Any chance of Anet bring at least one more elite spec?

ancafr.9274

@Sobx.1758 said:Considering there's another expansion planned for the future, it's safe to say that there is a chance.

@Teratus.2859 said:Chances are we'll get 1 more set of Elite Specs although I have a feeling that this will be the last time we get them.

I hope so guys, there are a few things 'missing' in game for eli spec in my opinion like the previous one i mention for ranger, maybe a ranged warrior/thief trait focused on bow/shortbow etc etc.. possibilities are many.

Pretty sure that we are going to get another elite spec for each class with the upcoming expac. Kinda doubt that the ranger one will focus on ranged DPS, tho.

Mostly all elite specs we got so far can roughly get seperated in 3 archetypes: DPS, bruiser, and support.Warrior: dps (berserker) and bruiser (spellbreaker)Guardian: dps (dragonhunter) and support (firebrand)Revenant: dps (renegade) and support (herald)Thief: dps (deadeye) and bruiser (daredevil)Ranger: dps (soulbeast) and support (druid)Engineer: dps (holosmith) and bruiser (scrapper)Elementalist: dps (weaver) and support (tempest)Necromancer: bruiser (reaper) and support (scourge)Mesmer: dps (mirage) and support (chronomancer)

At least that's how I would sort them in.Which could possibly mean (that's just my interpretation) that the third elite spec will fill the third missing niche for each class.

Warrior: support (commander with staff?)Guardian: bruiserRevenant: bruiserThief: support (would imagine a gang leader who summons his gang for multiple support purposes)Ranger: bruiser (maybe the bunny thumper people were asking for so long with a hammer?)Engineer: support (some kind of chemist? maybe with axe or mace)Elementalist: bruiser (maybe some kind of magic knight?)Necromancer: dps (giving up their shroudd mechanic replacing their health to get a damage oriented shroud, maybe with sword?)Mesmer: bruiser

For ranger anything that involves ranged like pistol or rifle. Personally i like rifle or at least pistol since there is no elite spec that involves Pistol(same goes for warrior).

For elementalist would be nice to have something that focus on a single element and easier mechanics instead multiple, for exemple fire= full burst dmg dps and faster cds, water = full heal support, earth = more tanky condition or dps, electricity = full support, lower cds and cc and maybe one new element like arcane. And can wear shields or pistol.

@"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:Please stop with staffs and warrior... Pistol and support will work fine. Also :+1: for bunny thumper.

Just think a staff makes way more sense for a supportive commander archetype.If I think about a warrior with a pistol, then "support" is not the first thing coming to my mind.

Also people were asking for landspear and polearms in general alot, considering what they did with staff for thieves, I think this is a possible way to implement something like this. Give the staff a polearm skin (maybe even with a banner) and we are good to go.

@Kodama.6453 said:

@"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:Please stop with staffs and warrior... Pistol and support will work fine. Also :+1: for bunny thumper.

Just think a staff makes way more sense for a supportive commander archetype.If I think about a warrior with a pistol, then "support" is not the first thing coming to my mind.

Also people were asking for landspear and polearms in general alot, considering what they did with staff for thieves, I think this is a possible way to implement something like this. Give the staff a polearm skin (maybe even with a banner) and we are good to go.

Yes. Spears, not staffs. Nothing is stopping the Commander from hanging out in the Midline with a pistol directing battle while popping rounds off other than no pistols for warriors yet. Also, warrior has enough melee weapons, it needs mid range support, I cannot see warrior using staff from midrange unless they make a land spear that is throwable. Not saying I would not play the next warrior e-spec if it is a staff based one, I'll just b!tch about on the forums.

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:Please stop with staffs and warrior... Pistol and support will work fine. Also :+1: for bunny thumper.

Yes. Spears, not staffs. Nothing is stopping the Commander from hanging out in the Midline with a pistol directing battle while popping rounds off other than no pistols for warriors yet. Also, warrior has enough melee weapons, it needs mid range support, I cannot see warrior using staff from midrange unless they make a land spear that is throwable. Not saying I would not play the next warrior e-spec if it is a staff based one, I'll just b!tch about on the forums.

Staff (at least in my opinion) is the only realistic way they will implement the polearm playstyle in the game at all. Highly doubt that they will let us use the spears which are supposed to be underwater weapons on land.

Also I mostly care for flavour and thematics. And how I envisioned the commander, they would use preparation skills (the skill type from the thief, which gets set like a trap, but activated manually) to prepare the battlefield for advantages. And considering how these skills are layed on the ground, combining this with a new melee weapon for the warrior makes the most sense.

@Kodama.6453 said:

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:Please stop with staffs and warrior... Pistol and support will work fine. Also :+1: for bunny thumper.

Staff (at least in my opinion) is the only realistic way they will implement the polearm playstyle in the game at all. Highly doubt that they will let us use the spears which are supposed to be underwater weapons on land.

Also I mostly care for flavour and thematics. And how I envisioned the commander, they would use preparation skills (the skill type from the thief, which gets set like a trap, but activated manually) to prepare the battlefield for advantages. And considering how these skills are layed on the ground, combining this with a new melee weapon for the warrior makes the most sense.

To each their own, but I do not think it would be so hard to bring spears and tridents onto land.

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

To each their own, but I do not think it would be so hard to bring spears and tridents onto land.

There are some problems about this in my opinion.For example: economy. Tridents and spears have been "cheaper" weapons for the entire history of the game. A legendary underwater weapon can not get compared with legendary land weapons when it comes to price. This is considered in every economy point of the game, since these weapons are very limited because of being tied to underwater content.

They would have to completely reevaluate these weapons if they are available on land.

@Kodama.6453 said:

There are some problems about this in my opinion.For example: economy. Tridents and spears have been "cheaper" weapons for the entire history of the game. A legendary underwater weapon can not get compared with legendary land weapons when it comes to price. This is considered in every economy point of the game, since these weapons are very limited because of being tied to underwater content.

They would have to completely reevaluate these weapons if they are available on land.

Why? They are cheaper only because of supply and demand. The prices would go up as soon as such a thing were announced. As to the people who would have gotten them earlier for cheaper, the same can be said for those who got the Gen 1s earlier in the game's history when they were cheaper, that is just how life is. There are a large number of nice spear and trident skins that rarely get used as is and it would be lovely to see them out and about more often.

@SkyCakeLight.3750 said:I think a support Warrior with a pistol would be a pretty cool idea. Pistol makes more sense to me than staff, though that's mostly because I really like Warhammer. Either one would be fun!

Pistol + shield or scepter + shield would work great for support warrior, shortbow and longbow would also be a really good idea for elementalist. As for ranger with rifle or pistol hehe.

• 2 weeks later...

@ancafr.9274 said:Specially for ranger, I mean focused on ranged damage instead ranged support.

Doesn't LBow do that? I mean, if you want a ranged weapon that does DPS on the order of melee, that's probably going to be a tall order because of the intrinsic advantages long ranged weapons give.

And yes, i have no doubts that if Anet doesn't want to unplug the servers ... another espec will be released with the next expansion.

@Obtena.7952 said:

@ancafr.9274 said:Specially for ranger, I mean focused on ranged
damage
instead ranged support.

Doesn't LBow do that? I mean, if you want a ranged weapon that does DPS on the order of melee, that's probably going to be a tall order because of the intrinsic advantages long ranged weapons give.

And yes, i have no doubts that if Anet doesn't want to unplug the servers ... another espec will be released with the next expansion.

We hope so and that is one more reason to get people to spend a little more and also for anet to fix some 'missing parts(skills)' for the classes. Everyone gets happy players that will get new skills and weapons for the classes and anet who will earn more $$$$ xD. I still have hope to see ranger with pistol/dual pistol or rifle hehe(new pets too).

• 2 weeks later...

They need to have 4 or 5 Elites Specializations. I really thought they would have had concrete ideas when they first come up with the concept, but it seems like they're creating ideas as they go along. I know new technologies come and they're making adjustments as times changing, but I think the players aren't even asking for all the things their trying to do.

To be honest, they could have simply added a skill type and weapon to a class that didn't have it, like the first elites, but what they did with the second elites, they created whole new skill types. They did a great job, but they didn't have to go so big. Plus with all the tweaks they're making to skills, like changing thieves' traps to preparations and chsnges to some engineer skills..., those could have been skills for new elites.

I know that in the end this is ANet's game, but if their have problems coming up with elite skills, I'd say keep it simple, they have a good thing going. Elites were supposed to help the professions feel like a secondary class, fill a role that profession was missing, or fill a thematic void of that profession. 5 Elites would do that.