This game's ambience and music can really be otherworldly...

Michram.6853

I thought I'd mix music and ambience together in an unique way, so I thought I'd experiment with the sound itself: how strange GW2's music can sound if we add ambience, letting it taking control over the music... slowly falling into those undescribable sounds, when you can't really pick leitmotives, the structure, unified melody.

It shows how music can translate sense out of chaos itself. - embodies it...

It's interesting to see in a lot of sci-fi/fantasy movies and series' soundtracks that music doesn't really try to embody that chaos into a coherent melody., in contrary - soundtracks don't really try to make the best orchestral arrangements, but they abandon that cohesion to capture the chaos as it is.

I hope you will enjoy listening to that small compilation. :)

Take care, guys :)

Whilst I don't think this is mixing the ambience or the environment in the way you had hoped it would. I do think you've stumbled - rather through luck more than anything else - into a compilation which tells a story of "something" rather than the slightly more pretentious description of bringing chaos into a coherent melody which doesn't really mean a whole lot. The best orchestral compilations for fantasy tell a story. I think what has especially helped here is that Maclaine and team are very very good at composing darker story themes that link together very well.

The person in the comment box talking about hinting at something "beyond" is a good description for the "story" here, although it is of course nonsense since it is clear the writers have seeded virtually nothing in their story as they make and remake as the go along. The above compilation has that sort of cosmic feel though.

So, yes I did rather enjoy the video (the artwork was also well chosen), but it wasn't anything to do with what you what trying to relay in your description