WHat is the fastest way to farm all the map currencies/materials for Skyscale Saddle?

@tinyasian.8941 said:

@Linken.6345 said:Or exchange ice crystal from bjora marches since there dont seem to be a cap on that anymore.

are the ice crystals easy to farm?How many can you get per day?The exchange costs 70 ice crystals per currency by the way, seems like super high cost.

Very easy to farm and it’s 10 currency per 75 with the exception of kralkatite.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@Linken.6345 said:Or exchange ice crystal from bjora marches since there dont seem to be a cap on that anymore.

are the ice crystals easy to farm?How many can you get per day?The exchange costs 70 ice crystals per currency by the way, seems like super high cost.

Does the ice shard require any special mastery points? cause i seem to read it somewhere, i am not sure.Also are the ice shards unlimited per day? Is there a cap when you farm?How many do you usually get per day?

Thanks.

Do living season dailysEach day the daily focuses on 1 of the currencies u needYou can do the golden hearts on each map and farm the nodes for each one tooThe metas on each map gives a little amount too but they take too much time so they are worthlessYou can buy 5 of each currencys from the bvendor behind the first waypoint in dragonfall map in exchange of volatile magicYou can do all strike missions daily for a large amount of shards each day and buy currencys for your skyscaleThen if u have extra time you can go farm bjora marchs nodes and kill the champion events cuz each of them gives alotta ice shards but they are only once each dayYou can open these new boxs in bjora marchs like valor chest or norn chest cuz they give soooo much ice shards so u ezily can buy all ur currencys as soon as possibleI assume u have alotta time to play and grind the game. Like 4h a day :PIn case u have a low amount of time to playI suggest u this method:Do all strikes dailyBuy 5 of each map currencys from dragonfallDo 2 of each map's golden hearts ( ez and fast ones)So u can grind enough and play other stuff ingame that doesnt envolve just grinding and play with ur friends too or go raiding and w/eHope this information helps u reach ur helicopter mount asapgl

Do hearts and have alts/toons to do them as well. Join metas when there is one. In Jahai Bluffs, do the rifts and iirc you can do them 5 times a day. I can't remember whether that'd be accoubt wide or not. Mine the nodes. Buy the other map currencies in Dragonfall.

If you do the Drakkar meta or other metas in Bjora Marches, the game seems to give quite a lot of them iirc.

@Arcaniaxs.4519 said:Do living season dailysEach day the daily focuses on 1 of the currencies u needYou can do the golden hearts on each map and farm the nodes for each one tooThe metas on each map gives a little amount too but they take too much time so they are worthlessYou can buy 5 of each currencys from the bvendor behind the first waypoint in dragonfall map in exchange of volatile magicYou can do all strike missions daily for a large amount of shards each day and buy currencys for your skyscaleThen if u have extra time you can go farm bjora marchs nodes and kill the champion events cuz each of them gives alotta ice shards but they are only once each dayYou can open these new boxs in bjora marchs like valor chest or norn chest cuz they give soooo much ice shards so u ezily can buy all ur currencys as soon as possibleI assume u have alotta time to play and grind the game. Like 4h a day :PIn case u have a low amount of time to playI suggest u this method:Do all strikes dailyBuy 5 of each map currencys from dragonfallDo 2 of each map's golden hearts ( ez and fast ones)So u can grind enough and play other stuff ingame that doesnt envolve just grinding and play with ur friends too or go raiding and w/eHope this information helps u reach ur helicopter mount asapgl

Sounds like farming bjora marches seems like a good way to go. If the place actually gives tons of ice shards then yes i guess buying them seems good.I have never farmed in Bjora Marches. having returned to the game just recently, anywhere to start?

@tinyasian.8941 said:

Does the ice shard require any special mastery points? cause i seem to read it somewhere, i am not sure.Also are the ice shards unlimited per day? Is there a cap when you farm?How many do you usually get per day?

Thanks.

You need masteries for the essence chests but the nodes don't require it. Chests and nodes are capped by account so they won't respawn until the daily reset. You need two characters to get the remaining 8 or so nodes. There used to be nodes that were not subject to the account daily limit but Anet appears to have silently removed them. You also get a large amount from the Drakkar meta. I'm not sure what the current average shards someone can earn per day on that map. A lot of people were farming them so I'm sure that information exists somewhere.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

Thanks.

You need masteries for the essence chests but the nodes don't require it. Chests and nodes are capped by account so they won't respawn until the daily reset. You need two characters to get the remaining 8 or so nodes. There used to be nodes that were not subject to the account daily limit but Anet appears to have silently removed them. You also get a large amount from the Drakkar meta. I'm not sure what the current average shards someone can earn per day on that map. A lot of people were farming them so I'm sure that information exists somewhere.

Thanks. I was there for about 3~4 hours and managed to get two stacks of them, and that's also because i don't have the masteries to open the bigger chests yet. Nonetheless, this seems promising. Do you happen to know if the smaller events around the map also give eternal ice shard as rewards?

Some of the maps are super fast to complete and give you 25 currency per completion. If you have many alts and many mounts, you can learn a route and breeze through it alt by alt, pausing to open chests/gather nodes that drop currency on the way. I think Jahai and Kourna were my fastest to get currency in, Jahai thanks to a route using griffon and beetle and springer and jackal in the appropriate spots, Kourna thanks to the meta proc'ing so often while my alts were mapping that I had it inside 3 completions and 2 metas (did not start at 0 currency though).

Some maps only give 5 currency on completion but if you're doing the hearts anyway, why not zoom through pois and vistas too?

On those shards, yes they are easy to farm.Open Essence chests.Do the light puzzlesGet any norn chest you see,Get the nodes,Do the meta's

I farm them daily and this morning's run took me about an hour and a half.2 succesful meta's, all 4 light puzzles (I didn't touch the open world ones) all essence chests, and quite a few nodes.Result: 800 shards.Considering that the exchange rate is 10 of each currency for 75, That's an easy 100 to pick up.(Except Kralkatite Ore, that's 25, for 75 shards)

What I would do:

• Do all maps you need to do for currency, and take the shards as well.
  • When you run all maps at least once, you will learn which is the most grindy, or least to your liking to farm.
  • Start buying that particular map's currency with shards first, to get it done and over with.

So when you use the shards as complimentary way to get your currency, you'll simply be done faster. Each map has daily limits anyways.

Edit to ad:Jahai Bluffs tip on the Pact Vanguard heart:I see a lot of people do the golem parts etc, but please... ignore that stuff.Go immediatly to the test dummies, stand on a shard, then pick up - throw - pick up - throw...That one goes real fast that way - I did that on multiple toons for the Mystonium.

And btw: You can get a Sun's Refuge portal scroll by doing the achievement "Poster Child" (easy quick achievement - wiki it)Then take your other toons into Sun's and exit through the south-east portal to end up at Pact Vanguard.

@Tuna Bandit.3786 said:On those shards, yes they are easy to farm.Open Essence chests.Do the light puzzlesGet any norn chest you see,Get the nodes,Do the meta's

I farm them daily and this morning's run took me about an hour and a half.2 succesful meta's, all 4 light puzzles (I didn't touch the open world ones) all essence chests, and quite a few nodes.Result: 800 shards.Considering that the exchange rate is 10 of each currency for 75, That's an easy 100 to pick up.(Except Kralkatite Ore, that's 25, for 75 shards)

What I would do:

• Do all maps you need to do for currency, and take the shards as well.
  • When you run all maps at least once, you will learn which is the most grindy, or least to your liking to farm.
  • Start buying that particular map's currency with shards first, to get it done and over with.

So when you use the shards as complimentary way to get your currency, you'll simply be done faster. Each map has daily limits anyways.

I don't have essence mastery enough to open the chest.What light puzzles are those?

You replied when I was editing my post lol.There are 4 rooms in Bjora where you can do light puzzles. They are fun to do, and give good loot, including shards.If you miss the essence mastery, that changes things. The most of the shards I get from those chests unfortunately.

I edited previous post to ad about 1 of the hearts I saw people doing the hard way, in Jahai, which is actually quite fast and easy if you know how:

Jahai Bluffs tip on the Pact Vanguard heart:I see a lot of people do the golem parts etc, but please... ignore that stuff.Go immediatly to the test dummies, stand on a shard, then pick up - throw - pick up - throw...That one goes real fast that way - I did that on multiple toons for the Mystonium.

Just trying to save you some time there :)

@Tuna Bandit.3786 said:You replied when I was editing my post lol.There are 4 rooms in Bjora where you can do light puzzles. They are fun to do, and give good loot, including shards.If you miss the essence mastery, that changes things. The most of the shards I get from those chests unfortunately.

I edited previous post to ad about 1 of the hearts I saw people doing the hard way, in Jahai, which is actually quite fast and easy if you know how:

Jahai Bluffs tip on the Pact Vanguard heart:I see a lot of people do the golem parts etc, but please... ignore that stuff.Go immediatly to the test dummies, stand on a shard, then pick up - throw - pick up - throw...That one goes real fast that way - I did that on multiple toons for the Mystonium.

Are these the light puzzles?They can be repeated everyday?

Light Puzzle

Lighting the Forest

Complete the light puzzle in the Aberrant Forest.

Lighting the Frozen Pass

Complete the light puzzle in the Frozen Pass.

Lighting the Legacy

Complete the light puzzle in the chasm around Asgeir's Legacy.

Lighting the Mountains

Complete the light puzzle in the Southern Mountains.

Luminary

Complete all the light

@tinyasian.8941 said:

@Tuna Bandit.3786 said:You replied when I was editing my post lol.There are 4 rooms in Bjora where you can do light puzzles. They are fun to do, and give good loot, including shards.If you miss the essence mastery, that changes things. The most of the shards I get from those chests unfortunately.

Are these the light puzzles?They can be repeated everyday?

Light Puzzle

Lighting the Forest

Complete the light puzzle in the Aberrant Forest.

Lighting the Frozen Pass

Complete the light puzzle in the Frozen Pass.

Lighting the Legacy

Complete the light puzzle in the chasm around Asgeir's Legacy.

Lighting the Mountains

Complete the light puzzle in the Southern Mountains.

Luminary

Complete all the light

Yes you can repeat them every day for the chest at the end.

I think a little bit of everything is best imo. Do the LS4 dailies and the meta events. And while doing these gather the nodes you stumble upon and the normal events and hearths. Domain of Istan, the Palawadan and GH metas are in general one of the best farms once per day and they give ton of kralk also.Ice shards in Bjora are easy to get but to farm them exclusively just to convert them to LS4 currency.? I don't know just feels it will take forever to get 250 of everything and super boring.Map completions are a good advice as most are easy.

I agree with Cuks, the fact that you can include Bjora now, means you can farm it with more variety.

And yes, plus there are 4 more in closed chambers on the map (3 on the new west side, one on the east) with quite good chests inside as well.

When I did the skyscale, we didn;t have icebrood yet, so what I did myself was what Cuks suggested.On Jahai, I visited the heart I mentioned with 9 alts every day... cause well... fast! lolOn Thunderhead I did the hearts and ran all the dwarven chests daily, was quite fast.Istan is the easiest one, since that gives 25 per heart and 25 per 75 ice shards. You'll have those 250 in no time, specially if you include the meteors as well.Kourna I disliked most, few easy hearts, but also 2 that were an absolute stupid grind. (Seriously, I needed to kill how many awakened to get that heart full? as bandits say "You're Kiddin', right?"

But just... don't wear yourself out with a grind, never worth it.I've seen people take a break and even quit because they washed themselves out on the skyscale grind.It's not worth it.

A too big grind is one of the main reasons for people to quit a game. I think (or hope at least) ArenaNet learned their lesson and realized that the Skyscale grind was damaging to the game.

• 1 month later...

@Tuna Bandit.3786 said:A too big grind is one of the main reasons for people to quit a game. I think (or hope at least) ArenaNet learned their lesson and realized that the Skyscale grind was damaging to the game.

Good thing that it's not a big grind. I doubt it was damaging to the game unless you have a source for that claim?

Fortunately, there are multiple ways to obtain the currency which have probably already been mentioned in this thread already. There's converting eternal ice shards which are very easy to get and you do get a lot of them. You can do the quick and fast hearts on the maps. If someone wants to be truly lazy about it, and not one of the ones that needs instant gratification, there is a vendor in Dragonfall that let's players buy 5 of each of the other map currencies per day.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

if you're not player vs player averse, setting reward tracks in wvw till you have the currency is quite nice. you can just zerg and make tags, and the currency rolls in. no need to chase down currency nodes and risk not getting any when harvesting. that's got to be the most frustrating part of the process - the rng on each node =p

edit: grain of salt with my post though, i've been playing wvw since 2012ish, and know how to find success in the game mode. your mileage may vary