Core ranger is broken

Bast.7253

[&DQQhKSArCC94AHgAuwAAALgAAACWAQAA7QAAAC8uAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA=]

Here's the build. Everyone run it so the balance team actually does something about it.

Also, pet coefficients are broken. So you really just have to run around aimlessly and block occasionally. Constant condi clear. It's everything you could ever want. Can also run sic'em for more damage instead of protect me.

It might get fixed sometime next year.

@"cptaylor.2670" said:[&DQQhKSArCC94AHgAuwAAALgAAACWAQAA7QAAAC8uAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA=]

Here's the build. Everyone run it so the balance team actually does something about it.

Also, pet coefficients are broken. So you really just have to run around aimlessly and block occasionally. Constant condi clear. It's everything you could ever want. Can also run sic'em for more damage instead of protect me.

The only thing broken here is necro and the only class keeping in check the condi reaper/core/scourge is ranger. Nobody almost runs ranger anymore in wvw and in pvp you see double necros in soloq, reapers in AT...while you don't see a single ranger during tournaments...not a single ranger build considered by TOP teams, it speaks volumes about the current status of the class.

The only ones making all these nerf threads are necros....why is that?..Be honest for once! You want ranger nerfed because it's the only class atm with threatening ranged dmg , necessary to deal with pulsing wells/aoe BS of current necros

This is a necro :

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/102051/video-guide-by-a-pvp-noob-for-pvp-noobs-to-get-120-ranked-wins#latest

Now come and do the same with ranger! The devs may want to nerf this crap before touching the last thing rangers have got viable in this game, you first started with druids, then with soulbeasts and now core ranger.....Dear anet nerf rock, paper is fine...signed scissor am I right dear @"cptaylor.2670" necro main?

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@"cptaylor.2670" said:[&DQQhKSArCC94AHgAuwAAALgAAACWAQAA7QAAAC8uAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA=]

The only thing broken here is
necro
and the only class keeping in check the condi reaper/core/scourge is
ranger
. Nobody almost runs ranger anymore in wvw and in pvp you see double necros in soloq, reapers in AT...while you don't see a single ranger during tournaments...
not a single ranger build considered by TOP teams
, it speaks volumes about the current status of the class.

The only ones making all these nerf threads are
necros
....why is that?..Be honest for once! You want ranger nerfed because it's the only class atm with threatening ranged dmg , necessary to deal with pulsing wells/aoe BS of current necros

This is a necro :

Now come and do the same with ranger! The devs may want to nerf this kitten before touching the last thing rangers have got viable in this game, you first started with druids, then with soulbeasts and now core ranger.....
Dear anet nerf rock, paper is fine...signed scissor
am I right dear @"cptaylor.2670" necro main?

No, they both need to be nerfed.

Necro on nearly every front, trait line, and build.

Except it isn't necro mains asking for ranger to be addressed, well known top players in EU say it's broken, you can see them saying it in Sindrener's and Boyce's stream. You can also see these 2 players saying that they don't want ANet to hammer it down to useless but that it needs a lot of adjustments, small in size but a lot of them.

Also not seeing them in WvW? Are you blind or do you just choo choo with a tag all the time? There's loads of rangers dotted around adding into small fights or worse still adding into fights at duel spots.

• Like 1

yes ranger needs to be looked at, but there is already lots of threads about this subject. basicly pets need dps nerf, but also need a buff on the sustain side of things, like a ways to clear conditions of them(our shouts were changed too commands for some hidden reason) like command skills or survival skills clearing a condition from pet.then the merge pork pet f1 maul needs a dps nerf, and an animation that doesnt look like i just open a candy bar

@Ashkew.6584 said:yes ranger needs to be looked at, but there is already lots of threads about this subject. basicly pets need dps nerf, but also need a buff on the sustain side of things, like a ways to clear conditions of them(our shouts were changed too commands for some hidden reason) like command skills or survival skills clearing a condition from pet.then the merge pork pet f1 maul needs a dps nerf, and an animation that doesnt look like i just open a candy bar

It’s just maul in general. I mean the merge port is annoying but maul is hitting for 9k on core. It would be one thing if they were glassy like core mes and thief, but they have way too much sustain and Condi clear, stealth, blocks, and cc to be dishing out that much damage.

Longbow is annoying but it isn’t even the issue with ranger. If you go for sic em sniper it’s good but not broken. And there is way more opportunity to counter.

@"cptaylor.2670" said:

@Ashkew.6584 said:yes ranger needs to be looked at, but there is already lots of threads about this subject. basicly pets need dps nerf, but also need a buff on the sustain side of things, like a ways to clear conditions of them(our shouts were changed too commands for some hidden reason) like command skills or survival skills clearing a condition from pet.then the merge pork pet f1 maul needs a dps nerf, and an animation that doesnt look like i just open a candy bar

It’s just maul in general. I mean the merge port is annoying but maul is hitting for 9k on core. It would be one thing if they were glassy like core mes and thief, but they have way too much sustain and Condi clear, stealth, blocks, and cc to be dishing out that much damage.

Longbow is annoying but it isn’t even the issue with ranger. If you go for sic em sniper it’s good but not broken. And there is way more opportunity to counter.

It hits only for 9k when you run core with zerker

Or the guy has 25 might and you have 25 stacks vuln

Could you imagine how well it would go if rangers pet did no dmg and had huge cd on their cc? they still hit real hard but I think some pets which do lots of dmg and have low sustain should continue to hit really hard.

Then again its more of the same Q_Q can't win nerf it right?

These kneejerk nerf threads are more destructive to GW2 than anything else.

@"Axl.8924" said:Could you imagine how well it would go if rangers pet did no dmg and had huge cd on their cc? they still hit real hard but I think some pets which do lots of dmg and have low sustain should continue to hit really hard.

i dont know if its "cant win nerf it" for others, for me as ranger main its more like i see myself play bad and getting away with being bad cuz the build is so forgiving. actually not fun to see myself thinking " damn i blew my cooldowns and messed up, i gotta kite" and then look at my enemy and seeing him almost dead cuz the pet just ate half his health bar. and feeling suprised i am actually winning the fight.

@Ashkew.6584 said:

@"Axl.8924" said:Could you imagine how well it would go if rangers pet did no dmg and had huge cd on their cc? they still hit real hard but I think some pets which do lots of dmg and have low sustain should continue to hit really hard.

i dont know if its "cant win nerf it" for others, for me as ranger main its more like i see myself play bad and getting away with being bad cuz the build is so forgiving. actually not fun to see myself thinking " kitten i blew my cooldowns and messed up, i gotta kite" and then look at my enemy and seeing him almost dead cuz the pet just ate half his health bar. and feeling suprised i am actually winning the fight.

Than the enemy should just kill the pet

@Avatar.3568 said:

i dont know if its "cant win nerf it" for others, for me as ranger main its more like i see myself play bad and getting away with being bad cuz the build is so forgiving. actually not fun to see myself thinking " kitten i blew my cooldowns and messed up, i gotta kite" and then look at my enemy and seeing him almost dead cuz the pet just ate half his health bar. and feeling suprised i am actually winning the fight.

Th
a
en the enemy should just kill the petYe, play a clown now like this other "ranger mains", just kill the pet, waste your cooldowns and health trying to trade with a pet and expect ranger to AFK and watch without swapping it and attacking you :joy:Its hilarious, so many hypocrites, these who say birds are bad are using double birds, the same PERSON in this thread said himself ranger is busted and now defending it :joy:

Necros are preparing for the huge nerfs that awaits them with the next patch.

Yes, birds and cats will be nerfed and it is also fine, but also complaining about the rest of the Ranger profession at this point is either a L2P problem or there are many trolls who want to see Ranger also out of the competitive scenario after Druid and Slb.

@"cptaylor.2670" said:

Yea I find this to be a problem too.My Rev has over 20% damage reduction through Demonic Resistance and Determined Resolution and a Maul still hits me for 5k.

Not even Thief backstabs can hurt me that hard but somehow a Ranger can take off 1/4th of my health with a single skill while I'm stacked on damage reduction effects.

@Odik.4587 said:

Th
a
en the enemy should just kill the petYe, play a clown now like this other "ranger mains", just kill the pet, waste your cooldowns and health trying to trade with a pet and expect ranger to AFK and watch without swapping it and attacking you :joy:Its hilarious, so many hypocrites, these who say birds are bad are using double birds, the same PERSON in this thread said himself ranger is busted and now defending it :joy:

Boyce and every burn guard does this against me and I can never kill them

@apharma.3741 said:Except it isn't necro mains asking for ranger to be addressed, well known top players in EU say it's broken, you can see them saying it in Sindrener's and Boyce's stream. You can also see these 2 players saying that they don't want ANet to hammer it down to useless but that it needs a lot of adjustments, small in size but a lot of them.

Also not seeing them in WvW? Are you blind or do you just choo choo with a tag all the time? There's loads of rangers dotted around adding into small fights or worse still adding into fights at duel spots.

What top players? Outside the far node 1vs1, the class has zero presence : offers close to zero supports and can't really handle more than 2 badly played classes at the same time, the class has been nerfed to the ground because it doesn't really offer anything outside their 1v1 niche , despite their claims....they don't use rangers in their top teams...let's ask @bluri.2653 why there is no ranger in his team if it's so powerful.

But enough of this pointless talk , take your bird pets whatever and let's increase the teamplay viability of rangers, so that at least the class is usable in wvw outside the even more pointless roaming as you lot like to call it, as it brings in no loot, badges..or fun.

The entire meta is very forgiving right now.

1. If the ranger is using one or two birds and a tiger, kill the pet after he pet swaps and you win the fight.
  2. Apply condis on the pet because the pets don't condi clear. In other words, whatever you stick on the pet (including weakness, chill, burning, etc.) will stay on the pet for their entire durations.
  3. Practice dodging LB4, using movement to avoid mauls and hilt bash, learn how rangers combo their skills and the important pet skills to pay attention to.

@"Odik.4587" said:Ye, play a clown now like this other "ranger mains", just kill the pet, waste your cooldowns and health trying to trade with a pet and expect ranger to AFK and watch without swapping it and attacking you :joy:Its hilarious, so many hypocrites, these who say birds are bad are using double birds, the same PERSON in this thread said himself ranger is busted and now defending it :joy:

1. That's why you kill the pet immediately after the ranger pet swaps. Doesn't take too many brain cells to figure out.
  2. The birds and tiger have 500 less armor than someone using berserker amulet. The pets don't dodge, and they don't condi cleanse, a.k.a. put some weakness on the pet and it's like killing a golem.

@apharma.3741 said:Except it isn't necro mains asking for ranger to be addressed, well known top players in EU say it's broken, you can see them saying it in Sindrener's and Boyce's stream. You can also see these 2 players saying that they don't want ANet to hammer it down to useless but that it needs a lot of adjustments, small in size but a lot of them.

Also not seeing them in WvW? Are you blind or do you just choo with a tag all the time? There are loads of rangers dotted around adding into small fights or worse still adding into fights at duel spots.

Your wrong though, I'm a necro main and I defended ranger a lot, heck I've even defended mesmers.

There are people out there who don't care what happens to other classes but some of us do care because we play multiple classes for fun. We aren't competitive like you guys, so our most important aspect is that a class is enjoyable, in fact, I will probably never be competitive ever.

@Revolution.5409 said:Necros are preparing for the huge nerfs that awaits them with the next patch.

Yes, birds and cats will be nerfed and it is also fine, but also complaining about the rest of the Ranger profession at this point is either a L2P problem or there are many trolls who want to see Ranger also out of the competitive scenario after Druid and Slb.

We are ready to be deleted from SPVP you mean yeah its going to happen, maybe even WVW, and back to necro mains complaining about being free kills and always over nerfed.

@Axl.8924 said:

Also not seeing them in WvW? Are you blind or do you just choo with a tag all the time? There are loads of rangers dotted around adding into small fights or worse still adding into fights at duel spots.

Your wrong though, I'm a necro main and I defended ranger a lot, heck I've even defended mesmers.

There are people out there who don't care what happens to other classes but some of us do care because we play multiple classes for fun. We aren't competitive like you guys, so our most important aspect is that a class is enjoyable, in fact, I will probably never be competitive ever.

I get wanting to have fun. But I’ve played maybe 10 games as a ranger and picked up this build and wound up getting top stats continuously during many of the games I played with it. If I can hop into something I don’t normally play and still perform well with it, that’s saying something because I’m not skilled at anything, much less ranger. And there’s a lot of room to make an error with this build, even in a team fight. More room than even necro. It’s just too strong.

Pet abilities are obviously a problem but getting consistent 4K to 10k hits from a pet attack while I’m able to block, stealth, cc, and hit for 7k+ mauls or longbow 2 from a distance is pretty best up. Maybe maul can stay the same if the pet damage gets tuned down, but there’s undeniably too much going for it right now.

Obviously this isn’t the only issues right now, but you can’t deny that it’s busted. Lol

@"cptaylor.2670" said:

@Axl.8924 said:

I get wanting to have fun. But I’ve played maybe 10 games as a ranger and picked up this build and wound up getting top stats continuously during many of the games I played with it. If I can hop into something I don’t normally play and still perform well with it, that’s saying something because I’m not skilled at anything, much less ranger. And there’s a lot of room to make an error with this build, even in a team fight. More room than even necro. It’s just too strong.

Pet abilities are obviously a problem but getting consistent 4K to 10k hits from a pet attack while I’m able to block, stealth, cc, and hit for 7k+ mauls or longbow 2 from a distance is pretty best up. Maybe maul can stay the same if the pet damage gets tuned down, but there’s undeniably too much going for it right now.

Obviously this isn’t the only issues right now, but you can’t deny that it’s busted. Lol

I have one problem with saying something is busted because strategies also change upon higher ranks.

I kinda wonder for instance if maybe in gold plat maybe everyone just murders the pets. My issue is some people refuse to adapt.

Take for instance lb3, it can be evaded by going behind a wall, making it much easier to LOS than say some of the burst from thief and rev aoe bombs.

@Axl.8924 said:

@"cptaylor.2670" said:

@Axl.8924 said:

I have one problem with saying something is busted because strategies also change upon higher ranks.

I kinda wonder for instance if maybe in gold plat maybe everyone just murders the pets. My issue is some people refuse to adapt.

Take for instance lb3, it can be evaded by going behind a wall, making it much easier to LOS than say some of the burst from thief and rev aoe bombs.

I don’t think anyone focuses them but they do get caught and cleaved fairly easily. If you’re side noding it’s a bit different though.

@"cptaylor.2670" said:

@Axl.8924 said:

Well not that it takes a genius to play Ranger, probably only necro is more stupid to play, Ranger is immediately in second place as a game.

@shadowpass.4236 said:

@"Odik.4587" said:Ye, play a clown now like this other "ranger mains", just kill the pet, waste your cooldowns and health trying to trade with a pet and expect ranger to AFK and watch without swapping it and attacking you :joy:Its hilarious, so many hypocrites, these who say birds are bad are using double birds, the same PERSON in this thread said himself ranger is busted and now defending it :joy:
  1. That's why you kill the pet immediately
    after
    the ranger pet swaps. Doesn't take too many brain cells to figure out.
  2. The birds and tiger have 500 less armor than someone using berserker amulet. The pets don't dodge, and they don't condi cleanse, a.k.a. put some weakness on the pet and it's like killing a golem.Sure ranger politely will wait and let it die /sMy ranger has demolisher amulet and divinity rune (2607 armor, I even took more damage than the bird). So cut this nonsense about brids/tigers have ~1400 armor.
    XLFqu1t.png

@Odik.4587 said:

@Odik.4587 said:Ye, play a clown now like this other "ranger mains", just kill the pet, waste your cooldowns and health trying to trade with a pet and expect ranger to AFK and watch without swapping it and attacking you :joy:Its hilarious, so many hypocrites, these who say birds are bad are using double birds, the same PERSON in this thread said himself ranger is busted and now defending it :joy:
  1. That's why you kill the pet immediately
    after
    the ranger pet swaps. Doesn't take too many brain cells to figure out.
  2. The birds and tiger have 500 less armor than someone using berserker amulet. The pets don't dodge, and they don't condi cleanse, a.k.a. put some weakness on the pet and it's like killing a golem.Sure ranger politely will wait and let it die /sMy ranger has demolisher amulet and divinity rune (2607 armor, I even took more damage than the bird). So cut this nonsense about brids/tigers have ~1400 armor.

So don't tunnel vision the pet and ignore the ranger?

It's kind of funny what you're saying. You fight the ranger, and ignore the pet and die. Or... you fight the pet, and ignore the ranger and die.

It's not that hard to pay attention to both at the same time especially when one of them has an audible, giant bear to watch out for as the main source of damage. Also not sure why you have so much trouble killing a glass AI that doesn't dodge or condi clear.