled to fight condi mirages. :/

Anyways, here are some more bugs for the topic:

• Legend skills reset to default slots if your active legend is changed by switching build templates
  • Icerazor's Ire prioritizes attacking inanimate objects– if placed next to a supply depot it will ignore camp npcs and attack the depot
  • Using the shrine jump pads in desert borderland with Kalla active causes energy generation to stop working

Using an passice facet ,while getting stunned, being stunned or changing legends make its Passive be normal ,but the active be on cooldown.So we have to wait the cooldown and waste energy until we can end the passive buffing

Not long and we can count the revenant as an selectable/playable bug, instead of a profession.

@Clownmug.8357 said:

The difference comes from the fact that it used to copy the conditions but with the transfer you no longer have the draw back of them still being on you so it makes sense that its only one target. Is basically a more controlled way of eventually epidemic being useful again but not allowing both epidemic and the mallyx condition pulling to the rev multiply the conditions being sent back multiplying by 10 for each 10 seconds of epidemic/copying. The old method for the longest time was great way to reach the damage cap of conditions in wvw by 200k damage per damaging condition per second. So it was great trolling but also a well kept secret that it also was a great way to farm precursors so what some viewed as stupidity from zerg diving into people I called it free gold :)

@Klypto.1703 said:

The difference comes from the fact that it used to copy the conditions but with the transfer you no longer have the draw back of them still being on you so it makes sense that its only one target. Is basically a more controlled way of eventually epidemic being useful again but not allowing both epidemic and the mallyx condition pulling to the rev multiply the conditions being sent back multiplying by 10 for each 10 seconds of epidemic/copying. The old method for the longest time was great way to reach the damage cap of conditions in wvw by 200k damage per damaging condition per second. So it was great trolling but also a well kept secret that it also was a great way to farm precursors so what some viewed as stupidity from zerg diving into people I called it free gold :)

You're thinking of the pre-2018 version, all versions have been multi-target though. What I think Shao was saying is that it used to transfer 3 conditions per target hit, but from my experience it always seemed to remove only 3 conditions, then copy those 3 to nearby targets.