Precursor as potential reward for Strike Missions? Seriously?

I'm honestly shocked that the devs put precursors as rewards for doing strike missions. I have been raiding with the same group of people for over a year and a half now and not once has a precursor dropped in the exotic spot on a raid. I'm convinced that it isn't even a possibility as I've never heard of one dropping from raids. (Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong here.)

It's honestly insulting to us that the devs once again are hand feeding a guaranteed possibility of something so coveted as a precursor to the easy mode content that are strike missions, but not doing anything to encourage more people to join the raiding community. My suggestion of a change for this would be to create some sort of a similar chest/daily reward system in the aerodrome that can be opened weekly that has a possibility at obtaining legendary armor precursors. The common and uncommon drops could be mag shards, gaeting crystals, mini's ascended drops, etc. This would help newer raiders have a nice carrot of a possibility on top of already being able to work towards the collections and also keep it fair between the easy mode of strikes and the hard mode of raids.

Right now it just seems that being a raider is getting kicked in the teeth with the constant delays of releases of raid wings and then a new strike comes out every 2-3 months like clockwork.

@Obtena.7952 said:Is this a serious complaint? Clearly OP doesn't realize that enticing people to participate in strike missions is the path for encouraging those players to attempt raiding. That's a move to SAVE raids.

True but when the content to entice people to do something else is more rewarding then the content they are steered to.Something should change right?Considering you can do raid bosses once a week and the strikes daily that is.

I had a precursor drop during a Forging Steel strike itself while firing the tank against the dwarves.

Honestly, I think Forging Steel has better repeatability than the other Strikes. It's much more accessible to newer players (as long as they harpoon) while also being sufficiently difficult with all 4 CMs enabled.

If you mean the abysmal chances from the emissary chest, it's no different than a precursor drop from WvW or openworld PvE.

@Linken.6345 said:

@Obtena.7952 said:Is this a serious complaint? Clearly OP doesn't realize that enticing people to participate in strike missions is the path for encouraging those players to attempt raiding. That's a move to SAVE raids.

True but when the content to entice people to do something else is more rewarding then the content they are steered to.Something should change right?Considering you can do raid bosses once a week and the strikes daily that is.

A selected few are going to be happy for a short while. Others might even try out Strikes for a bit (until they get tired of not being part of the lucky few). But it will change nothing about the raid population.

I had a precursor drop from a random mob in the open world. Precursors can drop from anything that drops exotics period. People have gotten precursors in both fractals and raids. They can also get precursors from Teq and Shadow Behemonth. This kind of misinformation helps no one.

@Linken.6345 said:

Nope ... if a mob has a chance to drop an exotic, it can be a precursor ... even an OW mob has a very small chance of doing that. There isn't actually a problem here ... unless the OP is suggesting strike missions shouldn't drop exotic gear. Op simply doesn't understand how loot works in this game.

@Delita Silverburg.8632 said:I'm honestly shocked that the devs put precursors as rewards for doing strike missions. I have been raiding with the same group of people for over a year and a half now and not once has a precursor dropped in the exotic spot on a raid. I'm convinced that it isn't even a possibility as I've never heard of one dropping from raids. (Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong here.)

It's honestly insulting to us that the devs once again are hand feeding a guaranteed possibility of something so coveted as a precursor to the easy mode content that are strike missions, but not doing anything to encourage more people to join the raiding community. My suggestion of a change for this would be to create some sort of a similar chest/daily reward system in the aerodrome that can be opened weekly that has a possibility at obtaining legendary armor precursors. The common and uncommon drops could be mag shards, gaeting crystals, mini's ascended drops, etc. This would help newer raiders have a nice carrot of a possibility on top of already being able to work towards the collections and also keep it fair between the easy mode of strikes and the hard mode of raids.

Right now it just seems that being a raider is getting kicked in the teeth with the constant delays of releases of raid wings and then a new strike comes out every 2-3 months like clockwork.

You can get a precursor from pretty much anything that drops loot. Seriously, its ok.

I, no joke, got Chaos Gun off a Ram (yellow trash NPC) in Timberline Falls once. Its just very very very rare.

You have a chance to get them from Guild Missions and even home instance chests. Its just that the odds are so slim it doesn't usually happen.

Originally, the concept for gw2, as I recall, was that people should be able to choose which modes and types of play they enjoy and still progress. That is, still be able to level up and obtain top tier equipment and such. For the most part this is and has always been the case. Granted some modes give a greater or lesser chance for certain rewards, a few specific things are now "sort of" locked behind specific content, BUT its still, basically, possible for a player to never do anything but crafting and TP and enough OW to farm dragonite, etc. and end up with at least Ascended armor and weapons. This was intentional. So the idea that raiders should have better access to endgame loot is really not what raids are supposed to be about anyway. They have better loot than some other content because they are more work, time, risk than some other content.

IMO the main restriction on legendary crafting is all the other stuff that makes up the gifts. These require people to at least do certain things. For instance, raid armor requires certain things that require some commitment, gen 1 legendary weapons still require map completion, and at least enough wvw to get a gift of battle. Again it takes some degree of commitment and time. No body gets that done without some kind of commitment and time no matter how the base armor, weapon, trinket is obtained. So don't worry nobody is getting Legendary gear just handed to them.

No. You cannot get any precursor from boss chest. You can get it from generic bags/gear that you get from 1-4 or 5-7 wings that also are obtainable from other sources outside of raids, but not the precursor from bosses themselves. There's a 100% chance to get a exotic item but it's just can't be precursor (:

Another way to entice ppl to raid is to make raids more lucrative, having ore lucrative raids and strike missions is a win win situation.

@zealex.9410 said:

Another way to entice ppl to raid is to make raids more lucrative, having ore lucrative raids and strike missions is a win win situation.

Honestly, I don't think that's true. People that don't want to do content are going to do the MINIMUM to get the rewards they want, even if they decide to subject themselves to content they don't want to do ... and then they leave it forever. That's not sustainable content. If the content is a BARRIER to getting rewards, it's a means to an end. We need content to NOT be that. We need the content itself to be more of the reason to do something. The Best MMO's I've played, the reward IS doing the content, not the thing that's in the box at the end.

Probably entices raiders to do Strike Missions.Thing they need to understand its guilds that do the teaching, since coming back 2 years ago, being here for around a month.I have not seen a single "Guild x we do PvE, ... ,... ,... recruiting we have 440+ members, join us!"I mentioned earlier about lack of raid training guilds, probably caused by having strike missions, I use to be able to find random pug raid training guilds, I had to be in discord, but now I dont find anymore pug raid training guilds. I do know how the RA discord now, but those people who dont visit forums, who cant get a good guild because, probably not many anymore, etc. They aint going to know about RA training, and probably not know about strikeforce because I still don't even know what it is, where it starts, or even the purpose. I just know about raids. And could care less about about strikeforce being easier content introduction to raids.

This game is already heavy "read the wiki, read the metabattle and go with the meta", I read too much already, I'm ready for raids with reading I've done and videos I've seen. I just need to DO IT and get my rhythm going, I do not need baby steps strike missions.

Thats like Burger King awhile ago, "we have kids meal and big kids meal", um big kids meals, kids meal is for losers, strike missions are for losers.This is about precursor though, and someone mentioned it entices people to do, its the raiders its enticing more than the casuals learning to raid, we already complain enough about not having legendary (I finished Bolt recently) and RNG too great. Rather raid and consistent and get full set of legendary armor. Seems like everybody who raids has full set.

I just really dislike strikemissions, because it made getting groups for pug learning raids a ton harder to find, thats all it did (yes I know about RA thank you, I'm ok now, this is when I DID NOT know about hidden secret only couple people in the know know).

btw I support the big guilds, the games been out too long, I'd like a couple big guilds over hundreds of tiny(might not be here next week guilds, big guilds more likely to survive a year than might not be here next year tiny startups)