50 fps on high-end PC

Long story short, my fps average in the game is 50fps and maxes out at 65 when the place is empty. I also noticed in my task manager that the game is consuming 35% of my cpu and 40% of my gpu, and 2GB of ram.

Computer specs:OS: windows 10Mobo: z390 strix eGPU: asus strix rtx 2080 superCPU: liquid cooled i7 8700k 4.7ghz on all coresRAM: 16gb 3200mhz (dual channel)

I originally thought that my issue was from my old 980ti GPU, but swapping the GPU made absolutely no difference. Please help

Ok5Y5s1.png

Shaders, Shadows, and Reflections are hitting hard on performance. Maybe you should lower Shaders in order to gain more FPS. But in the end, the game’s engine (DirectX 9 based) is completely outdated and won’t use much of the GPU or multi core CPU.I highly recommend d912pxy, which is very easy to handle, to boost your game’s performance.

my fps average in the game is 50fps and maxes out at 65 when the place is empty. I also noticed in my task manager that the game is consuming 35% of my cpu and 40% of my gpu, and 2GB of ram.Your CPU is heavily limiting your GPU. That's normal for a system like yours in GW2.

You can maximize everything but shadows and reflections (leave both on "none"!). These are the most demanding CPU settings. Charactermodel limit and quality is a double edged sword as esp. in wvw you might see encounters too late to be able to react.

You won't get stable 60 fps in GW2 with any CPU on the market. GW2 has too much stuff to calculate on the mainthread which then bottlenecks your whole CPU.

Use GPU-Z to check the speed of the bus interface. It should be x8 minimum; any lower will severely impact GW2.

If you changed GPUs on an existing installation, delete Local.dat (found under, %appdata%/Guild Wars 2/ and optionally under Documents/Guild Wars 2/).

@Kiraiami.6910 said:@Mack.3045 1080p @ 144hz. That's why 50-60fps isn't satisfying at all.

Yeh completely agree ! Something wrong there. When i had my GTX970 i was getting more than that except for zergy areas and Lions Arch etc. I was using a 1080p monitor with 120Hz. The game would happily push out 80-120 fps to V-sync.

You could always try a fresh Windows Install ?

@"Mack.3045" astonishing resultsGvBP0UR.pngThis picture was taken during a world boss. I'm pretty satisfied with the results. I have limited my fps to 60 to reduce stutters. I noticed something strange though, my game GPU usage dropped all the way to 0% why is that?

@"Kiraiami.6910" said:GvBP0UR.pngBy the way, you can lower the Character Model Quality, since your Character Limit­ is on Low. You only need as much as models are actually rendered. I—for example—always have Limit on Lowest. Therefore, Quality only needs to be on Low in order to show those 10 rendered characters not as low models.

You can also consider to not use Supersampling. The performance boost should be enough to activate (dynamic) shadows again, which are more valuable for the immersion.

@"AllNightPlayer.1286" said:You can also consider to not use Supersampling. The performance boost should be enough to activate (dynamic) shadows again, which are more valuable for the immersion."Supersampling" uses GPU ressources and "Shadows" use CPU ressources.

You can not trade one for the other because they stress different components in your PC. If you are CPU bound then adding supersampling won't lower your fps and if you are GPU bound then adding shadows won't lower your fps.

The benefit of the supersampling setting is dependent on your used resolution. At 1080p it is huge. The game flickers like crazy on native 1080p rendering.

The benefit of the whole shadow setting is not worth the performance cost to my opinion. The game has tons of pre-baked shadows and ambient occusion (which is calculated on the GPU). The absence of additional real time shadows is not a big deal.

That is really good FPS for the game. Your PC is as HIGH end as it can be.. Right now everyone is getting server errors, log-in errors, image freezes and experiencing monumental lag and ping due to the servers not being run properly. There's a new post about it every day on reddit.

In general, FPS is not the only thing you should be looking at when playing a game. Anyone doing professional benchmarking will tell you this.