Help a noob with choosing the right class

HI all,Reinstalled the game after fixing my pc and eager to start a fresh adventure.But with all the new updates and content, I find it difficult to choose the right class for me.Im looking for a class that is usefull in group fights and solo the pve story.

I dont like Mesmer and Guardian, for the rest Im open to the other classes.Most of my expierence is Mage style in Lineage II and Ranged trooper in SWTOR. Not that my expierence is that important, since Im kinda attracted to warrior.

thanks all

I would recommend that you figure out what game mode that you are looking to play first (open world, fractals, raids, PvP, WvW) then look up some POV videos of that class in those scenarios. If it looks fun then give it a whirl. Even if you turn out not to like it you can always just make another character. I originally thought I was going to like to play Thief. Turned out I was wrong. Overtime you more than likely have 1 of each class anyway might as well create them now so you can receive the annual rewards each year.

@Lammio.5217 said:HI all,Reinstalled the game after fixing my pc and eager to start a fresh adventure.But with all the new updates and content, I find it difficult to choose the right class for me.Im looking for a class that is usefull in group fights and solo the pve story.

I dont like Mesmer and Guardian, for the rest Im open to the other classes.Most of my expierence is Mage style in Lineage II and Ranged trooper in SWTOR. Not that my expierence is that important, since Im kinda attracted to warrior.

thanks all

Warrior with a Longbow or rifle might be fun. Ranger with either bow, Dragon Hunter with a Bow, or Renegade with a Bow are options. For Mage play there is Ele but they can be hard to play well.