Super Adventure Festival returns next week!

As always, SAB is returning tomorrow, and as always, I can't contain the hype! This is by far my favourite event in the game, and it's even further my favourite thing to do in the game period. Bless the Asura for making this box.

First things first, I will get this off my chest, as I do yearly -- PLEASE put the tribulation mode balloon in the gem store! I'd be more than happy to carry it around with me outside of the box and give it a wave!

Anyway, I'm hoping that there'll be new merch for SAB again, new backpacks, gliders... Or maybe even put an SAB weapon pack in the gem store! Super Stick (sword), Super Nunchucks (mace or focus), etcetera. And don't think we don't know about the secret fire sword that's hidden in the game's code! 'Cause we do know about it! Please do something with it!

Bless this event and Josh Foreman, and thank you Aenet for not ditching this amazing experience!

@"kharmin.7683" said:Pretty damning statement of the condition of the game when players believe that SAB is the best content.That's your personal interpretation of what people have tried to express.

My interpretation is: this game has managed to add something really unique to the "regular" MMO content, unique to the point where people enjoy it enough to make it stand out big time.

Personally I play this game for a variety of reasons, not the least being that as an MMO it handles a lot of things more to my liking than its competitors, but if I had to single out one piece of content that I am looking most forward to each year it would still be SAB. There's just something fun and relaxing about jumping through the colourful box with its happy music that puts a smile on my face and makes me feel good whenever I think of it.

Just because you personally don't like it doesn't mean that the rest of the game is bad just because some of us love the box above everything else.

@Rasimir.6239 said:Just because you personally don't like it doesn't mean that the rest of the game is bad just because some of us love the box above everything else.That wasn't the point. No, I don't like it, but I am not against those who find it entertaining. To each their own, eh?

The point was that some believe that SAB is the best content, and if that is so, then why should ANet bother working on anything else?

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@kharmin.7683 said:Pretty damning statement of the condition of the game when players believe that SAB is the
best
content.

Okay, let me rephrase it:
It's the only content I have no complaints about and that is 100% fun.
That makes more sense to me. :)

I much prefer events like the World Boss rush, Meta Event Rush, Destabilized Magic and Champion Rush. I tried Sab but I can not get into it, the graphics hold no nostalgia for me and I dislike the JP theme of it. Sorry to be so negative but you were SO positive I felt I had to balance it out.

I'm looking forward to it too. :) I really enjoy SAB and I'm hoping to chip away at a bit more of tribulation mode this year.

I'm also looking forward to seeing how my friends who are new to the game react. I'm sure they'll go and investigate when the festival starts, and I don't think they know anything about it yet, so it's all going to be a surprise. We might even end up running through some of it together, which will involve a lot of laughter when we fall off cliffs and into lava and stuff.

@Honeymonster.7154 said:I use my SAB stuff all year, and Quip too! Pretty sure you can turn off other players item sounds anyway, so doesn't matter to me. Anyway can't wait, one of the best festivals because it's unique!

You absolutely can turn off the sounds of other players, for most things.

I -still- want to nuke the sounds of other players minis, due to a grand total of 3...yes 3 minis that sounds have caused me to turn to the sound off while im playing 90% of the time due to how loud, repetitive, annoying and utterly jarring they are when theres more than one in the area.

However i am glad the content is back, ive missed being able to play it literally every single year aside from the first year due to being deployed or out to sea while stateside, so this is a huge event for me.

I dislike most of the super flashy equipment in the game including (especially) leggies, and SAB items aren't much different in that regard. I hope Anet will one day implement a "standard character models" setting for all areas, not just competitive. (Ideally, the characters would have the correct race though, unlike in competitive game modes, but it's unlikely to happen; they'd probably just copy over the functionality from competitive modes if they do it.)

The sounds you can already disable in the settings.

I do otherwise enjoy SAB though. Glad it will go for the usual duration. ^^