Can't finish Sunrise III collection: It requires the dark path in aquatic ruins fractal

Despite what devs said once, NO, the path it is not alternatig on a daily basis.

• Sunday: I tried 9 times: 9 dolphins
  • Monday: I tried 8 times: 8 dolphins

And no, the tier doesn't afect it. I tried T1 to T4, and I always get the dolphin path.

Is there a way, using abilities like "blink" or so, to get a damn plant to use the damn illuminator on it and so finish the damn collection?

It seems though this does not mean a guaranteed swap, but rather a chance for either of 50%. The chosen path will remain active for the entire day, no matter which difficulty or how many times you enter.

Suffice to say: the dark path does show up, it just might not be on a skip-day basis. Your only option is to wait for the dark path to become active.

@Pirindolo.9427 said:

@Cyninja.2954 said:Your only option is to wait for the dark path to become active.

Well, 0/9 sunday and 0/9 monday (1 more try today) suggest that something is not working as intended.

2 days is hardly a metric and again, the path dictated daily will remain the same, no matter how often you enter.

FYI, the dark path does come up. How do I know? I run fractals almost daily and have seen it come up since the change.

@Pirindolo.9427 said:

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:Maybe its a weekly rotation.

Monday: DolphinTuesday: DarkWednesday: DolphinThursday: DarkFriday:DolphinSaturday:DarkSunday:Dolphin

That would explain that both Monday and Sunday are Dolphin

Yeah, I also considered that, although any other rotations in game are different. Will do 9 more runs tomorrow :(

Good luck ?

@Pirindolo.9427 said:

@Cyninja.2954 said:Your only option is to wait for the dark path to become active.

Well, 0/9 sunday and 0/9 monday (1 more try today) suggest that something is not working as intended.

It isnt 0/9 because it remains locked to one the whole day. You can do it 100 times that day, it will still be the same. That was my understanding of how it worked

@Randulf.7614 said:

It isnt 0/9 because it remains locked to one the whole day. You can do it 100 times that day, it will still be the same. That was my understanding of how it worked

That's exactly how it works.

All which is needed is: check 1nce which underwater fractal is daily. Then either do it if it's the correct one or wait until the next day.

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:Well, the patch notes state it will rotate on a daily basis, instead of being random.https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Game_updates/2019-08-13#Aquatic_Ruins

Doesn't sound like it's WAI.

The problem is that the patch didn't mention when the switch over happens. Usually that means at reset unfortunately that is not the case.

When I was doing the collection it went something like this ...

Before reset but pretty close to reset - dolphinafter reset - dophinseveral hours later about maybe 1 hour before reset - dark path???

Edit: Probably changes at midnight Pacific time which is when a bunch of other stuff changes as well

• 2 months later...

From what i remember, it does not alternate dark/dolphin/dark/dolphin (and so on), but rather every day the daily choice gets picked by random. So, the same path can show up for a few days in a row, but eventually the other one will appear.

By the way, at some point it was possible to, before triggering the boss fight, just go back from the boss chamber to either one of the paths, and thus get the bioluminescence that way even if the wrong path was active. I'm not sure if it's possible still, though, as i haven't checked it in a very long while.

@"Pirindolo.9427" said:Solved. TY for the answers. It turns out that the daily change happens not when the real day changes.At 18:30 (my local time), which is 30 minutes after the gemstore update time, the dark path was active, while in the morning the dolphin path was active.

daily server reset is at 0am UTC (so indeed when the "real day" changes for anyone in the Universal Time Coordination), which is 2am for me (UTC+2) - i dont know what timezone youre in though.thats also the timer for the fractal daily rotation - i doubt the timer for aquatic ruins path is different from that.

@Hyrai.8720 said:

@"Pirindolo.9427" said:Solved. TY for the answers. It turns out that the daily change happens not when the real day changes.At 18:30 (my local time), which is 30 minutes after the gemstore update time, the dark path was active, while in the morning the dolphin path was active.

daily server reset is at 0am UTC (so indeed when the "real day" changes for anyone in the
U
niversal
T
ime
C
oordination), which is 2am for me (UTC+2) - i dont know what timezone youre in though.thats also the timer for the fractal daily rotation - i doubt the timer for aquatic ruins path is different from that.

That would be true if the game actually stuck to a single reset timer but unfortunately there are a bunch of other reset times.

PSNA even has two. One for when the inventory changes and one for when the locations change. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Pact_Supply_Network_Agent#Locations

I didn’t even realize there were different paths. I did the dolphin one only many times previously in tiers 1-2. I took a break from fractals for awhile, came back and got to T4, and then I started playing aquatic and got the dark path every time. Thought it was just a T4 thing because it’s hard as hell if you don’t do it right. Didn’t realize it was random or set days.