World Linking 3/27/2020

Cal Cohen.2358

Man Sbi is the bandwagon to beat all bandwagons. Like foe rocking 7 catas to take a t0 garry on a ded map and oppa and sin and sea and and and. Like how is that even fun for you. Stacking to that level and going lol I'm so good a wvw. You embarrass the whole mode with your small D's

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Silent Shino.7239 said:I decided to check the wvw matchups for old times sake because I figured what the hey. My beloved AG has been linked up with Riverside.

Kitten

Well it works for the moment. Last time AG was a bunch of roamers, no teamplay, no teamspeak/discord, which was the reason the last WvW Guild left and went to Desolation at the end of the link.

@Jilora.9524 said:

@apoko.5246 said:Why is the reason for not giving Piken a link? do you not like the server in over a year we have had 1 link. we struggle in tier 4/5 until we had a link yes we are a full server but 95% is PVE, our WVW team is minimal at the best of times but you know this. Why do other servers always get a link who have a high population. Give me a valid reason to why we keep not getting a link. Also lots will be leaving over next 8 weeks had enough of this bull-kitten

Because you stack. You were full no link everyone left. So many left you dropped down to medium. Then you were medium and got a link. What did you do? You all transferred back and loaded up the link to play in T1/T2. You put so many hours in so again you became full and were top 3 in hours so no link. Stop playing innocent. It's just like BG in NA. Any time there is a link added you both get to play in T1/T2 because you constantly abuse the system. So leave just like last time and come back in 7 weeks when you med with a link again

Simply get your facts right, we are not full by any means in WVW, we were 3rd in t2 on last week so would have gone down to tier 3 with a link. There are servers that are full that still get links, every time. this is not a one off as I have stated we had one link in a year. so stop talking abouit last time as if it was meaningfull, we have been in tier 4/5 for majority of the year.

@apoko.5246 said:

@apoko.5246 said:Why is the reason for not giving Piken a link? do you not like the server in over a year we have had 1 link. we struggle in tier 4/5 until we had a link yes we are a full server but 95% is PVE, our WVW team is minimal at the best of times but you know this. Why do other servers always get a link who have a high population. Give me a valid reason to why we keep not getting a link. Also lots will be leaving over next 8 weeks had enough of this bull-kitten

Because you stack. You were full no link everyone left. So many left you dropped down to medium. Then you were medium and got a link. What did you do? You all transferred back and loaded up the link to play in T1/T2. You put so many hours in so again you became full and were top 3 in hours so no link. Stop playing innocent. It's just like BG in NA. Any time there is a link added you both get to play in T1/T2 because you constantly abuse the system. So leave just like last time and come back in 7 weeks when you med with a link again

Simply get your facts right, we are not full by any means in WVW, we were 3rd in t2 on last week so would have gone down to tier 3 with a link. There are servers that are full that still get links, every time. this is not a one off as I have stated we had one link in a year. so stop talking abouit last time as if it was meaningfull, we have been in tier 4/5 for majority of the year.

Yeah make an alt account to comment for the 1st time like we have no idea who Piken players are. You are full now because you all transferred back. We know the drill. Piken is full and has nobody. Piken gets a link and stacks up to full again. Piken gets no link andcomplains we can't play with our guildies and why are we full and anet look at threshold. All Piken transfers off to new bandwagon area then comes running back when medium again. You get you facts straight.

@phreeak.1023 said:

@Silent Shino.7239 said:I decided to check the wvw matchups for old times sake because I figured what the hey. My beloved AG has been linked up with Riverside.

Kitten

Well it works for the moment. Last time AG was a bunch of roamers, no teamplay, no teamspeak/discord, which was the reason the last WvW Guild left and went to Desolation at the end of the link.

Pretty sure they left because RS did nothing but PPT in the morning which pushed us up and then when the other servers came out to play the RS ppl logged off. But I guess we all have our own version of the truth.

@hallonknopp.6532 said:

Kitten

Pretty sure they left because RS did nothing but PPT in the morning which pushed us up and then when the other servers came out to play the RS ppl logged off. But I guess we all have our own version of the truth.

The truth is, i was on their discord and they said it. Very few ppl cared for coordinated leads with discord/Teamspeak on AG. Tbats why most people from BAD (now SALT) left.

I love how Anet keeps fairly active servers with links, open for cheap mass transfers for weeks and months and with a fairly active host, to create another potential host server as other servers are full, before it probably dies on the next relink, as people buy gems to transfer off in numbers, which creates chaos for the Server, due to the queues.

Maybe they will shrink it back to Four Tiers again next time again or make relinking once a month for a couple of months, because I don't know what they will do next, as long as Alliances never happens in the next 2-3 years.

Linking was a means to an end to encourage some lower tier servers to still be able to join the game and have fun because of the population, that was 3 years ago. This game is very frustrating when Developers continue to ignore the plea of WvW players. Please take a moment to consider the damage this is causing, because if WvW is the tool for marking active servers due to activity, how can you look at current MU and say its an accurate system. The current linking system is terrible, and the only way you will get an accurate indicator is to change the system of bandwagoning and lock the servers for first 2 weeks so you can get accurate information. I realise this is a business, and you need the income, but to the detriment of the game, you will continue to lose players at alarming rate. Look at the guild activities, 300 guild members, 20-30 players left, 270 have not played for months and some years, and that's most guilds. Is their any feedback on Alliance which are now also a long time overdue. Save the game, change the system.

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:

@"CrimsonNeonite.1048" said:I love how Anet keeps bandwagon link servers open for cheap mass transfers for weeks and months, to create another potential host server as other servers are full, before it probably dies on the next relink, as people buy gems to transfer off in numbers.

Maybe they will shrink it back to Four Tiers again next time again or make relinking once a month for a couple of months, because I don't know what they will do next, as long as Alliances never happens in the next 2-3 years.

Their main revenue stream is WvW players who can't stand losing and have to stack up so they can K-train. There must be 100's of transfers every re-link and yes the system promotes stacking then that server becomes full so they either stack a new one or stack the link of an already strong one.

This argument always struck me as odd. Let's do some quick math!For the sake of the argument, let's assume they all transfer to a very highly populated server (1800 gems) and pay them entirely with real currency, not through gold. 800 gems selling for 10 €/$, that is 22,5 €/$ per transfer. Hundreds of transfers every relink, you say? Let's assume 500? That's 11250 €/$ per two months. Let's assume that is net money ANet actually makes, no taxes or whatever deduced from it.

I just took an arbitrary website 1 to estimate how much a software developer makes and it seems to be roughly around $ 71,200 per year, that is $ 5,933 per month. So one software developer would eat the entire revenue from what I have assumed here they make through server transfers. According to LinkedIn 2 ArenaNet has somewhat between 200 and 500 employees. Obviously not all of them are software developers and their salary will probably differ from the ~6k I talked about above.

But I somehow doubt the whole server transfer business is as lucrative for ANet as some players like to picture it. So if we could maybe stop that narrative, that would be great.

@"VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618" said:I am glad it is 5 tiers again. The queues were insane lately. Now they are still bad at times, but at least one map is open most of the time.

It's only been less than week though. People generally still move around if they want to move, especially if a link server stays high or medium pop for a couple of weeks.

Some Guilds might end up stacking on a link server, with a host that has plenty of Guilds already; who might Raid in WvW at the same times and days of the week, as some move without asking someone from a host server about the state of the server.

@"VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618" said:I am glad it is 5 tiers again. The queues were insane lately. Now they are still bad at times, but at least one map is open most of the time.

Which server? No queues on prime time. Outnumbered almost all the time on Desolation, which is supposedly "full" server (Arenanet should change their metrics or update them more often).

@Deniara Devious.3948 said:

Which server? No queues on prime time. Outnumbered almost all the time on Desolation, which is supposedly "full" server (Arenanet should change their metrics or update them more often).

GH+FoW.

T1 EU is actually balanced in terms of PPT this week, even though it doesn't really matter who wins T1 anymore. Being perma T1 for 5 months has not been worth it.

It does seem a bit one sided in terms of fights or pretty inactive, as alot of guilds left Deso during the last link, but you'll have to wait a couple of weeks until each server starts to settle in their right tiers.

@CrimsonNeonite.1048 said:T1 EU is actually balanced in terms of PPT this week, even though it doesn't really matter who wins T1 anymore. Being perma T1 for 5 months has not been worth it.

It does seem a bit one sided in terms of fights or pretty inactive, as alot of guilds left Deso during the last link, but you'll have to wait a couple of weeks until each server starts to settle in their right tiers.

We are now T1 and i am happy if we drop out again. Underworld ist just pptn and running away from everything. They let WSR alone.

That's result till now (reset was only yesterday) in 2 servers vs 1, because one server is afraid of the other one and the other server is bored of the other one. Dont think it's getting any better this week than fighting on homes and ebg against 2 blobs constantly and can't upgrade anything.

@phreeak.1023 said:

@CrimsonNeonite.1048 said:T1 EU is actually balanced in terms of PPT this week, even though it doesn't really matter who wins T1 anymore. Being perma T1 for 5 months has not been worth it.

We are now T1 and i am happy if we drop out again. Underworld ist just pptn and running away from everything. They let WSR alone.

That's result till now (reset was only yesterday) in 2 servers vs 1, because one server is afraid of the other one and the other server is bored of the other one. Dont think it's getting any better this week than fighting on homes and ebg against 2 blobs constantly and can't upgrade anything.

2v1 is normal, especially against the weaker or stronger server on a map where one server is disorganized, but most servers couldn't' be bothered or lacked the population and coverage to 'win' Skirmishes day or night so it would be pointless. WSR was double our kd after the relink which wasn't a surprise, because they still have a strong community with commanders, pugs and guilds.

We used to have a good WvW community, but all we have left is a few guilds, few fight commanders, night cappers and pugs who won't just cloud around off tag and wipe against more organized servers/zergs. It's only partly Anet's fault too, since Links allow people to stack on some servers by coincidence or not, which causes queues and imbalance like in the previous T1. We only won every match up with the last link, because of Chatmanders and overpopulation, now we have to wait for Deso to open or wait for the relink.

Desos doing okay> @CrimsonNeonite.1048 said:

2v1 is normal, especially against the weaker or stronger server on a map where one server is disorganized, but most servers couldn't' be bothered or lacked the population and coverage to 'win' Skirmishes day or night so it would be pointless. WSR was double our kd after the relink which wasn't a surprise, because they still have a strong community with commanders, pugs and guilds.

We used to have a good WvW community, but all we have left is a few guilds, few fight commanders, night cappers and pugs who won't just cloud around off tag and wipe against more organized servers/zergs. It's only partly Anet's fault too, since Links allow people to stack on some servers by coincidence or not, which causes queues and imbalance like in the previous T1. We only won every match up with the last link, because of Chatmanders and overpopulation, now we have to wait for Deso to open or wait for the relink.

Nah, people are definitely getting more active on Desolation now that they're needed. It is just GH gives WSR vibes they gave up logging in so fast. GH link FoW has at least 7 guilds ((FaLL, PT, Ng, Dmon, Jd, TLS, BB) + vabbi boys now. Guildless group just can't beat guildful ones.

But yea Deso hopefully opens up tommorow as Very High and then we get a few nice 1800 gem long-term people in. Overall state of WvW on Deso is much better now than with a link because there is at least something to do even if we can gather max 30 in squad for now against these little overstacked servers.