Resilient noob build without pets?

Inguz.6493

I've been tinkering with specs, axe+focus and a Carapace/Shroud focused spec with pets is what seems to make me survive longer than 2 seconds in Conquest and allows me to dish out damage, while providing utility through stacking Vulnerability. Problem is, I don't like to have ALL these pets but would still be able to consistently float around 25-30 Carapace for the extra -33% Protection buff on top of the already mitigated damage. But, how could I achieve this?

You could run the wvw frontline build and modify it a bit for PvP. This would look like this:

But this build works only in team fights.

Personally I would change the wells to spectral defense skills to be able to handle 1v1 situations a lot better:

You won't build up carapace as good as with the wells version, but you have still a better defense.

All in all: slow but tanky and basically immune to conditions - and no pets.

A quick forward note. Death Carapace was gutted so I wouldn't generally recommend taking DM at the moment. That said, if you want to completely disregard standard thought here is a build guide for DM bruiser reaper.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PSwAc2FlJwaYeYl45dl2qB-z5gfGVsCCZK4kB3rd Utility is generally free but the following skills work well:Well of Power, You Are All Weaklings, Nothing Can Save You, Plague Signet

For building Death Carapace

• Notable condition clears, 3 DC / eachSuffer, Spectral walk, Passive removal, Greatsword sigil

• Notable condition applications, 1 DC / eachShroud AA, RS4, GS4, Focus4, Elite

This build scales for larger fights which can drop YSIM and Suffer's cooldown to 13s

Generally use RS2, GS5, and Spectral walk to jump in and out of cover when heavy CD's are available.

RS5 and your Elite are both setups to heavy bursts (both grant +27% damage from chill and stun), try and bait stab/stunbreak first

You are significantly weaker against fast condition clear, if your chill doesn't stick don't fight.