The Titans Will Return

Aridon.8362

Now that the bloodstone powering the Door of Komalie that prevents the Titans from entering Tyria is shattered, it's likely that the Titans will come back from the Foundry of Failed Creations. From what I understand the Foundry is a special location located in the Domain of Anguish within the Really of Torment that Abbadon was imprisoned in. It connects to the underworld which is connected to the underworld via the bone pits, both being located within the mists.

Now I'm just taking a guess that the Titans must already have some sort of influence on a dragon, and the dragon I'm looking at in this scenario is Primordus. It's likely that the Titans that gave the Flame Legion their powers are coming back with a vengeance. In relation to Jormag, it's just one other big massive ball level of a problem to think about just to realize how bad things are going to become in Tyria.

I thought the Bloodstone at the Ring of Fire was now underwater? When did it shatter? And who is now making the Titans given we defeated Abaddon and all his demons like Mallyx who oversaw their creation? I;d have thought Kormir ended all that when she took over the Realm of Torment and the Heroes vanquished the Domains.

Titans are just constructs made from twisted spirits - how would they influence a supremely powerful Elder Dragon?

Also, wasn't Gorseval a sort of Titan?

@Randulf.7614 said:I thought the Bloodstone at the Ring of Fire was now underwater? When did it shatter? And who is now making the Titans given we defeated Abaddon and all his demons like Mallyx who oversaw their creation? I;d have thought Kormir ended all that when she took over the Realm of Torment and the Heroes vanquished the Domains.

Titans are just constructs made from twisted spirits - how would they influence a supremely powerful Elder Dragon?

I always thought of Gorseval as a proto titan-dragon hybrid, given that he was initially formed from spirits residing inside the bloodstone.

Maybe the titans are spiritual relatives of the Elder Dragons?

@Stephen.6312 said:

@Randulf.7614 said:I thought the Bloodstone at the Ring of Fire was now underwater? When did it shatter? And who is now making the Titans given we defeated Abaddon and all his demons like Mallyx who oversaw their creation? I;d have thought Kormir ended all that when she took over the Realm of Torment and the Heroes vanquished the Domains.

I always thought of Gorseval as a proto titan-dragon hybrid, given that he was initially formed from spirits residing inside the bloodstone.

I don't see the Dragon connection?

@Randulf.7614 said:

I don't see the Dragon connection?

Yeah, fair enough. Everything is based on conjecture. Hence I posed it as a question.

Still, the theory is...that the Bloodstone is made of Elder Dragon blood. Only the blood of the terrestrial dragons, though. The DSD's blood was never forged into the stone.

When the Maguuma bloodstone exploded, researchers at Bloodstone Fen noted that those exposed to the explosion behaved much like Elder Dragon minions.

So, in a roundabout way, the theory is that beings grafted through the stone, possibly including the sylvari, are somehow related to the Elder Dragons.

Just my pet theory :), nothing more.

@"Aridon.8362" said:Now that the bloodstone powering the Door of Komalie that prevents the Titans from entering Tyria is shattered, it's likely that the Titans will come back from the Foundry of Failed Creations. From what I understand the Foundry is a special location located in the Domain of Anguish within the Really of Torment that Abbadon was imprisoned in. It connects to the underworld which is connected to the underworld via the bone pits, both being located within the mists.

Ignoring the fact that nothing indicates that the Ring of Fire bloodstone has an altered state (maybe you're mistaking the Maguuma Bloodstone for it?): not very likely for the reason that the titans are not naturally-occurring creatures. The Titans were created via rituals performed by The Fury, who was killed in Nighfall. The Fury was a servant of Dhuum, so if the titans were to ever show up in GW2, then during Hall of Chains would have been the best time to do so.

Besides, even if some titans were naturally occurring in the Realm of Torment, it wouldn't be in the Foundry of Failed Creations which was a prison managed by the Forgotten - again, in Nightfall, it was cleared out, and the Realm of Torment was made into Kormir's Realm so it'd be likely that all other demonic entities slowly got wiped out from the Realm of Torment.

There is the implication of Gorseval being a "natural Titan", but if so then such is very rare, not restricted to the Realm of Torment (or even the Mists), and wouldn't be related to the Elder Dragons at all (least of all Primordus).

Now I'm just taking a guess that the Titans must already have some sort of influence on a dragon, and the dragon I'm looking at in this scenario is Primordus. It's likely that the Titans that gave the Flame Legion their powers are coming back with a vengeance. In relation to Jormag, it's just one other big massive ball level of a problem to think about just to realize how bad things are going to become in Tyria.

Why would demonic servants of Dhuum granted to Abaddon to bolster his armies have any affiliation with Elder Dragons? At that, why Primordus, who has zero relation to the Mists and souls, unlike Jormag?

@"Stephen.6312" said:Still, the theory is...that the Bloodstone is made of Elder Dragon blood. Only the blood of the terrestrial dragons, though. The DSD's blood was never forged into the stone.

Doesn't seem very likely, for two reasons. First is that we see what happens when Jormag's and Kralkatorrik's blood is solidified, and neither come close to resembling the Bloodstone. Second, and far more importantly, is that the Seers created the Bloodstone with "divine resources" - divine magic is often made to be the opposite of dragon magic.

Would make more sense if the Bloodstone was created out of the blood of a dead god or something that the Seers once worshiped.

@Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

@"Aridon.8362" said:Now that the bloodstone powering the Door of Komalie that prevents the Titans from entering Tyria is shattered, it's likely that the Titans will come back from the Foundry of Failed Creations. From what I understand the Foundry is a special location located in the Domain of Anguish within the Really of Torment that Abbadon was imprisoned in. It connects to the underworld which is connected to the underworld via the bone pits, both being located within the mists.

Ignoring the fact that nothing indicates that the Ring of Fire bloodstone has an altered state (maybe you're mistaking the Maguuma Bloodstone for it?): not very likely for the reason that the titans are not naturally-occurring creatures. The Titans were created via rituals performed by The Fury, who was killed in Nighfall. The Fury was a servant of Dhuum, so if the titans were to ever show up in GW2, then during Hall of Chains would have been the best time to do so.

Besides, even if some titans were naturally occurring in the Realm of Torment, it wouldn't be in the Foundry of Failed Creations which was a prison managed by the Forgotten - again, in Nightfall, it was cleared out, and the Realm of Torment was made into Kormir's Realm so it'd be likely that all other demonic entities slowly got wiped out from the Realm of Torment.

There is the implication of Gorseval being a "natural Titan", but if so then such is very rare, not restricted to the Realm of Torment (or even the Mists), and wouldn't be related to the Elder Dragons at all (least of all Primordus).

Why would demonic servants of Dhuum granted to Abaddon to bolster his armies have any affiliation with Elder Dragons? At that, why Primordus, who has zero relation to the Mists and souls, unlike Jormag?

@"Stephen.6312" said:Still, the theory is...that the Bloodstone is made of Elder Dragon blood. Only the blood of the terrestrial dragons, though. The DSD's blood was never forged into the stone.

Doesn't seem very likely, for two reasons. First is that we see what happens when Jormag's and Kralkatorrik's blood is solidified, and neither come close to resembling the Bloodstone. Second, and far more importantly, is that the Seers created the Bloodstone with "divine resources" - divine magic is often made to be the
opposite
of dragon magic.

Would make more sense if the Bloodstone was created out of the blood of a dead god or something that the Seers once worshiped.

The trouble, Konig, is that no evidence of a "dead god" or "something that the Seers once worshipped" has ever been revealed. Whereas the evidence advanced in Bloodstone Fen is much, much safer. An association is formed within the minds of Tyrians, in which they think of those altered by the Maguuma stone in a remarkably similar way to Elder Dragon minions.

Regarding the Bloodstone.

As Konig mentioned the Stone was created by the Seers with enhanced magical abilities they obtained from the Shadowstones and some unknown divine resources.It was specifically created to hide magic from the Elder Dragons but it was not known as a Bloodstone during this time however and this took place long before the Human Gods came to Tyria so whatever those divine resources were they did not come from any known divine beings we know of today.(There could be lacking information there though regarding the forgotton as we know they were around during the last Elder Dragon rising and they did associate themselves with the Human Gods however it is not known if they had any connection to the Human Gods before they arrived with Humans or if their relationship went back long before Humans came to Tyria)

The name Bloodstone came a long time after it's creation when the Human Gods sealed magic within it using King Dorics blood.. this being the event that made Abaddon rebel against the other Gods.The Bloodstone was later split into fire pieces to limit the mortal races ability to use magic and they also enhanced the fragments power by drawing magic from Zhaitan.

Outisde of the stones being created to hide magic from Elder Dragons and the fragments being enhanced by drawing from zhaitan they have no other connection to Elder Dragons that we know of.

@"Stephen.6312" said:The trouble, Konig, is that no evidence of a "dead god" or "something that the Seers once worshipped" has ever been revealed. Whereas the evidence advanced in Bloodstone Fen is much, much safer. An association is formed within the minds of Tyrians, in which they think of those altered by the Maguuma stone in a remarkably similar way to Elder Dragon minions.

The statement that the Seers used divine resources is that evidence that the creation of the Bloodstone is, well, requiring divine resources. Is it evidence for a dead god or a god worshiped by the Seers? Not necessarily - hence the theory bit. But it outright points away from the origin being Elder Dragon related.

That said, you're also mistaken in one bit. Dragon minions, or a similarity between the magic addiction of Bloodstone-Crazed individuals to dragon minions, is NOT once mentioned in Bloodstone Fen or S3E1. That is a pure player-made association, that only ever actually held any actual weight with War Eternal.

So, "the trouble, Stephen, is that no evidence of "dragons" has ever been revealed." :)