Map Completion

Grateful for a little newbie help. Sorry if I am in the wrong place, just let me know where I should post queries like this one.I have completed the Malchor's Leap map, except for one point of interest and one vista, still not found.They don't light up on the map, so I am assuming they are under water (this happened to me before).I have searched the map diligently, but I can't see any indication of unexplored ground, so I am baffled ... can anyone suggest how I could find the darn things? Maybe this has happened to other people?Any assistance appreciated.Thanks:)

On the west edge of the map is poi (Harbinger chat code: [&BPkEAAA=]) and south of it a vista. (even west of the HP)

Noth of Union WP ist also PoI (Mirror's Handle) and even further north a vista.

NW of (still on the rock of) Dwayna Temple is also PoI (Sculptor's End) and vista together

You can also configure your map compas in the settings to point towards unexplored map parts and map completion locations.

You can look up these names in the wiki to get the other chat codes, if you put that chat-code in the chat and press returrn you can click on it in the chat log, showing you on the map where it is. That makes it easy for people in map-chat (in game you can simply shift-click on something to put its chat-code into the chat) to ping you difficult to find locationss.

Also https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Malchor%27s_Leap has a fully explored map and lists them all.

@"Dayra.7405" said:

You can also configure your map compas in the settings to point towards unexplored map parts and map completion locations.

Just to expand/specify a bit

You find this option in Option -> General Option -> User Interface-section -> Content Guide-Dropdownchoose "Hide events and personal Story " there

This won't be the last time you'll run into this situation on a map: no visible unexplored areas, yet missing poi etc...

Either go to https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Main_Pageand enter the zone name in the search box

or in game type this into chat/wiki Zone name

You'll get a very detailed map on the zone which is also interactive and many POI can be clicked on and will link you to a Page that sometimes had into on how to get to it.

@"73191724-F90B-9398-38BF-1788056EB0DB.4527" said:They don't light up on the map, so I am assuming they are under water (this happened to me before).

I assume you went into the worldmap and hovered your mouse over the legend in the top left corner over the missing Vista and PoI. If you do so, the missing stuff should flash up.pZnAjx1.jpg

That method works always, but people often forget about the two tools in the bottom-right corner of the map.Ii1pDSH.jpgA = Zoom. If the map is too close zoomed in, the objects may flash up, but behind the visible area.

B = The height-layer.

Every map in GW2 uses different numbers of height levels. How many accessible levels are in your current map, you can see here. In this map, you can access a total of three layers. The pawn C figure shows you where you currently are. In this example we are currently in the second (middle) layer.

You can switch between the height-layers by just clicking on the tool. You will easily notice, the map will change. Certain objects are only visible in a certain height level. Same goes for map-pieces of basements or roof tops. Your minimap and the worldmap always adjust the height-level to your current position.

The above explained flash-option for missing objects is also limited to the respective height-level. So if you are looking for a certain object, you should always try the flash-trick with all possible height-levels.

Note: You can open the worldmap in an instance (e. g. Dungeon) and go to the highest level. In most cases you can view a map of Tyria and waypoint outside to a location of your choice. This works with a lot of story-instances, dungeons and the Mistlock Sanctuary.