WvW Support Spellbreaker - Useful trolling?

kshaeko.5647

@"Arctisavange.7261" said:For anyone needing support spellbreaker build, heres a up to date one:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKwEwEmosAGG7iJxOxRfa9tB-zVIYf0xXI9kCBFBpWAqeJCwe4t43mF-w

Clerics stats is mainly there cause of "Vigorous shouts" traitline which converts power into healing power (250 extra more healing stats added cause of that). When you have might stacks from either allies or from your "For great justice" skill, you also get that conversion applied into healing power.

Nope, u don't get extra healing power from might stacks.

@JusticeRetroHunter.7684 said:Ya your right. Sorry haven’t logged into the game for a while now. I knew I was wrong, but I didn’t have enough time to fact check what i said.

I have definitely cleansed more than 5 conditions with Super Elixir before.

But no this is definitely how it works. I tested it and there’s also a note on the wiki.

And I've tested the trait cleansing by swapping and it did not work (though I didn't look into it that much).

i remember testing this, and i believe I remember it procing on using Medkit. It’s been a while since I’ve played the game so I should probably check again to confirm this but I’m just not available to do so.

Just ran around in WvW watching it like a hawk. Spam of med kit and all its abilities but 3 resulted in 0 clears. Bandage self didn't even clear. It might be bugged or medkit got coded to not work with it or something. Super Elixir does indeed only clear 5. That loss actually makes FB the king of condi clears if you take virtues over valor, take purging flame in the slot MI use to be in, and carry a torch. Albeit they are usually doing other things so do not recommend that.

Hammer seems like a joke. I would gladly trade some of the CC (5 skills, really?) for damage, because it's not doing any! Fierce Blow is supposed to be a big hitter, but the most I get out of Crits is 900.

That's strange. I've seen your stats, maybe a mix of cleric and minstrel isn't idea for damage. I run zerker weapons, cleric armor (with some Knight pieces), cleric and minstrel rest and I do crit controlled (!) enemies for over 5k. Not much, but my stats are not focused on damage, as I like to focus more on CC, strips and cleanses. The damage is mostly to deter gankers.

Also, with all the stability buffs around, skills 3-4-5 end up missing completely (invuln.), even with Break Enchantments cast just before. With a 25 second cooldown and a 1 second wind-up, Backbreaker seems to land maybe once every 20 attempts. Earthshaker and Staggering Blow also seem very flawed.

I do not see what break enchantments might do to you being blinded or under weakness, which might well cause misses. INvulnerable can be an issue, but in my experience, unless you are vastly outnumbered or your own people do not know what they are doing, break enchantments does do the trick.I have no issue with Backbreaker either. Especially the f1->f2->f1 hammer combo does a lot of CC. Of course do not try to pull it off on an enemy zerg which is just buffing / hast just buffed. I typically go on with dagger+warhorn first, engaging with dagger 2, firing break enchantments (at least if bubble isn't up or worth it), maybe try some dagger 3 and f1 for minor cc and strripping and then activate hammer. And usually (not always! - usually!) this is very effective. In many fights this manages to out-strip scourges or even keep up with them (even if bubble is not available).You do absolutely need additional support though. If your party does not someone doing additional cleansing like a scrapper, you might still be in trouble. If your fb isn't good, you will be in trouble due to the lack of stab.Yes, I just said, that in a spb party it does not hurt at all to have a fb AND a scrapper! This is how the meta currently works (at least on my server). And obv not every party needs a spellbreaker, but you can still use them and they can be uzilized to terrible effectivity. Maybe not damage-wise, but they disrupt the enemy structure with a massive amount of CC and strips.

• 1 month later...

@"Blocki.4931" said:Warrior has CC and Fierce Blow is still very much capable of hitting up to 8k while providing cleanses and boon strip. Earth Shaker is one of the strongest skills the entire class has.

Earthshaker is nothing but a mere shadow of what it used to be. To say that Earthshaker is one of the strongest skills a warrior has is bogus.You could argue that the 1-2-3 (3 on max adrenaline) second stun compensates for the ridiculous nerf this ability has undergone, but all classes have 1 or more abilities that could easily counter it. The only ability hammer has that provides any fair damage is Fierce blow (Fierce blow does not crit at 8k easily, but 6k atleast), Hammer Shock is "okay", but the three other abilities now do next to nothing due to "no damage on CC", which is an absolute travesty

Full Berserkers Ascended Gear/Weapon Commander Spellbreakers are extinct now i guess.

But there is one that I remember.

And it's the most mobile commander in WvWvW.

That warrior can tank all the red circles and other similar in your face profession tanks with that warrior, then they spread, they go within the midliners casters, wait for the cooldown and do the Claw technic or Amoeba technic again.

And if you do this, zerg stacking is not an option, but sometimes necessary.

and it can even lead a (paper) tower defense with some sup arrow carts with only 1/2 of the Map Queue enemy zerg #s that is trying to assault you.

and i'm thinking that they're extinct coz no one can play the setup properly.