Legendary Equipment and Templates - [Merged]

Just swap out your bow from your inventory at that point?

You did not get the point at all, did you? I can't, because it loses its stats and upgrades, as it is a legendary with legendary upgrades that is being used in two loadouts with different stats/upgrades.

That was the whole point of my complaint, that I cannot just swap it from my inventory (I wish I could!).

@phantom.1675 said:The only thing I am going to be looking for is a way to refund the two extra sets of WvW legendary armor that I crafted for the sole purpose of having the stat swap and other legendary functionality. As this update completely invalidates these legendary pieces (there is no unique skin), a refund of the large material sink seems warranted. It should be easy enough to add a vendor that you can trade legendary armor pieces to for bags of the materials used to craft them. Even if this only broke the materials down into components used in other legendaries more generally (like gift of blood, gift of venom etc), I think that would be a good thing. Of course refunding the extremely timegated skirmish tickets and pvp currencies would also be required to make this work.

Not doing something like this is precisely equivalent to announcing tomorrow that all characters get 6 equipment and build templates for free, and no refund for already purchased add-ons will be available. Remember gold in game = gems in the store.

I think adding achievements for collecting the wvw/pvp armors (like there is for the raid armor) and/or adding a unique animated skin would be one thing make the extra armor pieces have some value and is worth looking into in parallel. However, since a lot of people will be in a position like me (just wanted the extra functional part), I think giving players the option to get the mats back to use on other now very desireable legendaries (like a 2nd sword or the like) would be most fair and not too much additional work.

Should Anet also calculate the gold you saved from constantly switching stats for free (and hence got your money's worth from your leggy armors) and deduct it from the total refund, too?

@Voltekka.2375 said:

@phantom.1675 said:The only thing I am going to be looking for is a way to refund the two extra sets of WvW legendary armor that I crafted for the sole purpose of having the stat swap and other legendary functionality. As this update completely invalidates these legendary pieces (there is no unique skin), a refund of the large material sink seems warranted. It should be easy enough to add a vendor that you can trade legendary armor pieces to for bags of the materials used to craft them. Even if this only broke the materials down into components used in other legendaries more generally (like gift of blood, gift of venom etc), I think that would be a good thing. Of course refunding the extremely timegated skirmish tickets and pvp currencies would also be required to make this work.

Not doing something like this is precisely equivalent to announcing tomorrow that all characters get 6 equipment and build templates for free, and no refund for already purchased add-ons will be available. Remember gold in game = gems in the store.

I think adding achievements for collecting the wvw/pvp armors (like there is for the raid armor) and/or adding a unique animated skin would be one thing make the extra armor pieces have some value and is worth looking into in parallel. However, since a lot of people will be in a position like me (just wanted the extra functional part), I think giving players the option to get the mats back to use on other now very desireable legendaries (like a 2nd sword or the like) would be most fair and not too much additional work.

Should Anet also calculate the gold you saved from constantly switching stats for free (and hence got your money's worth from your leggy armors) and deduct it from the total refund, too?

I mean I will be honest, the value of items derives from others not having them. If I have 9 sets of armors, that should be me a material advantage over people with 3. If it doesn't anet has failed. And in my view, failure should be deleted.

@phantom.1675 said:

I mean I will be honest, the value of items derives from others not having them. If I have 9 sets of armors, that should be me a material advantage over people with 3. If it doesn't anet has failed. And in my view, failure should be deleted.

No. Just no. I have multiple leggy armor sets, and I demand no refund, they have paid for themselves with all the theorycrafting, rune swap, statswap.I also have 2 Copper salvage o matics, bought em before shared inv was a thing. Did i use those 2 items? I sure did. Was it failure cause Anet introduced shared inv? Again, no. I used em for a long time.Same applies here. If you have 9 sets of armor, you used em a lot. Now you want... A refund.I disagree.

@DragonFlykm.8621 said:I think by now, people might have the same concern as me. Mystic Coins are already going up quite a bit. These can be quite hard to get and so can the mystic clovers we use them for. I just wondering what people think is a good price for the Mystic Coins in general, as new players are gonna have an even harder time than longer players at getting a load as the price increases. Personally around 1g a coin is not bad or maybe even up to 1g 50s is okay too. But when you need 500 for a Gen 2, it becomes quite a burdon.Is there any plans on Mystic Coins and Mystic Clovers like a few new ways to acquire them, or are we just gonna hafta pay the rediculous price it will probably go up too.

It's not the first time this topic has arisen. There are several methods to obtaining Mystic Coins and Clovers already in existence. That player's don't wish to use them is not the same thing as there not being sufficient means of acquiring them. If players don't want to do those activities, or wish to get more coins/clovers faster, that is why gold exists, and players just have to farm that gold and buy what they need.

I wouldn't care if ANET added mystic coins to the Strike Mission daily chest in the next patch for example, but players who have wealth tied to stacks of Mystic Coins might have a different opinion.

I've crafted 2 legendary backpacks, two Gen 1 and one Gen 2.5 weapon, have completed a full set of legendary armor and am currently working on a second, and I have never purchased a mystic coin from the TP, and haven't gambled for any since my 1st legendary weapon.

The price of MCs is high, to the point where it costs more to complete a HoT Elite Specialization ascended weapon than it does just crafting a generic ascended weapon from scratch, but I don't expect to see anything change anytime soon.

I love the idea! The reason why I haven't make more than 1 legendary yet (it was the fractal backpack that I have), is because of the cost of making wouldn't improve any conveniece, which I I'd rather use multiple sets of ascended for diffrent builds so I don't have to transfer things and it's also cheaper.

If the armory would provide this QoL, I'd finally be going all out to finish making the leg armor set (done all the required quests but do not have enough LI/p.token), and to continue grinding for Nevermore (my favourite weapon in the game).

I'm very looking forward to this!

@Voltekka.2375 said:

No. Just no. I have multiple leggy armor sets, and I demand no refund, they have paid for themselves with all the theorycrafting, rune swap, statswap.I also have 2 Copper salvage o matics, bought em before shared inv was a thing. Did i use those 2 items? I sure did. Was it failure cause Anet introduced shared inv? Again, no. I used em for a long time.Same applies here. If you have 9 sets of armor, you used em a lot. Now you want... A refund.I disagree.

I haven't used them a lot. I crafted one of them only a month back and have stat swapped on it only 5-6 times.

I specifically didn't go for other legendaries in order to get the armors. IE, I don't have any trinkets at all because of it. The WvW armors offer no additional skins either. If they added a fully animated skin like the raid armors have that is distinct from the ascended armor, then I would listen.

I am not overflowing with cash and making 2 additional sets was a big cost for me. Again, my original build template argument stands - it's the same as giving everyone 5 templates by default and not giving refunds to players that bought extra build templates. They wouldn't do that because it's stupid. Exactly, and that's what this is.

This is a great feature honestly, for the sake of future QoL I hope it pushes through.

I just hope people who made multiple copies of legendary weapons or multiple sets of legendary armors get duly compensated for their efforts, people most likely didn't craft those t2 and t3 wvw legendary armors for the skins.. ugh..

at the least they really shouldn't kitten over the people who worked hard and dedicated so much effort into the game. legendaries aren't easy to acquire in the slightest, at least for the regular gamer, people who're downplaying the loss are cray.

@eXruina.4956 said:

@"Voltekka.2375" said:No. Just no. I have multiple leggy armor sets, and I demand no refund,

Thats you.. world isn't just about you..

Some people do want that refund or compensation and its rightfully deserved given the difficulty and resources to attain legendary gear.

Awesome contradicting yourself there. "Rightfully deserved". They rightfully used all armors, they rightfully enjoyed the QoL for months/years. And now it is somehow... "Rightful". Riiiiiight.

As already been mentioned by many of us, what about us guys who have 7+ sets of legendary armor for each character?Are we getting compensation?If we knew this was coming we wouldn't have got additional sets of legendary armor!Please Anet, give us some compensation for this!

Can we have an update please on the planned timing of the release of this? Some/many of us were expecting it would go live on March 31, but for some reason this was not "the next update". Was this part of the April Fool's content? Or is this a real addition coming to the game?

@"Voltekka.2375" said:Awesome contradicting yourself there. "Rightfully deserved". They rightfully used all armors, they rightfully enjoyed the QoL for months/years. And now it is somehow... "Rightful". Riiiiiight.

lol.. learn to read.. alriiiiiight.. "rightfully deserved given the difficulty and resources to attain legendary gear.", and you talk like legendary gear falls out of the sky, why don't you mail us all some legendaries since you're downplaying their value so much.. >___~

@eXruina.4956 said:

@"Voltekka.2375" said:Awesome contradicting yourself there. "Rightfully deserved". They rightfully used all armors, they rightfully enjoyed the QoL for months/years. And now it is somehow... "Rightful". Riiiiiight.

lol.. learn to read.. alriiiiiight.. "rightfully deserved given the difficulty and resources to attain legendary gear.", and you talk like legendary gear falls out of the sky, why don't you mail us all some legendaries since you're downplaying their value so much.. >___~

I actually can mail you legendaries, which invalidates everything you said. If you think attaining legendary gear is "difficult", I'm not sure what else to tell you. It is possible to acquire legendary gear using nothing more than a mouse, the W key and the 1 key. You can think I'm joking, but I'm completely serious, and that speaks to your lack of understanding on the subject.

@"Turkeyspit.3965" said:I actually can mail you legendaries, which invalidates everything you said. If you think attaining legendary gear is "difficult", I'm not sure what else to tell you. It is possible to acquire legendary gear using nothing more than a mouse, the W key and the 1 key. You can think I'm joking, but I'm completely serious, and that speaks to your lack of understanding on the subject.Oh really now, to see is to believe and at the moment you've invalidated nothing, and why stop at me, mail a legendary to everyone since like you said all it takes is a mouse, the w key and the 1 key. >___~

Actions speak louder than words friend, and so far you're just all talk. ^^