Jeweler 500

I was surprised when the first rumors of Jeweler 500 came out. I thought, "Great, not we can craft Legendary trinkets." Boy, was I wrong.

Now, I'm wondering what we will gain by raising the crafting level of Jeweler to 500.

Cooking allowed us to make Ascended meals, but Ascended trinkets were already there with Jeweler 400.

If it is eventually rolled out, what do you want to get out of grinding toward Grandmaster Jeweler?

Most logical thing for jeweler 500 would be ascended jewelry regardless of the fact we can get that in other ways and infusions imo. But the way ascended food was handled was quite good so maybe another special surprise is waiting to happen.

@Setz.9675 said:Most logical thing for jeweler 500 would be ascended jewelry regardless of the fact we can get that in other ways and infusions imo. But the way ascended food was handled was quite good so maybe another special surprise is waiting to happen.

Depends on how you define good though. Ascended food made pretty much all other food obsolete. I was convinced at the time that you would only use it where there were multiple people around, otherwise it would be a waste, but as it turns out, the costs have hit a point where it makes no sense to bother using anything but ascended food.

Case in point:Plate of Spicy Moa Wings = 33s 72c in materialsBowl of Sweet and Spicey Butternut Squash Soup = 48s 57sCilantro Lime Sous-Vide Steak = 14s 45, and lasts for 1 hour....so really, it costs like 7.2s per serving, and it feeds everyone else in your group or who happens to walk by.

I don't see anything 'wrong' with this - if it costs me less to supply myself with food buffs, huzzah. But generally speaking you don't want to cannibalize other content. If it turns out you can craft ascended trinkets cheaply, there goes any population on S3 maps. And again, I'm OK with cheaper/easier ascended trinkets, but we have to consider what they will do to the maps that used to supply them.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

@Setz.9675 said:Most logical thing for jeweler 500 would be ascended jewelry regardless of the fact we can get that in other ways and infusions imo. But the way ascended food was handled was quite good so maybe another special surprise is waiting to happen.

Depends on how you define good though. Ascended food made pretty much all other food obsolete. I was convinced at the time that you would only use it where there were multiple people around, otherwise it would be a waste, but as it turns out, the costs have hit a point where it makes no sense to bother using anything but ascended food.

Case in point:Plate of Spicy Moa Wings = 33s 72c in materialsBowl of Sweet and Spicey Butternut Squash Soup = 48s 57sCilantro Lime Sous-Vide Steak = 14s 45, and lasts for 1 hour....so really, it costs like 7.2s per serving, and it feeds everyone else in your group or who happens to walk by.

I don't see anything 'wrong' with this - if it costs me less to supply myself with food buffs, huzzah. But generally speaking you don't want to cannibalize other content. If it turns out you can craft ascended trinkets cheaply, there goes any population on S3 maps. And again, I'm OK with cheaper/easier ascended trinkets, but we have to consider what they will do to the maps that used to supply them.

Don't use false information and then quote me to make a point, shame on you. That cilantro steak you used as example, you took the price from GW2 effiency which is broken as the Pile of Enriched Compost is zero value on there which is simply not true. Not only that but things like koi cake, plate of beef rendang, soul pastry and delicious rice ball are far cheaper than their ascended counter part. Also if people want to use sub optimal food at high cost over cheap BiS food, thats on people being stupid. So yes, objectively looking, cooking 500 is good.

If people want free ascended jewelry season 3 maps is the place to be, if people want to dish out gold for that, thats fine as well. Having 10 people farm winterberries/bloodstone nodes at a time or have 5 people farm winterberries/bloodstone nodes at a time does not affect maps at all, your claims or nonsensical.

@Setz.9675 said:

Don't use false information and then quote me to make a point, shame on you. That cilantro steak you used as example, you took the price from GW2 effiency which is broken as the Pile of Enriched Compost is zero value on there which is simply not true. Not only that but things like koi cake, plate of beef rendang, soul pastry and delicious rice ball are far cheaper than their ascended counter part. Also if people want to use sub optimal food at high cost over cheap BiS food, thats on people being stupid. So yes, objectively looking, cooking 500 is good.

If people want free ascended jewelry season 3 maps is the place to be, if people want to dish out gold for that, thats fine as well. Having 10 people farm winterberries/bloodstone nodes at a time or have 5 people farm winterberries/bloodstone nodes at a time does not affect maps at all, your claims or nonsensical.

Can you even take down the meta with 5 ppl in bloodstone map?

At least for me, all 9 of my characters have full ascended trinkets (rings, amulets, accessory). So if all Jewelry 500 does is let me craft those items, it would serve no purpose to me. And the fact that the LS3 maps have been out for so long, I'd think that anyone that played them somewhat seriously and doesn't have a huge number of characters might be in a similar situation.So I hope if jewelry skill to 500 is added, it offers something new that isn't already readily available.

Jeweler was my first craft profession. If they add Jeweler 500, there should be a way to make attuned + infused rings for people not doing fractals , WvW , or PvP. Mist Band is available through those 3 methods.

Rings : a way to obtain infused rings without grinding random fractal drops (mist essences or infused rings themselves) or buying mist band (which isn't immediately available to newer players)

• This is far more important for condition builds (viper/trailblazer), healing builds (harrier/minstrel/marshal/etc), support builds not running core Tyria stats

Jewels : ascended doesn't use jewels , so the obvious answer is a non fractal / WvW way to get +5 stat infusions ; this would also help people do raids that don't do fractals

• right now there's +5 stat infusions with +5/7/9 AR : the +5AR version is available for raid currency
  • there's +4 stat infusions with 0AR available for laurels
  • you can obtain +5 stat infusions from vanity infusions such as the ones from halloween
  • currently +16 infusion trades in for five of a +5 stat infusion with +9AR

(This is unlikely as infusion crafting is for artificers currently)

Amulets: not sure what can be done there short of having a legendary PvE amulet that requires Gift of Battle and/or strike/raidAccessories/Trinkets: not sure what can be done there since openworld has trinkets and you can get them for guild commendations , maybe an item to stat change Core Tyria trinkets in the Mystic ForgeBackpiece: Ascended backpieces exist in craftable form already , but perhaps an alternate method to get second infusion slot besides legendary backpiece / Gift of Ascension (500 fractal relics)

• Bough of Melandru is an outlier

Optional: a way to combine PvE + WvW stat infusions so that you don't need a dedicated equipment template to properly use WvW infusions

Economic Impact : having additional uses for Xunlai Electrum Ingot or other gold ingot/silver ingot/copper ingot sinks is a plus

@Infusion.7149 said:Jeweler was my first craft profession. If they add Jeweler 500, there should be a way to make attuned + infused rings for people not doing fractals , WvW , or PvP. Mist Band is available through those 3 methods.

Rings : a way to obtain infused rings without grinding random fractal drops (mist essences or infused rings themselves) or buying mist band (which isn't immediately available to newer players)

• This is far more important for condition builds (viper/trailblazer), healing builds (harrier/minstrel/marshal/etc), support builds not running core Tyria stats

Jewels : ascended doesn't use jewels , so the obvious answer is a non fractal / WvW way to get +5 stat infusions ; this would also help people do raids that don't do fractals

• right now there's +5 stat infusions with +5/7/9 AR : the +5AR version is available for raid currency
  • there's +4 stat infusions with 0AR available for laurels
  • you can obtain +5 stat infusions from vanity infusions such as the ones from halloween
  • currently +16 infusion trades in for five of a +5 stat infusion with +9AR

(This is unlikely as infusion crafting is for artificers currently)

Amulets: not sure what can be done there short of having a legendary PvE amulet that requires Gift of Battle and/or strike/raidAccessories/Trinkets: not sure what can be done there since openworld has trinkets and you can get them for guild commendations , maybe an item to stat change Core Tyria trinkets in the Mystic ForgeBackpiece: Ascended backpieces exist in craftable form already , but perhaps an alternate method to get second infusion slot besides legendary backpiece / Gift of Ascension (500 fractal relics)

• Bough of Melandru is an outlier

Optional: a way to combine PvE + WvW stat infusions so that you don't need a dedicated equipment template to properly use WvW infusions

Economic Impact : having additional uses for Xunlai Electrum Ingot or other gold ingot/silver ingot/copper ingot sinks is a plus

I agree with most of what you said, but fear people will cry about power creep.

@Linken.6345 said:

Can you even take down the meta with 5 ppl in bloodstone map?

bye

@Setz.9675 said:

A great reminder why many people don't bother visiting the official forums, or even take them seriously, especially given you call what I said "false" and "nonsensical", and recklessly throwing out the word "stupid".

I didn't realize GW2 calculated it that way, so allow me to correct that, and for those who actually want to know the truth, here is how one correctly calculates the cost of ascended food - by how much it costs to purchase the components off the TP.

Cilantro Lime sous-Vide Steak1x Cut of Quality Red Meat - 9s 11c1x Jug of Water - 8c1x Packet of Salt - 8c1x Cultivated Cilantro Leaf 19s 11c

Now grab a friendly 6-year old to help you with the math, and you see the cost of making that meal is 29s 82c. That's a big difference from 14s 44c, but it is still the price to produce food that lasts 1hr vs. 30 min foods listed above.

Bowl of Fruit Salad with Mint Garnish1x Bowl of Tropical Fruit Salad - 2s 501x Cultivated Mint Leaf - 24s 85c1x Bag of Sugar - 8c1x Jug of Water - 8cTotal: 28s 95c

Compare to Delicious Rice Ball - 11s 41c for 30 mins, or 22s 82c, which is cheaper than the ascended, but also lacks the +70 concentration you get from the ascended food - all to save 7s?

Believe what you want. I've given up on the notion of trying to change minds, as it just isn't worth it. I play this game at my level, and other players are free to play it at whatever level they want. Case in point, I joined an LFG for Whisper strike this morning, and one of the players asked the Firebrand why they were running 4 signets - the reply was "because I play this game the way I want". I didn't bother saying a word; with that comment, and the fact the group had 4 Berserker warriors already, I just dropped group. Maybe they 1-shot the boss after I left, but I seriously doubt it.

@"Game of Bones.8975" said:I agree with most of what you said, but fear people will cry about power creep.

Power creep would imply additional stat tiers. 3-5 upgrade slots (depending on if attuning is available) for non fractal players would just level the playing field between newer open-world players that don't have laurels or fractal/WvW/PvP currencies and higher tiered fractal players. Right now if you had the laurels and don't do fractals you can outfit all your ascended gear with vanity +9AR flashy +5 stat infusions (Halloween ones) or +4 stat infusions with 0AR.

As far as combining WvW infusions what I mean is adding the 1% vs guard bonus to any +5 stat vanity infusion or +9 agony infusion, rather than additional +5 stats.

At the very least a way to infuse rings such as Bloodstone "Blood ruby" ring or Black ice band would be a step in the right direction for condi/support players even if the +5 stat infusion part is not implemented. Ring of red death and crystalline band are fairly accessible and have a higher chance of dropping as infused from T3/T4 boxes. Even if you do higher tiered fractals there's no guarantee of a mist essence drop and if you don't get the right tiered mist essence then mystic coins and ectos are required to promote/demote them unless you want to spend hundreds of fractal relics per ring.

I don't think there was anything mentioned about Jeweler 500. Since ascended trinkets were direct purchase from vendors and how Aurora was introduced, they kind of just continue to prove how pointless of a craft it is to exist. Only think getting an upgrade here on out would be Scribe 500 for maybe Ascended Utility items.

Maybe if Jewellers could craft infusions at level 500 that have extra stats, enabling non-attuned/infused ascended rings to have the equivalent of attuned and infused stats then I'd consider that useful. Make them use Jade as a material (to keep with the Canthan theme).

Yol, that would add inventory/item bloat to the game. It's probably best if they just use the existing system to reduce the amount of itemization. Legendary was meant to be the best stats in the game along with ascended so instead of creating equivalents it's probably easier just to add a mystic forge recipe that infuses rings which does not require the fractal materials. For example if they added a craftable Jade Band (Infused) at Jeweler 500 , it could be the same as Mist Band (Infused) but without ability to stat change. The alternative is a hypothetical mystic forge recipe that uses three Jeweler 425-500 ingredients in place of the mist essences.

When ascended was first added to the game I really wasn't a fan of adding gear that provided additional stats : I felt that having an infusion slot was already an upgrade over exotic since you can have +5 stat infusions both from fractals and WvW or +4 stats if you are willing to waste laurels and don't do fractals. When equipment templates first rolled out one of the first things I noticed was the mouseover on the equipment tabs do not count the "upgrade" part of ascended trinkets (nor do they count runes/sigils or jewels in exotics), which means even though the stats are listed in one block after 2013 it is just hidden to the user.

There's a reason why inventory bloat is a problem. We see that with the season currencies: originally they kept making maps , but eventually they decided that Bjora Marches could be used for more than one episode through enlargement so as to reduce added currencies/itemization.

@"Game of Bones.8975" said:I was surprised when the first rumors of Jeweler 500 came out. I thought, "Great, not we can craft Legendary trinkets." Boy, was I wrong.

Why would a 500 jeweler be able to make legendary trinkets? 500 weaponsmith can't make legendary weapons. 500 armorsmith can't make legendary armor.

Jeweler 500 would have to make legendary infusions or ascended jewels that give secondary effects, like how ascended food works. Basically change how all the ascended and legendary runes work to allow jewels to be socketed into them. Then you could add in legendary jewels at a later date.Another option, is at 500 jeweler, you could make a legendary aquabreather. Personally i would rather the legendary aquabreather be the meta reward for icebrood saga at the end.Another option, allows to upgrade aurora, vision and convalescence into a t2 version like conflux and transendance. It could also be used to make dyeable legendary upgrades to the 3 backpieces. I like the idea of upgrading legendary items, completely horizontally progression. My dream is wing 8 allows legendary armor to be upgraded to t2 version with the 4th dye slot unlocked to change the particle effects on the armor.

@sevenDEADLY.5281 said:

@"Game of Bones.8975" said:I was surprised when the first rumors of Jeweler 500 came out. I thought, "Great, not we can craft Legendary trinkets." Boy, was I wrong.

Why would a 500 jeweler be able to make legendary trinkets? 500 weaponsmith can't make legendary weapons. 500 armorsmith can't make legendary armor.

No, but you do need the max level to craft many of the components that go into crafting a Legendary.The mention of the Jeweler upgrade came out before the ability to craft legendary trinkets through other means.