Some ideas for Kit reworks

Shroud.2307

Grenade KitGreatly reduced Power coefficients and increased Condition stacks/duration per skill. Added Weakness ( 2 seconds ) to Grenade, skill #1.Reworked Grenade Barrage to apply Vulnerability x5, Confusion x5 and Slow 3s and strip Resistance per hit ( if Resistance is pulsing it will be removed multiple times during the attack ).

Bomb KitCompletely reworked each Bomb skill to a ranged attack with the same animation/travel time as Throw Mine ( 1/2 sec cast time ). Allowing the Bomb to travel all the way to it's target ( 425 ) will detonate the Bomb on impact. Double tapping the Bomb will detonate it early. Reduced number of targets to 3 on skills 1 - 3.

• Fire Bomb has been reworked and renamed to Shock Bomb. This skill now creates a Lightning Field for 3 seconds. The Power coefficient has been reduced.

• Concussion Bomb has been reworked and renamed to Magnetic Bomb. This skill now pulls targets toward the explosion on impact. The Power coefficient has been reduced and the recharge time has been increased to 18 seconds.

• Smoke Bomb is unchanged.

• Glue Bomb has been reworked and renamed to Scatter Bomb. This skill now explodes an additional time per target struck up to the threshold ( 5 ). The Power coefficient of this skill has been greatly increased ( 2.0 ) and the recharge time has been increased to 25 seconds.

Weak, OP, good, bad, I don't know. Just spit balling. Was reading another thread about the identity of Kits and feeling similarly about wishing they felt more unique. Started imagining some possible changes that would better solidify the purposes of both of these kits. Not sure about Tool Kit but I think the rest are okay or only need small adjustments. Feel free to chime in with your own ideas if you have them, I'm sure this isn't the first time this discussion has been had but I thought I'd start another.

Most of all, I just want Bomb Kit to become a ranged kit as I'd suggested. Keeping a short range and non-ground target would be a nice way to keep it different from Grenade Kit while making it a lot more practical.

In my opinion, grenade kit should focus on condition damage primarily while bomb kit deals the majority of damage using your power.

My changes would be:Grenade KitGrenade #1: Applying bleeding with every grenade, reduced power coefficient.Grenade #2: Shrapnel Grenade now applies torment instead of bleeding, reduced power coefficient.Grenade #3: Unchanged.Grenade #4: Concussion Grenade, applies confusion, reduced power coefficient.Grenade #5: Unchanged.

Grenade toolbelt skill: New feature here, it will stay a burst tool for the engineer, but it now has a twist. It still deals strike damage, but instead of scaling with your power coefficient, it scales with your condition damage!

Bomb KitBomb #1: Unchanged.Bomb #2: Thermobaric Bomb: Creates a fire field and dealing ticking power damage over the duration instead of applying burning stacks.Bomb #3: Shock Bomb: Deals damage and applies slow.Bomb #4: Unchanged.Bomb #5: Time Bomb: Unlike other bombs, this one will not explode automatically after 1 second. Instead, the skill will flip over to "Detonate Time Bomb". The damage it deals will increase for every second it has been charged up to a maximum. Also grants boons if being charged for longer than a specific threshold.

Bomb toolbelt skill: Unchanged.

Also I would let the bomb kit function the same as currently (laying a bomb where you are that explodes shortly after), since that makes it unique. What you described would basically make them the same like grenades, but just with a single bomb instead of 3 grenades.

Rework on nearly all kits is needed imo :) There are so many issues, flytime of nades and mortar is hillarious, not to mention the nades often dont reach their destination on unsteady terrain.

And can only agree on throwing bombs on short range. Already mentioned some ideas here as well