Make torment punish teleports

GewRoo.4172

@Sanity Obscure.6054 said:At least with confusion you can still move and dodge without the immob implication caused by torment.At least with Torment I can still use skill without the 'stop fighting back' implication cause by Confusion.

At the end, both conditions take away gameplay from the afflicted and make playing the game less fun.Being punished for trying to fight back is a bad concept.

@"Fueki.4753" said:At the end, both conditions take away gameplay from the afflicted and make playing the game less fun.Being punished for trying to fight back is a bad concept.

GW1 Mesmer (whom everyone praise) had the exact same mechanic. Example 1, Example 2

It's literally mesmer's theme. It does not makes the game less fun, it makes the game fun on a meta level.

@Tayga.3192 said:

@"Fueki.4753" said:At the end, both conditions take away gameplay from the afflicted and make playing the game less fun.Being punished for trying to fight back is a bad concept.

GW1 Mesmer (whom everyone praise) had the exact same mechanic.

It's literally mesmer's theme. It does not makes the game less fun, it makes the game fun on a meta level.And most players probably prefer to enjoy games directly instead on some elevated meta level.

Also, the GW1 examples weren't spammable, like Torment and Confusion have become in GW2.

@Fueki.4753 said:And most players probably prefer to enjoy games directly instead on some elevated meta level.I never heard of such statistics.

Also, the GW1 examples weren't spammable, like Torment and Confusion have become in GW2.Well here you go, the problem is the spam as always. It's not that those conditions are badly designed, the bad thing is 20 stacks of torment and 10 stacks of confusion.

@Tayga.3192 said:It's literally mesmer's theme. It does not makes the game less fun, it makes the game fun on a meta level.

Yeah, but those were specific casts with one time hits. I do remember some skills that drained health at a set tempo, which even then was better to acknowledge and counterplay with a set number (-5 or -9, for example), than the sudden tick of tens of stacks of torment. I enjoyed GW1 Mesmer skills because they had a variety of implements - knockdowns and interrupts for when a type of skill was cast, health drains, energy drains (for casting skills, not GW2's energy system ofc). That is far more rewarding than just condi bursting.

@Sanity Obscure.6054 said:Yeah, but those were specific casts with one time hits. I do remember some skills that drained health at a set tempo, which even then was better to acknowledge and counterplay with a set number (-5 or -9, for example), than the sudden tick of tens of stacks of torment. I enjoyed GW1 Mesmer skills because they had a variety of implements - knockdowns and interrupts for when a type of skill was cast, health drains, energy drains (for casting skills, not GW2's energy system ofc). That is far more rewarding than just condi bursting.

Yea the problem is the application, which I agree.