Bug list of Revenant that makes the profession a mess. (Updated 07-07-2020)

Shao.7236

@Clownmug.8357 said:

Are you saying Pulsating Pestilence only transfers condis to one target? I haven't been playing condi Rev much at all since the patch, but if so...yikes.It's complicated, it only removes 2 conditions from self and transfers 2 of those selected conditions around 5 targets,
unlike where as hitting more targets meant more conditions removed from self.

I don't think it ever worked that way and would be a little op if it did.

The difference comes from the fact that it used to copy the conditions but with the transfer you no longer have the draw back of them still being on you so it makes sense that its only one target. Is basically a more controlled way of eventually epidemic being useful again but not allowing both epidemic and the mallyx condition pulling to the rev multiply the conditions being sent back multiplying by 10 for each 10 seconds of epidemic/copying. The old method for the longest time was great way to reach the damage cap of conditions in wvw by 200k damage per damaging condition per second. So it was great trolling but also a well kept secret that it also was a great way to farm precursors so what some viewed as stupidity from zerg diving into people I called it free gold :)

You're thinking of the pre-2018 version, all versions have been multi-target though. What I think Shao was saying is that it used to transfer 3 conditions per target hit, but from my experience it always seemed to remove only 3 conditions, then copy those 3 to nearby targets.

Nah, after looking back. It was often Escape, Cleansing Channel and Pulsating Pestilence together which gave me those massive cleanses.

@Shao.7236 said:

Are you saying Pulsating Pestilence only transfers condis to one target? I haven't been playing condi Rev much at all since the patch, but if so...yikes.It's complicated, it only removes 2 conditions from self and transfers 2 of those selected conditions around 5 targets,

The difference comes from the fact that it used to copy the conditions but with the transfer you no longer have the draw back of them still being on you so it makes sense that its only one target. Is basically a more controlled way of eventually epidemic being useful again but not allowing both epidemic and the mallyx condition pulling to the rev multiply the conditions being sent back multiplying by 10 for each 10 seconds of epidemic/copying. The old method for the longest time was great way to reach the damage cap of conditions in wvw by 200k damage per damaging condition per second. So it was great trolling but also a well kept secret that it also was a great way to farm precursors so what some viewed as stupidity from zerg diving into people I called it free gold :)

You're thinking of the pre-2018 version, all versions have been multi-target though. What I think Shao was saying is that it used to transfer 3 conditions per target hit, but from my experience it always seemed to remove only 3 conditions, then copy those 3 to nearby targets.

Nah, after looking back. It was often Escape, Cleansing Channel and Pulsating Pestilence together which gave me those massive cleanses.

Pulsating actually said "copied" in the description iirc

Also great thread!

I really like that it's all just bugs etc without involving any balance issues.

I would like to add casttime skills and legend swapping as an issue. Where the energy is drained after the swap (very noticeable on citadel bombardment).

@lodjur.1284 said:

Also great thread!

I would like to add casttime skills and legend swapping as an issue. Where the energy is drained after the swap (very noticeable on citadel bombardment).

That copied was pretty much a tooltip mistake since transfer was it's new function, it's too late to test any of that now anyway. What led me to be confused is the 5 target max.

I still think that skills using energy of another legend on swap is intentional due to the interrupt factor. Having to pick from instant loss energy or not for skills that are costly. I honestly prefer Jade Winds for example to take energy when the skill ends rather than not. Even if it means to miss it on a blind that could have been removed from a swap.

@Shao.7236 said:

Also great thread!

That copied was pretty much a tooltip mistake since transfer was it's new function, it's too late to test any of that now anyway. What led me to be confused is the 5 target max.

I thin that they were going for was, you remove 3 condis from yourself, and put copies of those 3 condis on up to 5 other players, imo the tooltip was extremely bad (new one has the same, but with 2 condis).

Which is how the other rev transfers work, true nature Demon and the new permeating pestilence

They should probably clarify that on the tooltip somehow though.

I still think that skills using energy of another legend on swap is intentional due to the interrupt factor. Having to pick from instant loss energy or not for skills that are costly. I honestly prefer Jade Winds for example to take energy when the skill ends rather than not. Even if it means to miss it on a blind that could have been removed from a swap.

Personal preference would be

Remove every when skill startsRefund if interrupted (for any reason including weapon stow)(and if still on same legend only obviously)

Or they could just make citadel bombardment instant (or like 1/4 sec) as it's imo the only skill where this is a "major" issue

@Shao.7236 said:@lodjur.1284

I'm all for casting Bombardment faster because it's; RNG projectiles, slow, spreaded, extremely telegraphed.

Refund part sounds a bit OP though.

Well I mean it's essentially like now, only plays nicer with legend swap mid cast. Also means that you can't self interrupt them with upkeep skills.

You wouldn't be able to actually net any energy.

Like say you cast bombardment, it costs 30 energy.

Currently, finishing the castYou start the cast, no energy has been usedYou finish it, the energy is spent

Currently, interrupting itYou start the cast, no energy has been usedYou interrupt it, no energy has been used

With my suggestion, finishing the castYou start the cast, energy is used, can safely stance swapYou finish it, you get no refund

With my suggestion, interrupting itYou start the cast, energy is used,You interrupt it, you get the 30 energy you spent back (unless you stance swapped in such case you obviously get nothing)

Legendary skill icons do not display properly in the skill bar - Facet of Elements currently for me shows the icon for Facet of Strength (and vice versa), and when I activate it, it doesn't switch to the icon for active skill. Furthermore when I just tried to turn off Impossible Odds I got the error - "you need to have an enemy targeted"....because it switched skills and skill icons around.Yeah, Revenant is not in a good state....

For bombardment maybe it would be better if the core skill was a lone bomb ,maybe even a bit smaller area and when traited then it gets more bombs or in a bigger area , dunno an idea to get rid of the rng because i dont think there are more clases with a rng area skill like us, id even understand uf the dmg were lowered a bit to compensate having a not rng skill( at least it would be a sure dmg skill)

Unrelenting Assault needs to be made instant like SlB Smoke Assault.It's always the long windup which makes it cancel itself or disrupt itself when targets move to different elevations.

It makes no sense why Revenant's trademark skill which was featured in HoT trailer as well as used by poster boy Rythlock would bug consistently and always fail to achieve its full potential.

It could also use a slight range increase as well to make the casting smoother.

Imo it should be made 500 Range and instant cast.This should fix a majority of the problems it has with target cast and tracking.

@Yasai.3549 said:Unrelenting Assault needs to be made instant like SlB Smoke Assault.It's always the long windup which makes it cancel itself or disrupt itself when targets move to different elevations.

It makes no sense why Revenant's trademark skill which was featured in HoT trailer as well as used by poster boy Rythlock would bug consistently and always fail to achieve its full potential.

It could also use a slight range increase as well to make the casting smoother.

Imo it should be made 500 Range and instant cast.This should fix a majority of the problems it has with target cast and tracking.

People are going to whine about it being too OP because no counter play, I'm already being told that Revenant is still OP as core anyway despite all the stupid bugs.

@Shao.7236 said:

People are going to whine about it being too OP because no counter play, I'm already being told that Revenant is still OP as core anyway despite all the stupid bugs.

Any half decent player knows Revenant's weakness and how to force them onto the defensive, which is very bad for Revenant since their weapon skills and utilities all share the same resource bar. (which is made worse now that alot of Weaponskills now has significantly long cooldowns)

Problem is alot of poorly skilled players are extremely vocal about whatever manages to best them and only want to see it die.Herald was pretty strong, but it wasn't because of Revenant, it was stupid Offhand sword.

Revenant already being a profession with double limitation to offset their strength was made even harder to play because people kept calling for nerfs to the point where the effects of these nerfs are outright crippling Revenant's gameplay.

At least we still have PvE right? pfft.

• 3 weeks later...

Another big one that I reported a long time ago and forgot about till recently is how structure type bosses like Tequatl and Conjured Amalgamate are completely immune to impossible odds damage, if you try hitting them with impossible odds running you will see the an obstructed message spammed regardless of where you stand which is impossible odds being obstructed by who knows what, and it just does no damage.

Sometimes if you have facets active as Herald on land, and then enter water, it will keep the facets active, but no boons will be pulsed out until you reset them. (Use the abilities, wait for recharge, reactivate) This also happens when leaving water and stepping onto solid ground. It's a pain.

Glad I'm not the only one who finds this class frustrating. It has great ideas but shoddy execution -- I love the idea that your strength comes from channeling powerful spirits, but it doesn't mesh well with the lengthy cooldowns and borked casting times for everything other than the auto-attack. Perhaps it would completely unbalance the class, but I think the energy should work more like the Thief's initiative -- you start with X amount and every ability causes that number to tick down and can't be replenished outside of swapping to a new legend. This would play into the bursty nature of the class but make it more vulnerable if you blow all your energy immediately. Of course, this would require a complete overhaul of the mechanics and is therefore a pipe dream. I just hate seeing its potential so utterly wasted. >_<

Unrelenting assault: Well for starters it says you evade or well its always counted as evade when using it, and strike enemies. Then why in the heck can we be stunned and CC'd out of it? I've been Cc'd out of it by Spell-breakers will full counter but this NEVER HAPPENS to my soul-beast companions when using their smokescale skill. Also you can still get stuck in walls which has been an issue ever since the class launched in HoT. Also in WvW the Skill will target Flag poles, sometimes other objects which I have always found strange and I've never understood why it feels like the actually animation prior to using it feels like it takes literally forever to fire off. You allow ranger to have an Instant cast version of the EXACT SAME SKILL we have, and it hits harder with the same gear and has less issues? Can we have that version please? Would be nice.

CoR Still doesn't hit anything, at least I've never seen it hit anything really and the few times I have it hits like a noodle.. Working as intended I suppose.

Staff 5 as a whole is a mess, I know its not a bug but what you've done to it is unforgivable. Fix it.

Sometimes I notice Glints Facets get "Stuck" and when I say stuck, I mean I fire them off and they continue to take energy from me and I get locked in the animation of firing them (Specifically with the Elite skill.) And when I swap back to another legend, sometimes rarely it acts like the facets are still present.

As listed above Build templates no like Rev.

CC breaks failing to break CC's, This is a big issue considering you ripped Empty vessel out of us without compensation of any kind. I use my CC break and oh look, it didn't fire once so ever either because for some reason it has the same spinny wheel my other skills get when cc'd or because it simply.wont.fire. FIX.THIS.NOW!

Do I even really need to discuss shortbow.... this whole weapon is a bug... at least it feels like it most of the time...

Phase Traversal: Now this is an odd one, it fires off whether you can see the target but fails to take you to it. It also has pathing issues on elevations it seems like or at the very least specific areas. ( an example is the little path leading to fire-keep from the north of it on the little hill, for some reason trying to use it when they are just beneath you a lot of the time seems to prevent its use. I don't know. Might just be a me thing.)

Death-strike can be fired without a target, why? Is this a bug? Seems like a bug. Its a teleport that only takes you to the target? Why can it... forget it....

Swapping legends and ending up with your upper body locked in place, this happens when dismounting or swapping quickly in the flow of combat. Your upper body funnily moves side to side but your animations are locked. There is also the bug that if Unrelenting assault is interrupted you have the chance to become a mist man, and simply be mist as you get smacked into the dirt... as mist man. (Someone please make a song about mist man? Please? I need this...)

• 1 month later...

As of yesterday's update, I cannot open the build-screen anymore, as I get a crash to desktop. I have been using build-templates on my revenant, which has already been reported as being buggy in this thread. However, I made sure that whenever I swapped build templates, I never actually swapped legends, which used to prevent any issues.

@SCHTiFU.9143 said:As of yesterday's update, I cannot open the build-screen anymore, as I get a crash to desktop. I have been using build-templates on my revenant, which has already been reported as being buggy in this thread. However, I made sure that whenever I swapped build templates, I never actually swapped legends, which used to prevent any issues.

With the recent update, the crash is now fixed. I even thought they finally fixed that infamous skill-swapping bug related to build-templates because it seemed to work properly at first. However, as soon as I changed maps, everything was messed up again.

Change Unrelenting Assault to Unrealeable assult would also fix the skill, also change the description, to:" skill m8 fail every atack on the enemy and hit invisible objects".

EDITEDFigured out a trick to make unrelentig assault go with the allie when he teleports to target :)(it can be casted in players even on pve)

get close to some one targtet that toon, sword 2 and sword 3 one after the other, if that alie or pve player teleports, UR will keep folowing/tracking the target while the animation is ocurring.EDIT2(Got fixed! so much WOW!!)

• 3 weeks later...

Renegade summons: No valid path to target. This happens often when casting in non-large areas and in most elevated areas. Example, go to wvw keep, try casting onto the stairs; "no valid path to target". Try standing on the stairs and try casting to the ground "no valid path to target". Try standing on ledge to cast on ground "no valid path to target". Plenty of space to cast it but it won't cast. This is just three examples. Very clunky and unreliable.

Renegade summons: casting on center of target will make the summon miss its attacks. Example, enemy siege golem is sitting there, cast Icerazor's Ire on the center of it and it misses. Have to cast off-center for it to hit.

Renegade Bloodbane Path: Sometimes the first shot hits but the other two miss. Odd this skill fails trying to hit with all 3 hits. Example, go cap a tower, walk by the quartermaster; once he is behind you, use bloodbane path. Hits 1-3. Maybe the stairs is affecting the reliability. This skill should also ignore pathing/line of sight since it uses portaling (i.e. hit behind gates/walls).

Renegade Spiritcrush: this skill is a varied copy of ranger barrage but bugged; it should ignore line of sight and cast in any direction. This skill can only cast in front of you and can't be obstructed in order for it to work. wtf. Example, go to wvw eternal battleground. at the spawn waypoint, step to the Lions Arch Asura Gate corner (any corner). Try casting around it or behind it or to the side. You can't do it. This skill is jacked up, but using a ranger doing the same thing with Barrage can hit anywhere. wtf.

Renegade Scorchrazor: this skill is unreliable. You must face your target for this skill to work; not from the side, not behind, not kinda in front of you. This skill is jacked up too. Remove line of sight so it can cast any direction. My god, this is supposed to be an elite legend; make it act like one.

Renegade Citadel Bombardment: this skill is unreliable too. This hits for 1-7 out of 15 haha. Example, I have Vindication active to give me total 15 missiles. Go to wvw, attack any creature near spawn and see how many hit. Sometimes i get 1 hit out of 15. wtf haha. This needs to act like Call Air Strike from an Air-Strike Grenade found in edge of the mists so it can hit over walls and be reliable for all hits. This skill currently works better on an npc standing at the edge of wall (it uses homing missiles then) than it does someone attacking you, well, anywhere else lol.

Impossible Odds: sometimes strikes are obstructed yet im able to hit with my weapon. Example, go to smc, use shortbow on oil pot; use Impossible Odds with it and all you see is "obstructed" with secondary strikes.

I used examples that can easily be replicated. Thank you for listening anet.