Class Swapping During AT Rounds After The Match Has Started - It Really Needs To Be Locked

I'm not going to go into a long winded explanation of why class swapping needs to be locked in ATs after the match starts.

But it does need to be locked. Swap all you want before the match begins. After the match begins, everyone's character should be locked.

During final rounds of ATs, try-hard teams will swap, and then your team needs to counter swap, and then they swap to something to counter you, and then you have to swap. It's really just beginning to turn into a painful chore in the play dynamic. I think I speak for most people when I say that, we want to spend our time in the final round actually in combat doing things in the match, not in our character select screens.

After an AT match begins, please just lock characters, exactly the way that it works in ranked.

It should be locked before you enter, i.e (clicking accept). None of this oh well they have this spec I will relog. You picked the class you wanted to play before you entered the match not after you have seen the enemies comp.

Just another way to match manipulate thats been going on for far to long.

@skillze.7689 said:It should be locked before you enter, i.e (clicking accept). None of this oh well they have this spec I will relog. You picked the class you wanted to play before you entered the match not after you have seen the enemies comp.

This is a very bad suggestion because the class you pick depends on the map that you play on.

Furthermore I almost always see the team that rerolls midgame lose. Either the reroll didnt solve their problem or the time that they had to 4v5 was too devastating. But if its locked im fine with it too, it doesnt have that much of an impact as people believe it has.

@HeadCrowned.6834 said:

@skillze.7689 said:It should be locked before you enter, i.e (clicking accept). None of this oh well they have this spec I will relog. You picked the class you wanted to play before you entered the match not after you have seen the enemies comp.

This is a very bad suggestion because the class you pick depends on the map that you play on.

Furthermore I almost always see the team that rerolls midgame lose. Either the reroll didnt solve their problem or the time that they had to 4v5 was too devastating. But if its locked im fine with it too, it doesnt have that much of an impact as people believe it has.

Assume your choice of class on whatever map you end playing ?

@HeadCrowned.6834 said:

@Kulvar.1239 said:Assume your choice of class on whatever map you end playing ?

Why would you want to dumb things down like that? Different maps require different strategies and so different classes. That makes the game more interesting.

This. If ATs would actually be competitive in high tiers you would expect map specific rerollings way more often then they are happening right now.

@skillze.7689 said:

It has nothing to do what class you pick and if it actually did then everyone would be re-rolling to the same class for every map,

Did you even think about what you said before you typed it ?

Nice logic man. Some maps benefit teamfights more, some benefit roaming comps more. A team might benefit from you rerolling to a roamer, sidenoder or teamfighter. You can adjust your team comp accordingly, without the whole team rerolling but just 1 or 2 players. A good comp for a specific map exists of different classes, not 1 class for all 5 teammates. But that might be too difficult for you to comprehend. Now hop back to silver.

@HeadCrowned.6834 said:

It has nothing to do what class you pick and if it actually did then everyone would be re-rolling to the same class for every map,

Nice logic man. Some maps benefit teamfights more, some benefit roaming comps more. A team might benefit from you rerolling to a roamer, sidenoder or teamfighter. You can adjust your team comp accordingly, without the whole team rerolling but just 1 or 2 players. A good comp for a specific map exists of different classes, not 1 class for all 5 teammates. But that might be too difficult for you to comprehend. Now hop back to silver.

since you posted that comment many people have told you the same thing as i have just said, all you are doing is making bad excuse for a mechanic thats been exploited since the conception of the game, just give up mate. Honestly im sick to death of people like you making bad excuses for trying to keep exploitable mechanics in the game. example A, loads thief into game low winrate! switches to necro with high winrate and then continues to exploit the match maker. Its a joke and should be removed

@HeadCrowned.6834 said:

The only thing you should be allowed to adjust based on the map is your build, not your class.

• 3 weeks later...

Honestly the biggest issue is class stacking. That crap is gross and needs to go. If people want to switch? Fine, but take out class stacking so people won’t just roll three of whatever class is doing that and more. Seriously, most games don’t even allow you to do this, so why would Anet allow this here????

• 6 months later...

I can confirm this is still happening. We were winning halfway through the first game of AT when the deadeye switched to holosmith which somehow made them win the game at the end. I don't understand why you can't switch characters mid-game in ranked but AT they allow it. It used to be a problem in ranked till they changed yet I'm seeing posts from 2018 of people bringing up the issue in AT but nothing has been done to fix this match manipulation.

I think you should be able to change your traitlines around in a match only. Only in the death screen. No weapon, no ammulet change just trait lines. That should be enough to just make ur build relevant and competitive in the next fight if you end up underhanded. Since everyone can do it, it can make each fight that much more exciting and unexpected.

@Eddbopkins.2630 said:I think you should be able to change your traitlines around in a match only. Only in the death screen. No weapon, no ammulet change just trait lines. That should be enough to just make ur build relevant and competitive in the next fight if you end up underhanded. Since everyone can do it, it can make each fight that much more exciting and unexpected.

Hey, I've been saying it for a looooooong time. I wouldn't mind if while you sit in the respawn, you could completely change your build just like in a custom arena, but only while in the spawn and only with the character you started the match with. I would not care at all if a Thief was toggling between PD, DP, SD, Rifle DE through the entire match. Honestly I think it would be much much more interesting than the way things are now, and would give us a good reason to put those build templates to work.

Allowing something like that would greatly diversify our meta game experience, which would be good going into year 9. Rather than having just 1 build that's useful per patching, we'd start seeing people collaborate triple build panel metas, where a class had 3 gear/build swaps that could accommodate 3 different job if it needed rather than just 1. It would also widen the gap of difference between new/casual players who only know how to play 1 build on a class, and old veteran mains who know a class up & down all builds. <- I think we need that again.

But entire character/class swapping, no. That really needs to stop.

@skillze.7689 said:

since you posted that comment many people have told you the same thing as i have just said, all you are doing is making bad excuse for a mechanic thats been exploited since the conception of the game, just give up mate. Honestly im sick to death of people like you making bad excuses for trying to keep exploitable mechanics in the game. example A, loads thief into game low winrate! switches to necro with high winrate and then continues to exploit the match maker. Its a joke and should be removed

One of the best players on EU is explaining something and than some goldmasters come arround the corner and say "no no"

That's beyond dumb