Ideas to get the closest thing to a heavy armored knight?

Parco.2934

Hey guys, I'm new here!

I've been playing for a while and got my first character, a Ranger, to level 80. Sadly, I'm not really enjoying how it plays. Like many, I was mislead by my own preconceptions and thought my bow would be the real deal. I've always enjoyed playing either long range, back of the line, pick people with low hp off kinda characters. Since this doesn't seem possible, I'll go to the exact opposite: an iron clad knight right up there in monsters faces, killing them so dead they reincarnate into benign tumors.

So here's the question, how can I build something that carries a hefty weapon, enters battle in a fit of righteous anger and proceeds to head butt enemies in the face at running speed, with the full weight of his heavy armor behind him and then, once enough faces are permanently rearranged, draws a line in the sand with his enormous appendage and stands his ground while hacking off every limb within reach of his sword. Then, while his skills are on cool-down, he uses the severed extremities to bash his enemies heads into their own torsos, turning them into gruesome turtle like corpses.

What build and class would you imagine could satisfy this description better? Something with high hp preferably, a brute that suits my finger dexterity. (imagine how your fingers feel on a cold winter morning, on a bike, without gloves, while it rains)

Cheers from Argentina!

You described the Berserker Elite Spec for Warrior. Literally headbutts enemies and goes into a fit of rage. Can comfortably go Power or Condi. Slap on some Marauder gear and I'm fairly confident you'll have what you're looking for! I will say that the downside is if you play the BannerSlave Zerker meta build, it is very button spamming and could potentially hurt your fingers. Outside of that, I wouldn't worry about it. I have a Spellbreaker (the other elite spec for Warrior) that has a very slow and satisfying build.

In any case, I think Zerker is your best bet. I would even suggest Spellbreaker to be a fun swap for you which will be nice since they're both Warriors.

Yep, Berserker. PvE run the Axe/Axe Power Berserker build. Its on Metabattle. If you have to then run Power Banner Slave. The rotation is pretty easy and is the same for both builds.

Axe3 -> Headbutt -> F1 ->F1 ->Axe5 ->F1->Axe2 ->Axe 3->F1 ->Axe4 ->AA once -> F1

Basically, F1 takes priority then Axe5, Axe2, Axe4 in priority, use you skills and AA to fill adrenaline, spam F1 as soon as a skill completes. Never interrupt AA chain once Berserk Mode ends. For added complexity you can throw a bolas prior to Axe5 or F1 to increase dps if you have take Peak Performance. It is honestly one of the easiest rotations, and you'll give your party mates a run for their money on the DPS meter. I use to tie my group's Weaver in some Fractals.

For Competitive play its Greatsword and Rifle to abuse Arc Divider and Gunflame.

Another decent choice would be a power based Guardian or Dragon Hunter. Lay down symbols and Sword of Justice and just watch as things die around you.