[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

I don't know if this is an original idea, but a coloured commander tag icon in front of comm's names in chat would be helpful to quickly identify who's saying what, especially in WvW or events like het HoT meta's. I feel the opposite about the 'Mentor' feature, I think it's pointless to see it in chat.

Have everything be voice-acted, it keeps me engaged and is why I never got into WoW.

Make side-quests more interesting. They feel very bland and are just there to get you exp.

Extend the main story and tie it together better. Everytime I was getting into the main story, I was pulled out cause I had to be level so-and-so to progress and after reaching that level and continuing, I either completely forgot about what was happening or felt that what happened before and whats happening now felt like their was a gap in-between that I was missing.

What I said before on this thread, basically, include romance options.

Add numeric measurement in Makeover Kits in addition to scroll ( height, face elements, etc )Add race-specific NPC examples n Total Makeover kits to choose proper character height, NPC's measurement will be used to compare your character to others ( i think Kasmeer is still unit of measurement :D )

There really needs to be a way to reset adventures part-way through, unless it's already there and it's not obvious. Griffon races can be restarted by touching the ground, but others... well, I guess I can always just log out to restart. I mean jesus, I can't even talk to the starting NPC/location to restart! Any sort of timed or trial-and-error-prone process really ought to have this function.

To be very blunt, this sort of obvious oversight is kind of a trademark of GW2's often spread-too-thin, half-hearted game design. I'd rather time be spent refining the core elements of the game rather than making these clunky adventures that mostly go ignored aside from achievement or reward purposes.

Do I need to mention that many of the griffon time trial races often have the checkpoint gates visually blocking obstacles, making it more a process of trial and error, rather than the kind of skill you'd expect for a race?

@tanpopo.9102 said:There really needs to be a way to reset adventures part-way through, unless it's already there and it's not obvious. Griffon races can be restarted by touching the ground, but others... well, I guess I can always just log out to restart. I mean jesus, I can't even talk to the starting NPC/location to restart! Any sort of timed or trial-and-error-prone process really ought to have this function.

Top right of your screen where the activity progress is, there should be a close button (you know the standard square with an X in it) which closes the adventure and should allow you to reset.

Remove the low capacity guild map instances

It's really annoying when you go with 6+ people to a guild hall and the first 5 have to change maps because a bigger instance has opened and the current one is closing.

Slumbering variants of the other legendary trinkets

Just like Conflux and Transendence I think it would be nice to have a slumbering version of Vision, Aurora and Coalescence too.

Please make more ways to get huge amounts of XP.It's only in order to get characters to level up a little faster.If the level 40 key is what's stopping you from doing it, then please remove the BLC key.I don't care about the key, just want to level up to 80 faster.I'm on 24 characters and just started 4 characters from fresh.Please consider guys.Place the level 10 and 40 keys on 80, or remove them completely.I know it's to stop key farming exploit, so as I said, I don't care for the keys.Just want to level up really quick, so I can access the vast amount of the other stuff that's otherwise impeded... under lvl 80.

Thanks so much.

Game message-> Miscellaneous message when you have toggled autotarget or snap to ground via hotkey binding.

An option to put an overlay on weapon skills/slot skills with their respective cd's over the icon to help players get easier acquainted with their profession cds, instead of having it show the cd countdown only after using it. So for example on ranger shortbow, on poison volley it will show 8 on the icon, quick shot will show 8 on the icon, etc. Then when they are used it will show skill recharge. I believe this will help people learn their weapon and skills easier.

I'm exploring core zones and suddenly got this popup when my exp bar got full after I hit level 80. Why am I forced to start expansions now even though I haven't finished main story yet? Why can't you just change it so core masteries are unlocked by default?

• Like 2

PLEASE let us "dismiss" achievements that are almost completed. Not delete the actual achievement, just its listing in the main Achievements window. The top one on my list is, as far as I know, something I won't be able to complete for months & months because of an event, and I'd rather see "do-able" ones. Thank you.

The must have QOL improvements we need in my opinion :

More waypoints in Season 2 of the Living world and HoT Mystic Forge : add a window which would remember all the things we already crafted and an option to select the number of those we want to craft. Achievements window : make it open on the last one we watched instead of always opening on the main page. A dedicated Event and Adventures window where we can see clearly all the events we've completed and all those we never did, including the best score we reached for the Adventures . Ability to skip all cutscenes and dialogues from Season 2 of the Living World, HoT etc because it's really annoying to lose time and be obliged to watch and listen to all of it over and over again when playing it again to complete achievements When using salvage items, give the option to recycle all items of the same color / quality at once or to select multiple items we want to salvage instead of needing to manually click on each item one by one._ Add a real combat / damage log where we can see exactly what killed us, how much damage we received from which skill / condition etc.

And, finally, change the game and classes description to inform all players that there is no ranged class and all professions end up being melee fighters because whatever.

• I have a quality of life suggestion: fix WvW skill lag and high ping in large groups by significantly improving your server quality.

• How? Spend more budget on server quality and you will actually MAKE more money in the long run- as you will retain your many WvW players, who, becoming happier than ever before, will begin to play and spend more.

• How #2 - I and many WvW players would pay you to have these servers. Try a poll if you don't believe this. I suggest an annual donation/pay as you like drive to be able to support these server. Or if you must- try this poll for WvW players: Option 1: 1$ a year fee for significantly, improved servers. Option 2: servers remain as they are for free. I suspect overwhelmingly people would pay the 1$.

Option to hide commander tag in when leader of squad in PVE. I understand the need to have it showing in WvW but should not always be required in PVE.

Edit: To add some context, this option could just be available if you are in the squad alone. For a scenario of why this is desirable, when linking waypoints/items etc. from the wiki I do not want to be spamming public chat with this and therefore will create a squad. It is also not ideal to have the commander tag always showing when trying to do trivial things.

Please reduce the intensity of the bright flashing light that appears every time the player leaves ranger’s Soulbeast mode (like every time the player mounts). I’m thinking about returning to the game, but bright effects like this hurt my eyes and really discourage me from wanting to return.

Seriously, this isn’t even a long or difficult change... For how many years do players have to ask for the reduction of such unhealthy and bright flashing effects before Anet takes meaningful action? Same applies to just about every Holosmith skill that causes bright flashing effects.

WvW, PVP, Open World, and Dungeons/Fractals Display Option Templates.

So I'm fortunate enough to have a 2080ti, and even that thing can't keep up in WvW running max settings on 3440x1440 in zerg scenarios. I'd love to be able to tune my settings better for each game type to keep as much as I can while remaining playable, but instead I find myself going full potato for WvW, and "ALL THE THINGS!!!" for pve. I'd especially like for the graphics settings to change automatically with my spec and gear upon entering the different parts of the world.

I think would be neat to have capes crafted from basic guild capes you get in say Armorsmith, Tailor, and Leatherworker. Would be a tier 2 of the guild cape and a tier 3, but maybe modes like WvW could refine it into an ascended tier 4 related to their content. Then I was thinking maybe Scribe could do a few of the simple variant alterations of the guild capes like a tattered, torn, or longer versions.

Masochist title from completing all Tribulation difficulty achievements from Super Adventure Box.

A Glitched Tribulation difficulty mode as a secondary Tribulation difficulty to SAB after you beat Tribulation difficulty once. Enemies and platforms and even traps could be moved around in odd ways for Glitched Tribulation weapons.